ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Doughnuts - WHY??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/146956-doughnuts-why.html)

pslewis 11 March 2002 08:53 PM

Just watched a group of grannies not much younger than me doing Doughnuts on Top Gear - one question, WHY???

WHY?

WHY?

WHY?

Pete

Its a skill which is about as useful as a Choclate Frying Pan FFS!!

And about as clever as entering an 4rse kicking contest when you have ONE LEG!!

[Edited by pslewis - 11/3/2002 8:56:05 PM]

boomer 11 March 2002 10:17 PM

It is soooo nice to watch a program that sticks two fingers up at the PC (eg, Transport 2000) brigade.

And a bunch of happy grans n'all :)

mb

[Edited to say - good for the happy grans :D, not two fingers ;)]

[Edited by boomer - 11/3/2002 10:20:07 PM]

TheScooby 11 March 2002 10:26 PM

Doughnuts are just another way to have fun with your car. That i can understand, but the thing i don't get is why people do burnouts!! WHY!?!?! A very expensive hobby especially if you happen to worship the Pirelli Gods:D:p

TheScooby

[Edited by TheScooby - 11/3/2002 10:33:44 PM]

AndyC_772 03 November 2002 09:07 PM

Fun. It's that simple.

Why does the theatre exist? Or the cinema? Or music? They also serve no purpose other than to entertain.

Some people find different things entertaining than others. I, for example, hate opera - I see no value in it. You don't understand doughnuts. Same difference :)

Andy.

chrisp 03 November 2002 09:07 PM

puts less strain on the handbrake cable :D

DanTheMan 03 November 2002 09:08 PM

Maybe cos its fun, I presume if you were sat in that car you would have your pipe and slippers on and take the keys out :) like I would.... NOT
at least it didnt have gold wheels :):):)

Marky-San 03 November 2002 09:12 PM

I thought it was a laugh. Never seen a granny doing doughnuts before - infact they all did really well, better than most boyracers for sure.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 03 November 2002 09:13 PM

Its also about car control - something you may not be too skilled at...

:p :p

They were ;)

:)

Glenn_R 03 November 2002 09:14 PM

THE best thing I have seen on TV this year!!! Haven't laughed so much in ages - worth every penny of the license fee.

One legged arse kicking.... sounds hilarious! Should have that on TV instead of Popstars!

dhorwich 03 November 2002 09:18 PM

cant wait for the religious 'head to head' that should be funny......

GlenR,

That sounded like it was a phrase from points of view...!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D well the first sentance.:D

Dan

[Edited by dhorwich - 11/3/2002 9:19:16 PM]

chrisp 03 November 2002 09:20 PM

Must admit Clarkson is the MAN, very entertaining programme

pslewis 03 November 2002 09:21 PM

CAR CONTROL????????????????

What Bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the very definition - the car is NOT in control!!

The wheels are spinning, the tyres are losing grip, the toxic smoke can kill you!!

NOW, I understand if its done for fun - I can think of many things more fun than that, but I suppose that leaves more women for us MEN ;) While you clowns are out there wearing your tyres out screaming moronic delight I will be inside with the girlfriends you havent got!! ;)

What Geeks :rolleyes: - never mind, you go play silly bu99ers :D

Pete

Brian 1947 03 November 2002 09:31 PM

Pete,
You really shouldn't wind people up like this !!!!!

You know that you enjoyed it really and it was a little bit of fun. I watched it with a Granny and she loved it!

Brian

pslewis 03 November 2002 09:34 PM

;)

Its Sunday night and matron lets me stay up and play on Scoobynet til a bit later see??

Let me have my fun - this is better than spinning a car around in a 10 foot circle wasting rubber!! ;)

Pete

EVOLUTION 03 November 2002 09:35 PM

did any one happen to see those minis at the motor show(i think it was there any way),

now you tell me that they were not in control!!!!!!

John

Tiggs 03 November 2002 09:37 PM

"While you clowns are out there wearing your tyres out screaming moronic delight I will be inside with the girlfriends you havent got!! "

lol- just read this and missed out the "with" between "inside" and "the"

now that did make me laugh!

T

Little Miss WRX 03 November 2002 09:48 PM

For pure entertainment value :D

Anyhow Pete, at least the wheels weren't gold ;)

Michelle
Miss pslewis when it comes to those nasty yellow things ;)

pslewis 03 November 2002 09:51 PM

You would have thought the wheels WOULD be Gold wouldnt you - the drivers being old women and all?? ;)

Would have suited them down to the ground - now, grannies ARE allowed Gold Wheels!! :D

Pete

Little Miss WRX 03 November 2002 09:56 PM

You know what Pete - I would say you have a heart of gold - but that would be too insulting to you ;)

Michelle xxxxxx

pslewis 03 November 2002 10:01 PM

;) XXxxXX ;)

Pete

dazzaTypeR 03 November 2002 10:04 PM

Made a refreshing change from being stuck behind them doing 27mph in 60...

was funny though and good on um for just wanting to try instead of callin the law.

Cant wait to see the bishop bashing next week...

peelo 03 November 2002 10:18 PM

WHY? 'cause it's funny... like a joke. Fair enough if you don't think it was funny or you think it was inappropriate... but WHY? is no mystery :D

scooby-si 03 November 2002 10:28 PM

chrisp lol :D

johnfelstead 04 November 2002 12:56 AM

more donuts than you can eat. :D

because we can Pete. :D

Simple as that really.

http://users.breathe.com/shaun.fenni...rsinthewet.htm

Active 04 November 2002 01:36 AM

A bit of fun Pete, like the time (I heard) that you decide to do a streak in your old codgers home to liven things up a bit.

At nine o clock, just before the cocoa and lights out Pete decide to do a streak through the ward. As he flashed passed the matrons window as fast as his little legs would carry him she looked up and said to her asssistant "what was that?". The asssistant looked up and replied "I don`t know, but whatever it was it wants ironing".........

Defiant STI 04 November 2002 09:57 AM

I have to admit that I prefer the no BS approach to Top Gear. I understand that most of it is for pure entertainment value BUT I watch Top Gear for the cars not to see a Bus jump Motorbikes, or for Grannies to do Doughnuts.

It's too much like MAX Top Gear Power for my liking :D I know, I'm old before my time ;)

P1Fanatic 04 November 2002 10:07 AM

How is a doughnut out of control by definition??? Ive seen many clips of doughnuts and the best was a guy in souped up caterham who pulled doughnuts for a few mins on the spot in a crowd of people. Now I couldnt do that and I doubt many could without a fair bit of praccy & training. So to me that shows they are more in control of the car than the average driver.
Simon