ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   Hants Website... (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/144091-hants-website.html)

Jen 24 October 2002 09:44 PM

Well, we've got our own webspace now :)

I've just stuck up a tempory page at the moment with a bit of info on and some funny pic's if you fancied a giggle...can't believe Goon couldn't remember where the gears were ;):D

Chris is still working with Steve to get the real content ready for the big launch :D:cool::D

www.hantsscoobies.plus.com

Jen

Big Goon 24 October 2002 09:52 PM

Who gave you permission to photo my knob ?!!?! :D:p:D

http://www.hantsscoobies.plus.com/Index.6.jpg

Nice start, now hurry and get the rest finished :p

Jen 24 October 2002 10:04 PM

lol! :D

Rachel made me do it!! :D:cool::D Honest! :D ...how did I know you'd say that Goon ;):)

Jen

STI SPUD 25 October 2002 08:45 AM

Goon,

We just thought it was a nice knob!!!:);):) BUT we were worried that you needed to have the useable positions stuck down on the centre console........... a man of your skill and talents?;)would surely know by now all the relevant positions !!:D:D

Good photo btw Jen.

Rach

Edited - cause....can't think of an excuse !

[Edited by STI SPUD - 10/25/2002 8:48:14 AM]

Jen 25 October 2002 09:21 AM

lol @ Rachel! :D

...I particularly liked the manley lipsil ;):D:p

Jen

Chris_S199 25 October 2002 09:30 AM

Jen - you better lay off or he'll never let you drive it again... :D

Flyboy-F33 25 October 2002 09:32 AM

Where'd you get a knob like that then? I want one!

STI SPUD 25 October 2002 11:10 AM

Jen,

You can always have a drive of my 'girly' blue one !!!:D

Rach

StevieB 25 October 2002 12:01 PM

Jen / Chris,

Thanks for making a start and getting an intro page up.

I know I have been rather slow at working on this lately, its just that work has gone manic at the moment as I have been putting exhibition graphics together for several clients attending the same show. No chance for delays with exhibitions.... they open and if the graphics are not done, you have blank walls !!!

I will mail you later if I get chance..... perhaps one evening soon we can get together for a beer and sort formats and what applications you can handle. What have you put the intro page up in??

Steve

Chris_S199 25 October 2002 12:16 PM

Steve,

Cool - no worries about the web pages, Jen's just been over-eager to do some "web-site-stuff" so we just knocked up that page last night with FrontPage, but when I get DreamWeaver installed, we should be able to do fancy stuff. :cool:

Evening to discuss formats sounds good - did you say you had a Mac at home, or was that just at work? If it's at home, I can bring my laptop and we should be able to copy all the stuff across with no probs and then upload it to the web site... :)

Btw, any more news on your replacement exhaust? :D

Chris

Chris_S199 25 October 2002 12:17 PM

Oh, and I'll just add - the pages should be html or htm files so there shouldn't be any probs transferring it between systems and it shouldn't matter what they're created on... I guess we will see if this is true in the fullness of time! :D

Jen 25 October 2002 12:17 PM

Chris - you may be right! :eek: Love yer really Goon! :D:p

Rach - don't say that!! I've become obsessed by Sti's recently...might have to aim for an "8" (it'll take a while to get the money together anyway ;):)) - I'm going to have a good look at it at the motorshow on Monday...and it's not a girly colour! I love the blue and the black :) Although I'd quite like mine purple ;):D

Steve - No rush!! I'm glad that works busy, you'll all be getting pay-rises soon ;):D ...I just put it up as we had the page which was currently blank - it's only a crappy Frontpage thingy that I did whilst watching Eastenders...or was it Buffy? Something anyway! :D Took a whole 5 minutes...I just spent the other 55 playing with the photo's...I think Chris' comments were "what have you done to them now?!" although I think Colin and Lyn's looked quite good in "wet paint" effect :cool::D He gave me quite a disaproving look :(;):D

I'll let Chris talk computer things with you though - if it's at all complicated it just gets passed back to him! :D

Jen

Jen 25 October 2002 12:23 PM

:rolleyes: Speedy Chris got there first [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] :rolleyes:

Damn you Eastleigh Borough Council and your slow arse computers! :D

Chris_S199 25 October 2002 12:23 PM

Purple, now there's a girly colour! :D:p

ADP 25 October 2002 12:42 PM

kewl

especially as my nag is in it ;)

andy

HKSubaru 25 October 2002 02:14 PM

nice, but takes a while to load.;)

Chris_S199 25 October 2002 02:20 PM

What connection speed do you have HK? :) Web site isn't very big at all! :D

ADP 25 October 2002 07:36 PM

It does take a while down a modem, but then its only the images loading up, thats all.

Came up instantly at work, but then it should I get 300k/sec

IanW 25 October 2002 07:43 PM

Site loaded really quickly here 1Mb Cable Modem.

Opened it up in Frontpage and it estimates 145 seconds on a 56k modem, The picture index.7.jpg needs to be resized, it is currently 180KB as opposed to the remainder which are between 30 - 60KB.

Bad Bads 25 October 2002 07:55 PM

Spot on Jen,even if I only managed to get a wheel on :D :D :D
When the whole site is up and running it should be first class.
Paul.

Duracell 25 October 2002 10:18 PM

"Hi Jen+Chris"

Just to say"Good luck"with your own personnel web site,nice to see you've used a picture from Longleat for the intro so far!!!

Will be sending an article+pictures to SIDC+Jap.Performance v.soon for publishing hopefully.
Meantime,i'm thinkin'of another"Big One"(meet that is)probably in New Year.

All the Best....Duracell :cool:

Jen 25 October 2002 10:49 PM

Thanks Matey! :D

Steve (one of the Hants lot who was at Longleat too :)) is a graphic designer, so hopefully (well, I know it will - his put in a ton of work!!) it'll look great when it's all up properly :)

Actually, all the pics on the intro page are Longleat ones :D As always - if you need any help with the next meet let me know :) I think the strength of the longleat day was also having the entertainment there for the whole family - you'll have to find another great venue :D:cool:

Aren't you expecting soon? Well - your lady, not you obviously! Or did I imagine reading that?! :) If so - good luck! :D

Paul - Don't worry, they'll be more of the cars on the webpages ;):D Just thought I'd put your dinner-plate brakes on :)

Jen

Edited due to an inabilty to use the bold command :rolleyes:

[Edited by Jen - 10/25/2002 10:52:15 PM]

Duracell 25 October 2002 11:10 PM

No"Jen",you didn't imagine it!!!!

"Junior"is due on the 29th Nov!!!!!just in time 4 chrissymasss!!!!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/babe.gif

....Duracell http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/santa.gif

Jen 25 October 2002 11:34 PM

Excellent :cool::D Great month for a birthday as well, 7 day's after my birthday ;):D You better make sure he/she/they're on time! :D

Jen

Chris_S199 26 October 2002 11:39 AM

OK - shrunk picture number 7 down to about 80k so it should be a bit quicker to load now... :D

Chris

HKSubaru 26 October 2002 12:47 PM

had a t1 connection at the time! ;) something must of gone funy at the time! but i use adsl usually. computer's hate them but can't live without them!

Big Goon 26 October 2002 11:40 PM

You two girls are so wude !!! :p

Its lucky your boyfriends/husbands dont read this, a young, handsome and virile stud like me would give them something to worry about :D

colin c 27 October 2002 11:16 AM

It's looking good but someones nicked my door handles, actually it looks good without the handles could be the next mod. I will find some more pics and mail them to Steve. Steve I haven't forgot you, I'm just waiting for a price.

Colin.

JamieMacdonald 28 October 2002 01:26 AM

Quality site guys, but one question....

Which is it; Scoobies or Scooby's? ;)

J

Chris_S199 29 October 2002 11:57 AM

It should be Scoobies if there's more than one, or Scooby's if they belong to someone so it should be Hants Scoobies... :D

[Edited by Chris_S199 - 10/29/2002 2:17:53 PM]