ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Made redundant (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/137933-made-redundant.html)

jasonwrxowner 10 April 2002 11:18 AM

BB.......Sorry to hear it mate.

Think of it as a positive.

I let my last company back in June. Took a month off and then got a nice new shiney job and I now earn FIVE times more.

There are pleny of jobs out there tough guy and I am sure that you will have no problems.

Good luck.

[Edited by jasonwrxowner - 10/4/2002 11:18:57 AM]

Bravo2zero_sps 10 April 2002 11:33 AM

Oi Dazza just seen this post m8, fooking hotmail isn't coming through due to either hotmail being crap or our firewall playing silly bu66ers :rolleyes:

Give me a call m8!

Oh and you know my postal address for those servers ;) :D

[Edited by ************** - 10/4/2002 11:34:30 AM]

jamin 10 April 2002 12:24 PM

Being made redundant from my last place was the best thing to happen to me, had been there 11 months and hated it. They gave me a 6K pay off and it gave me a kick up the ar5e to go and at last look for a new job...just wish it would happen at my current place now.
Good luck
Ben

[Edited by jamin - 10/4/2002 12:24:35 PM]

beemerboy 04 October 2002 11:07 AM

Well its happened.....finally!!!

Yep, i got the bad news this morning, via email from a desk not 20ft away!!!
I'm glad i finally know at least, as the directors were umming and arring about keeping me on to after the downscale.

I started in the company last year, when there were 30 odd staff.

Next month there will be 4!!!!

Not sure what they'll be doing without servers, anti-virus, routers, firewall, email and lightbulbs!!!

Gives me a boot up the 4rse to go and do something else though!!!

Who else feels in a rut????

PS i sent a reply to the mail back saying just "Thanks."

Theyt can read into that one!!!

i'm still smiling though - you have to.

;-)BB
(EX-Network Manager)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 04 October 2002 11:43 AM

Welcome to the club ;)

Thinking about having a "Non-working scooby owners meet" at some point - there's quite a number about ATM...

Very feeble back-bone your ex-bosses had? :rolleyes:

Guess that you can always offer to "contract" for them if they get in difficulties - vastly higher rates of course ;)

Good luck

:)

beemerboy 04 October 2002 11:43 AM

thanks for the vote guys....

any spare kit i get my dabs on will wing its way to the needy!!!!

i will post a list real soon, so keep watching!!!

i'm off to find a 24hr van hire place.....

back soon.

;-)BB

yoza 04 October 2002 11:49 AM

You will look back and wonder why you stayed as long as you did!

Have a heavy weekend and get your head together next week.

If worst comes to worst,dont go and sign on in the scoob,or at least dont park outside the DSS building they dont like that :)
And you need a Lacoste tracksuit or youll stick out like a sore thumb.

Good luck Yoza

Mice_Elf 04 October 2002 11:59 AM

Hope you find a new job soon. :)

TomM 04 October 2002 12:05 PM

Mate, Iam a network manager and I know what you mean, Ive been here for 3 years and I am completely bored and I need a kick up the arse as Iam getting so behind on my skillset!

You will probably find that these things turn out for the best, I dont think it would do me any harm as it would make me get back out there and off my lazy arse!!

Chin up!

Bravo2zero_sps 04 October 2002 12:06 PM

Dazza has a 5 series BMW <boo> so no I don't think that would go down well at the benefits agency :D

Well even more reason m8 for us next Friday to get completely trollied on the boys night out :D :D :D

shunty 04 October 2002 12:27 PM

beemerboy - sorry to hear that, hope something else turns up...keep your sense of humour though mate, cos you give me a laugh most weeks with some of your thread replies:D

shunty

beemerboy 04 October 2002 12:29 PM

Hahah cheers guys.

The funny thing is that this morning all out mx records have got screwed by the isp, and i have been given some scarey server tasks which will possibly make/break the company!!!!

Do these people never learn!!!

Hhaaha, well if it does get screwed up, they cant blame me.....

On a better note,yes they have given me a support contract, verbally, so i will milk them dry, if not, i will completely submerge myself in new pursuits, and they can go whistle!!!!

Hell, i only need to cover about £1600/month (could do that at Mcdonalds!!!- Just!!)

True about the skills list, mind you my CV will be the greatest piece of fiction ever to hit paper!!!!

i will let everyone know how i get on, might encourage others do have a look about as well.

;-)BB

shunty 04 October 2002 12:30 PM

beemerboy quote- PS i sent a reply to the mail back saying just "Thanks."

see what I mean...even this made me smirk.....:D:D

shunty

Bravo2zero_sps 04 October 2002 12:45 PM

Yeah but that £1600 a month just covers the beer vouchers m8 :p

Might not be too long till I am joining you with the way things are here, I heard things arnt great with the rest of the boys either so time to get the old gang back together and go and clean up contracting!

fast bloke 04 October 2002 01:09 PM

got the 'IT boot' in July - now almost completely retrained as a financial advisor - much much much more enjoyable job, more money, less stress.

The DSS get really miffed when I park the 5 series on the pavement outside and complain that 54 quid a week just about gets a tank of petrol for it :D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 04 October 2002 04:28 PM

The "One" agency near me are all really really nice people but I have to agree that £54 per week is naff all. They had a laugh when I told them my salary needs ;) You can get 20p per mile for interviews - there & back, which just covers the petrol costs of PTMW! for the journey :D (Much better to turn up in the scooob than the vectra IMHO)

Dream Weaver 04 October 2002 04:30 PM

Little acorns and all that - been there mate (just search on here back to about May 2001) so know how you feel.

Things always turn out well though :)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 04 October 2002 04:33 PM

That reminded me that I have an interview on Tuesday morning in London, so I rang the One place & its actually 25p per mile :D Arrange before interview not after though...