ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Legacy GTB – a newbie ponders… (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/14505-legacy-gtb-a-newbie-ponders.html)

TimBuk 2 16 September 2001 11:29 PM

Dear all you Scoobienetters, as a newbie I have a rather basic but unfathomable question that requires enlightenment, namely: why is this beautiful wagon restricted to Japan and New Zealand (of all places)? Check out:

Luke 16 September 2001 11:34 PM

Clint Eastwood in "Dirty fingers"??

TimBuk 2 16 September 2001 11:40 PM

hehe. Same film: "as a youth, I used to weep in butcher's shops"

TimBuk 2

bb 17 September 2001 12:08 AM

For the VR4, expect around 14-15mpg for normal driving...and even less when pushing it!!

Legacy GTB wagon, similar to the Impreza starting from 25mpg downwards.

The VR4 will be slightly faster in outright acceleration but fuel consumption is very very poor! I think it is something worht considering.

pwebb 17 September 2001 08:53 AM

"Tim"

check out Litchfield Imports in Cheltenham or click-through the banner ads on this bbs.
Iain can do the fab Legacy GT-B E-Tune. Other (more expensive)importers include David Hendry and Park Lane.

for more info from owners check out the 'Legacyb4' list on yahoo groups.

cheers,

Paul W

GregD 17 September 2001 10:07 AM

And two pints of Cider, Ice in the cider..

Withnail and I if I'm not mistaken?

G.

I'm fancying a Legacy wagon (or a Galant VR4) for my next car too. I think they're (both) an even higher insurance group than the Impreza Turbo though. Any twin turbo Legacy or Galant / Legnum owners out there with feedback on these cars?

TimBuk 2 17 September 2001 11:35 AM

Thanks Paul W.

and I raise my glass to G.

"Oh, b@llocks to the wellingtons, we'll tell him they had a farmer's conference and had a run on them."

TimBuk 2

philc 18 September 2001 07:31 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by TimBuk 2:
[B]why is this beautiful wagon restricted to Japan and New Zealand (of all places)?

TimBuk 2
B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

becos us new zealanders appreciate fine cars - and have the wide open spaces to drive cars of this calibre?

MattN 18 September 2001 01:14 PM

I think you'll find the VR4 mpg is more like 20-21.

My 95 GT averaged 24mpg
My 96 GT-B(280bhp) averaged 21 mpg
My 96 GT-B(280bhp manual) averaged about 24mpg.

I drove them pretty hard though and that was using NUL! SUL could get an extra 2-3mpg.

Pretty quick, go for a manual though Subaru auto boxes are a bit of a disappointment IMO.

clarence 18 September 2001 07:34 PM

Add Hong Kong to ur list of places where the GT-B & B4 are available.
Strange that all those cars are available here as the roads are narrow, twisty and have a lot of traffic around. Maybe that's the only way Subaru can sell cars here - focus on high performance. It's their niche.