ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   To you who have a TD-05 Turbo! (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/139997-to-you-who-have-a-td-05-turbo.html)

ScoobyWhite 11 October 2002 11:26 AM

Hi mates!

I know that I already ask some questions about this theme, but for me it is a dificult choice I have to made, because then I can not go back!

So Mr. Jonh Banks help me in my (probably) choice that I am going IHI VF24!!

But I have been read some nice things about this Mitsubishis?? TD-05, bus has you know I do not understand anything about it. I think that exists two versions?? What version is the best?? Anyone have a TD05 fitted in a MY99/00?? I have to change many things??
What about presures (mid-range and top-end)???
And the moust important what about spooling time and full boost??
I read that we can buy thi turbo for a low price?? It is true, and if is where can I buy it??
I ear too that it is very reliable.

I would ear for you some answers and your opinions!!!

Thank you, and regards.

Devil's Refugee 11 October 2002 11:48 AM

Andy F swears by the TD05's and S55 DRJ has one for sale too.
May require some work to make it front entry though.

Andy.F 11 October 2002 12:12 PM

David Wallis may be able to front entry mod it for you. The turbo and mod should be available for around £300 ish I would guess.
Easy 350 bhp with full boost from 3000 rpm :)

ScoobyWhite 11 October 2002 12:17 PM

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to know where can i buy this part new for a low price has you tell me.

Full boost at 3000rpm?? Like the OEM???

What I have to do to fit it?? I do not understand?? I live in portugal so could you tell me what sould I do??
It is reliable and is a ball bearing turbo??

Regards

Andy.F 11 October 2002 12:37 PM

The price I quoted is for a modified used turbo. For a new or reconditioned turbo try Mark Aigin (R19KET) at Lateral Performance.
If looking for a new unit then the TD05 may not be your best choice ?
Secondhand, the TD05 is hard to beat at the price.

Andy

ScoobyWhite 11 October 2002 12:55 PM

Andy

Why is not the best choice??

For what you are telling me full boost at 3000rpm and we can make very psi, I do not understand????

What is the price that you think that this part costs new??
And what about the model?? What is the best?

Thank you.

Andy.F 11 October 2002 01:06 PM

I only do DIY and don't supply parts :)

Those that supply turbo's will probably tell you that a VF series turbo has quicker spool up etc due to the ball/roller bearing design.

Personally I have not found this to be the case, I think the TD05 is very hard to beat in terms of spool up Vs power capability.

Admittedly, it is difficult to compare my engine to others due to the different tuning methods employed. It could be that my car would go even better with a VF hybrid but I'm yet to be convinced.

I estimate that a TD05 with front entry, rebuilt to 'as new' condition would be around £600 - £700 Just a guess, depending upon condition and price of the donor turbo.
Mark.........help !!

Andy

ScoobyWhite 11 October 2002 01:30 PM

So they do not sell this part already new - first time to use?

Thanks