ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Do STI headlights fit standard WRX? (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/138971-do-sti-headlights-fit-standard-wrx.html)

Dave T-S 10 August 2002 01:37 PM

You're not having mine LOL:D

As said, the STi lights are very good out of the box and *much* of an improvement on the WRX ones. I'm also running Vision Plus in the dips, and Philips Rallye 100w in the mains.

About to HID the dips, and add drive lamps too........

[Edited by Dave T-S - 10/8/2002 1:37:49 PM]

marcusg 08 October 2002 08:18 AM

Have seen a thread about it a while back, but don't know what the outcome was. Obviously the lights physically fit, but I believe there is a possible issue with the wiring. Has anyone tried and tested this set-up?
Thanks for your replies.
Marcus

boultsy 08 October 2002 09:50 AM

The quick answer is yes it's been done but it's not easy.

Sourcing a pair of STi units at a reasonable price is another matter.

So if anyone out there has any;)

marcusg 08 October 2002 11:32 AM

Boultsy
Which is not easy? Sourcing the units or the actual installation?

boultsy 08 October 2002 11:44 AM

:)both, unless you want to pay Subaru's inflated prices, £315 per unit.

Fitting requires the loom to be cut, but I'm looking into seeing if a connector can be made. Can keep you posted if interested.

marcusg 08 October 2002 12:04 PM

boultsy,
Bell & Collvil quoted me £265 per unit, but that's too steep. Will try to source second-hand ones. Yes, please keep me posted on how you get on.
Cheers, Marcus

Baby Blue 08 October 2002 12:27 PM

Marcus - as Boultsy has said, the chances of sourcing second hand ones are slim m8. STi7 owners seem to be happy with their lights! - shame we WRX owners cann't say the same!

Added complication of messing with the wiring loom has all but put me off - dealer would need to be invloved to keep warranty - price then get into silly money. (getting on for £1000 for lights!)

Hope you have more luck than Boultsy, myself and several others in finding 2nd hand ones.

BB

boultsy 08 October 2002 02:24 PM

Thanks for that Gloat Dave:D

jah 08 October 2002 10:08 PM

Have been waiting for my STi7 lights for a rather long time now. I need LHD ones which are probably even more rare than RHD. I ordered them new and will be paying the rather hefty price. The lights are now finally at the dealer after waiting for them to arrive from Japan (apparently no spares in Europe).

But the dealer will also get me "converter" wiring so that I can just plug the STi lights onto the standard WRX wiring without doing any cutting. This is the piece that is still missing but he says any day now... Can't wait!

Will post the outcome when I get the kit.

Dave T-S 09 October 2002 08:51 AM

boultsy
Oops - sorry ;) :D

boultsy 09 October 2002 09:03 AM

Nice one Jah.

Any chance you could drop me an email so that I can keep in touch, a converter is the route I was looking to take, very interested.

al_boultsy@hotmail.com

Thanks.