ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Buying a WRX in Kent (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1424-buying-a-wrx-in-kent.html)

Markus 11 February 2000 01:33 PM

Thanks to all, especially James Bushell, about the WRX servicing in Kent. This has made me think seriously about getting WRX rather than a UK scooby.

What I want to know is: Where can I by WRX's in Kent. I know about GDA in Crowborough (thank's James), but what about other places? I'm primarily interested in the Wagon, as I may have to transport a doggie, and I don't think It'd appreciate travelling in the boot of the saloon, or in the passenger footwell!

BTW - maybe If I get a scooby I'll stop hassling you lot!!

MarkO 11 February 2000 03:14 PM

I'm in Kent - near Maidstone. If anyone else in the area (such as the 99MY with the PIAA lights in Headcorn station car park yesterday) wants to meet up,

Justin 11 February 2000 04:08 PM

Markus,

Have you thought about importing? I just imported(using an agent) a '94 WRX, top condition, low mileage, etc. cost me under 10k on the road. I'm waiting for it to be registered at the moment, but I should be on the road by next weekend hopefully. I'm Driving everyone nuts with my 'Scooby talk' at the moment!

I'll give you the agents details if you're interested?

Justin.

Markus 11 February 2000 05:04 PM

Justin:
hmm, sounds very interesting. I'm looking to spend 10 - 12 thousand max (don't all scream cheapskate at once!!) so it sounds really cool and I'd love the details.

If you want to post them off-board then email me at markus_warren@hotmail.com

NOTE: I'm out this weekend so might not reply till monday, do don't worry if you don't get a response till then.

Markus 14 February 2000 12:16 AM

Justin:
A few Q's for you:

1: Did the OTR price include SVA test, Radio conversion, Cat 1 alarm, UK Registration, Tac disk, and VAT?

2: Could you give me the exact spec of the car, just so I know the avergae spec to expect.

3: Do you run your on SUL or just premium unleaded?

4: How long did the whole import process take?

5: Where did the car come into the country and how did you collect it?

sorry for the quezzies

leeb 14 February 2000 02:10 PM

Have you tried contacting Barretts in Canterbury, last time I visited they had a WRX in the showroom, mind you that was before it burnt down and they lost all of there stock !!

I might be worth giving them a call as they are helpful chaps.

Markus 14 February 2000 02:38 PM

leeb:
Cheers! I'll have a word with them!

Markus 15 February 2000 05:06 PM

leeb:
Got this response from Barrets:

<B>
As an official Subaru dealer we do not offer for sale , or repair, Impreza imports such as WRX or STi. Perhaps you would like to consider the benefits of buying a Turbo 2000 or indeed a P1?</B>

interesting non?