ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   Help needed to track down an Alpine accessory (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/136636-help-needed-to-track-down-an-alpine-accessory.html)

ozzy 10 January 2002 12:27 PM

Looks like Richard (aka Globbits) is coming to the rescue :)

I e-mailed Alpine UK yesterday to find out why it's been so hard getting this unit. Here's their reply:-

ALPINE Electronics United Kingdom

Request No.: *******

Dear Mr. Ostadal,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The NVE-K200 is, and has always been in stock, and has never been on back order. Supply for demand has always been met with this unit. I do not know who has given you this information but I suggest that you go along to your local Halfords, as we can always get the unit out to them the next day.

We hope that answeres your questions.

Should you require any additional information or have any further questions about our products, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Alpine Support

Mail: support@alpine.electronics.co.uk
WEB: www.alpine-europe.com
So, God only knows why MCS are having such a hard time getting the unit. They did say they had it on back order with 3 seperate distributors.

At least it's good to know that Halfords (although more expensive) deal direct with Alpine.

Stefan

[Edited by ozzy - 10/1/2002 12:29:11 PM]

ozzy 10 January 2002 04:10 PM

Thanks m8, that's handy to know.

Richard's came through big time; thanks again Richard :D

Should have my MP3 install finished shortly :)

Stefan

Edited coz I can't splel ;)

[Edited by ozzy - 10/1/2002 6:47:41 PM]

ozzy 30 September 2002 03:06 PM

I've been trying for 12 weeks to get hold of an Alpine NVE-K200 adapter to connect RCA inputs to my Alpine headunit. It's been on back order with MCS, but I'm running out of patience.

Does anyone know of where I can get one of these?? or a contact for an Alpine distributor (not a reseller)?

Are Alpine based in the UK somewhere?

Stefan

Daz WRX 30 September 2002 03:18 PM

Bass junkies have got em £40 if that helps.
http://www.bass-junkies.com/prodlist.asp?department=MULTIMEDIA

Cheers
Daz.

ozzy 30 September 2002 03:25 PM

Thanks, but I tried them before.

There are a few online ICE suppliers listing it, but all of them only order it on request. Thats the prob, no-one seems to carry any stock and it's proving a nightmare getting it from Alpine :(

Stefan

globbits 30 September 2002 03:27 PM

I've got one going spare, if you want it.....? Used it for about 3 weeks for my MStation and then upgraded to an in-car DVD with mp3 playback. So, it's sat around gathering dust at the moment.

Mail me if you're interested

[Edited by globbits - 9/30/2002 3:29:05 PM]

ozzy 30 September 2002 03:36 PM

YGM

TBMeech 01 October 2002 03:46 PM

Ozzy,

If you have no luck with Globbits, then I suggest you ring the Alpine parts department in MK - 0870 3333408 have ordered bits and they usually come next day, they accept all payment methods, most helpful :)

globbits 01 October 2002 05:38 PM

Not a problem matey - glad to help.
After all, I went that way with mp3, until my in-car DVD player, with mp3 playback arrived :D
(Just discovered today I can play mp3-DVD's! Result - that way I can stick all 400 of my albums onto about 8DVD's and I'm away :))

chiark 01 October 2002 05:46 PM

Go on, I'll bite - what in-car DVD's this? :D

globbits 01 October 2002 07:34 PM

Well bitten, Chiark :)

Bought a SoundStorm DVD-player from some guy in Wales, on EBay (he's got loads of 'em - think he's still selling them) for £220. Plays DVDs, VCDs, CDs, mp3-CDs and (I found out today) mp3-DVDs!!!

It's slightly narrower than DIN-size (about 1/2" thinner) but I've fitted it below the Alpine TV head unit I've got and wired it in. Result - no need for an MStation any more!!!! Bonus :D

I was looking at the Alpine mp3-CD changer, but not going to bother now. Saving up for the PRA-H700 time-alignment processor now instead! Trouble is, that's ANOTHER DIN unit!!

Ho hum, at least I'll have DVD's with Pro-Logic sound and all my speakers separately aligned :)

audio g man 02 October 2002 10:08 AM

Nice to see someone putting in a Good word about Halfords for a change

ozzy 02 October 2002 10:36 AM

I was paid to say that ;):)

chiark 02 October 2002 11:05 AM

I can see the gift voucher being in the post now ;)