ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   IMPORTANT!! Does anyone have a Telematix E-Guard Tracker system?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/13732-important-does-anyone-have-a-telematix-e-guard-tracker-system.html)

Ian Sutton 24 August 2001 04:04 PM

Anyone got one on there car like me please!

...IS

TelBoy 24 August 2001 04:12 PM

Yes. I posted a thread the other day complaining that the phones weren't being answered, but i didn't get any replies.

The story is that they've gone into receivership. Privilege assuse me i am still fully covered, which is something, but i'd still like to know where my £15 a month is now going.

Apparently, a new company is taking over, and everyone who's got one will be contacted "shortly" to tell them what the new arrangements are. Hmm. We'll see i guess.

Terry

Ian Sutton 24 August 2001 04:17 PM

So who the foock is going to contact us if the cars go walkies then?

I have rung on the Theft Hot line and there is still no answer!!

Its a total disgrace!!

...IS

Ian Sutton 24 August 2001 04:47 PM

I could kill some one !!!

I am as from this very minute not insured for Theft on the back of the uninformed demise of Telematix E-Guard tracker!!!

AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Shaggy Dog 24 August 2001 04:53 PM

Can you set the device off somehow? If so do that & see if someone phones you. It may be that they have a 3rd party company that is doing the monitoring.

Shaggy Dog 24 August 2001 04:57 PM

Ian

As at this minute, you have <B>not</B> been officially informed that this is the case by the receivers. As far as you are aware, until officially told otherwise, you will be covered.

Saying that, it might be an idea to talk to your insurance company and make sure they cover you. The device still works after all.

Ian Sutton 24 August 2001 05:03 PM

I made the stupid decision to ring Green light who got hold of the company that then gave me the no Theft cover news!!

Blow Dog 24 August 2001 05:04 PM

I can't believe you guys went public with this!

Ian Sutton 24 August 2001 05:06 PM

What and get it nicked and get no money back?

Jerome 24 August 2001 05:09 PM

Blow Dog,

Having been on the receiving end of an insurance company that refused to pay out because of something I didn't know about, I for one am paranoid about having a prang/theft and not getting a payout from the insurance company. These people would stitch up their own mother to avoid paying out a penny. I don't blame the guys above for checking if they are insured at all.

Blow Dog 25 August 2001 01:49 AM

I am not having a go at anyone for checking it out, you would be stupid not to, but don't go public for gods sake.

TelBoy 25 August 2001 10:00 PM

Cem,

Why wouldn't we go public with it? What advantage is there, and to whom, in not mentioning it?

Terry

Mike Owen 25 August 2001 10:28 PM

I believe the appropriate word here is "bugger".

I did a fair bit of research before desiding on EGUARD. They appeared to offer the best package of coverage, waranty, full monitoring and price. Always amazes me when someone with a half decent product goes down the toilet. Lets hope someone picks up the pieces. Dont fancy having to fork out for another device to be fitted.

O'hum....