ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Almost thrashed it !!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/147736-almost-thrashed-it.html)

STi-Frenchie 06 November 2002 08:11 AM

Road conditions a bit slippy this morning what with the autumn leaves and overnight rain, traffic was moderate and I stuck to the speed limit. Didn't over-rev or thrash the car at all, took absolutely no risks, drove safely and was generally nice to fellow motorists even going as far as to let several of them out of the side roads with a gentle smile and careful wave.

If it wasn't for my gold wheels I could be in grave danger of giving scoobies a good name. :D

melon 06 November 2002 08:40 AM

Nice going Sti!!
Reading posts on here over the last few weeks I think a few of our British colleagues could do with taking a leaf out of your book and make the roads a safer place....and save me ££££'s on my insurance premium;)

cheers..melon:D

davyboy 06 November 2002 08:46 AM

Phew....................sounds like you were lucky!

;)

nigelward 06 November 2002 08:49 AM

Careful, your tyres might last and you won't need to fill up as often with fuel.

Could cause a recession :D

Road-rash 06 November 2002 09:21 AM

Sounds like it's time to buy a nissan micra ?

NotoriousREV 06 November 2002 10:37 AM

Road-rash,

You're a prat.

Road-rash 06 November 2002 12:12 PM

Tell me this then why why have 225/300 bhp and drive like a fairy,I think it is you who is the pratt. (1 subaru 2000 turbo for sale never been thrashed 64 k on clock still on original tyres) wot a JOKE.

STi-Frenchie 06 November 2002 12:59 PM

Satire is obviously not your strong point RR :)

Brendan Hughes 06 November 2002 01:21 PM

STI-F - continuez, c'est cool!

SUNDAY DRIVER 06 November 2002 01:30 PM

Road-rash,
You a dumb-ass.

Road-rash 06 November 2002 02:52 PM

Now boys is the scoobynet getting that serious that nobody can have a bit of humour or has everybody lost it wilst sunday driving (CHILL OUT) PS I didn't see everybody taking it steady on last northern meet over the moors doing 100+ Whoops national speed limit only 60 ? get a life boys.

powerman 06 November 2002 06:40 PM

Gents Gents Gents
If every driver who drives within the speed limit and is corteous to other drivers put a posting on here then i for one think we could all post one or two.Come on gents this is supposed to be a technical discusion forum not a blow your own trumpet forum at the detriment to other scooby owners by making out we all drive inconsideratly.I think I could safely say that we all have our moments and if not maybe a micra might just fit the bill.

mista weava 06 November 2002 06:52 PM

big up powerman!

road rash is right though to some extent, as everyone on scoobynet seems to have quite a dry sense of humour, whilst being really sensitive when someone is taking the michael!

difficult to interpret chat rooms sometimes i think, as you never quite know the slant that someone is taking with a thread
- agree or disagree?

powerman 06 November 2002 07:02 PM

MISTA WEAVER
I AGREE NICE TO SEE SOMEONE SEES SENSE
POWERMAN

STi-Frenchie 06 November 2002 08:07 PM

Just a quick update. Given the time of year, it was dark on the way home from the office this evening so I decided to keep the revs below 4000 and clearly indicate at each junction, thereby affording my fellow road users the opportunity to anticipate my next move. Many of said motorists indicated their approval of my maximum 20mph by flashing their lights at me.

Home now. Safe and sound, as should be.

Can't wait to get out there and burn some more rubber tomorrow. Nite all.

powerman 06 November 2002 08:16 PM

sleep tite
and dont forget to let your engine idle for 5 minutes to let the oil cool down.........and everyone else.

Road-rash 07 November 2002 05:22 PM

lads just having a bit of fun on a crap day no harm done, by the way just bought a new car Subaru justy heard its faster than the micra.lol