ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Maidstone / towards Sutton Valence... (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/144367-maidstone-towards-sutton-valence.html)

Rich and Mini 25 October 2002 07:13 PM

Saw a silver bug eye turbo this morning, heading towards Sutton Valence sort of area, on the Sutton Valence road ( just going past park wood...)( A274 is it? ), first bit of Number plate GU 51 I think...

Rich :)

Phil Harrison 26 October 2002 11:09 PM

....No, not me.... but were you down the Headcorn end of the A274 later in the morning?? Flashed at a dark Bugeye...

Phil

Rich and Mini 27 October 2002 05:13 PM

Nah not me mate, I was in the works van ( white VW Transporter ), I don't own a Scooby. ( I have a modified Mini ). I work in Aylesford, Quarry Wood, for a BM dealer :p Keep an eye out for me ( the Mini's red and black, K plater ) what's your Scoob like?

Phil Harrison 27 October 2002 10:05 PM

Hi,
STi7(UK) Prodrive, Blue, awaiting my PPP from Walldonway - I'm Number 1 on the list:):):) Eat yer M3s for Breakfast then!! If you drive the Lind Parts van from time to time, I may have seen you round Egerton a couple of times, as I've seen the van there coupla months ago..... from my Horse!

'Fraid I had a sniffy-salesman experience at Linds when I went to look at a 328 Coupe, which is why I ended up with (originally) a Red 5-door Impreza. Mind you, I could live with a Z4 if I had to! Very remeniscent of the Austin Healey 3000 from the side!

So if you see a blue STi 7 on the A 274, gissa wave - I'll try to be quick enough to work out who it is!!

Cheers

Phil

Jolly Green Monster 2 30 October 2002 06:30 PM

I am about this area from time to time in my Classic wagon in dark green and gold 17s but not seen any of you...

:)

Keeping an ;) out

JGM ;)

Phil Harrison 30 October 2002 06:39 PM

Hi JGM!! Yeah, pretty sure I've seen you! Does your "missus" (several assumptions there!!) ever drive the car in the Larkfield Area??

Phil

Jolly Green Monster 2 30 October 2002 07:15 PM

Phil,

Sorry, not me.. wife has driven it twice in 21months, she is only on the insurance as it was cheaper..with her as a names driver.

But some clues to me are rear window is blacked out.. tow bar with 6inch iron attachements to avaid rear attacks and registration starts with TAZ.

JGM :)

Rich and Mini 31 October 2002 06:51 PM

Phil, think I saw you this morning, a blue bug eye turbo was just going up towards the A274, where the road splits from Upper Stone street (?), right up the top. Right at the pub goes Hastings A229, left goes A274. Bloke driving with a peachy coloured shirt on? Was it you?

Phil Harrison 31 October 2002 10:49 PM

Alas, Rich, peachy shirts don't feature in my wardrobe ;););)

No, t'weren't me - if it had been yesterday, then it might well have been! Haven't seen another blue STiUK actually in Maidstone: there's one near Goudhurst, but doubtless there are one or two more fairly local. I think Walldonways sold between 14 and 18 in total (both colours and designs).

Cheers

Phil

Arron 01 November 2002 08:48 AM

Could be me, I'm always down that way as parents live in Sutton Valence.

Arron STI 7 Prodrive WR Blue.

Phil Harrison 01 November 2002 10:40 AM

...Then a "twin" in SV will odds-on be me!! Go through there twice a day pretty well every day.

Cheers

Phil

Rich and Mini 02 November 2002 08:39 PM

OK, saw another one just before the A274 / A229 bit, again it was blue, personalised plate ending in GPR I think, Morrette headlamps (?) and massive rear wing, this was Thursday or Friday ( I have a crap memory ) at about 12pm. It was probably the best looking bug eye I've seen, bloke had glasses on I *think*.

Rich and Mini 03 November 2002 10:15 PM

I'll keep my eye out tomorrow.