ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Nokia 8310 Problem (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/145806-nokia-8310-problem.html)

DJ Dunk 30 October 2002 04:38 PM

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it ?

Mate's 8310 keeps displaying Allow SIM Action then it crashes or switches off.

Confim SIM service actions is set to Not Asked.

Odd. Can you help ?

Cheers :)

Amanda-Jane 30 October 2002 04:39 PM

snap!

also my phone switches itself off when I send a text message and switches back on again with the keypad locked!!!!

Amanda

DJ Dunk 30 October 2002 04:41 PM

Thats it :)

Its drving him nuts !!! :D

damian666 30 October 2002 04:46 PM

I had a similar problem with my phone so I contacted vodafone regarding the problem...

My phone constantly came up with the message "how are you?" and prompted to say 'confim sim action?'

The solution was to get a replacement sim from vodafone - they said it is a sim virus!

I didnt think that was possible!

DJ Dunk 30 October 2002 04:47 PM

Just had a read on net. Apparently its a know bug in the software. Anyone know how to get a firmware upgrade on these ?

DJ Dunk 30 October 2002 04:48 PM

:eek: Scary !! Thats the same as he gets :eek:

I'll pass on the good news ! Thanks :)

evo kid 30 October 2002 07:14 PM

Yea my 8310 turns its self off then back on locked some times when i try to send a text , how annoying

does any one know of a fix ?

FASTER MIKE!! 30 October 2002 08:24 PM

mine too, know of 2 other peoples 8310 which do this.

carl 30 October 2002 09:01 PM

Me too. Lots of 'Insert SIM' and reboots. Occasional calls that connect then lock the phone with a high-pitched whistling. What a piece of crap it is [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

WRXBOB 30 October 2002 09:34 PM

I had the problem too....untill the phone slipped from my hand and fell down 4 flights of stairs ;) Orange replaced it under their free accidental insurance and the new phone is perfect :D

Bob

Shings 30 October 2002 09:43 PM

Hi Guys

I work for the carphone warehouse.

You all need software upgrades on your phones to stop this.
Any branch of CPW will be able to arrange this... be warned tho it may take upto 14 days.
Or if u are a member of Club nokia try them not sure how quick they are tho.

Its a simple fix and the prob does not repeat its self.
(I know I am an unlucky few too)

TO the chap with the vodafone "HOW ARE YOU?"

Quality that they said its a Virus!!!! Muppets.... complete and utter lie.
The reason that happens is for when "Vodafone LIVE" goes live.. part of their new service. UNFt some of the older sim cards people had we're not compatable in the tests they ran, these we're designed to weed out these problem sims and give u an updated version, so u could take advantage of "live" should u want to with minimal fuss.

hope this helps everyone.

regards

Shings
(friendly RS owner)

scrap 30 October 2002 09:51 PM

my 8310 sometimes goes off then straight back on again, but screen locked too :(

a fix would be good........

Teri

Shings 30 October 2002 09:53 PM

see above Teri

Shings

scrap 30 October 2002 09:59 PM

Thanks Shings

Im in Club Nokia, so do I just go to their site or what?

Teri

Shings 30 October 2002 10:15 PM

Personally

In this ages of techno bable I still prefer speaking to someone.

01480 43 43 43

Ring em tomorrow, quote ya Club nok membership number or imei (serial number if u dont know it type *#06# into your phone) and they will talk to u.
They should be able to sort... DO NOT be fobbed off, it is a software prob and affects a lot of phones and it is fixable.

Shings

scrap 30 October 2002 10:20 PM

Thanks for your help, I will let you know how I get on tomorrow :)

Teri

Shings 30 October 2002 10:27 PM

Thumbs up

DJ Dunk 31 October 2002 09:19 AM

Thanks for setting the record straight Shings :)

lpski1 31 October 2002 10:35 AM

I can happily concur what SHINGS has said. Mine was doing the same as all the described above and i have had the software upgraded and all is well now. CPW in Cheapside (london) took them 2 days.

dogmaul 31 October 2002 10:42 AM

CPW cant fix a ducking thing !!!! worst company i have ever had the missfortune to deal with. 14 days balls sure they tell you that then change it to 14 working days then 2 weeks later it finally comes back and its even worse then when it whent in to get fixed !!!!!

Nevetas 31 October 2002 11:06 AM

Good old nokia's :(

Shings 01 November 2002 10:17 PM

Fair Play Dogmaul

Some times it can be a bit crappy... but I suppose being the only high street retailer to offer a manufacturer approved and supported repair opperation on the scale we do is an easy job, unft some times we dont get it right. Thats life, and also why we offer loan phones.

However your specifics are a little limited in your reply.
What phone? When? Problem? Oh and I dont suppose u brought the phone from CPW by any chance did u?

14 working days unresonable. oops.

Send it to the manufacturer and see how long they take, to my knowledge (which is vast on mobiles) the only manufacturer which claims and hits its target in a shorter time is motorola.

Phillips... U send the phone to them get it back when ever, cant ring them direct.
Nokia... Pick your phone up... if they remember only if club nokia member
Trium... U send the phone to them, cant ring direct.
Ericsson... U send the phone to them, quite helpful
Motorola.. Pick phone up and deliver back within 5 wrk days.
Samsung... Dont even repair their own phones.. hays technology.. JOKERS
Sony... 6 weeks current turn around.

So to be honest I reckon 14 working days is pretty good...

Hope this clarifies (sp) CPW and repairs in general.

Hope everyone else found use in what I said.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

Shings

Moles sis 01 November 2002 10:33 PM

my phone turned itself off and wouldnt turn on again, apparently its a software fault with the old version of the 8310 (cos i had my phone nicked in charring X mcDonalds and got it replaced by the house insurance company) so i got a replacement and it was fine. most phones that have 'complicated' software turn on and off, my bro's old 7110 did the same. but the confirm sim action?!?! i have NO idea!

evo kid 02 November 2002 05:03 PM

Shings
how muc does the cpw charge to update the 8310 , and do i just drop in my local branch
cheers
Daf

T3RBO 02 November 2002 11:29 PM

Nokia's 12 month warranty will cover a free upgrade as known and acknowledged fault

If you have care/insurance ask for a replacement (next day)