ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   'Its not a family car' says the wife! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/135591-its-not-a-family-car-says-the-wife.html)

brooks 26 September 2002 05:24 PM

MY00 UK turbo - 4 door.
Her latest attack on my lovely machine is that 'its not a family car'. I not quite sure what logic she has based this statement upon but it is beginning to annoy me. Granted it does drink petrol quickly and the boot is not very big. But we have a roof box the size of Noahs ark on the bldy thing when needed. I am not quite sure how I should respond. I don't want to tear back into her as she has a terrible temper. Something water tight and maybe funny would be good - any ideas?

BTW we dont have 10 children - just one 4 year old!

[Edited by brooks - 9/26/2002 5:25:46 PM]

LG John 26 September 2002 05:31 PM

Perfectly practical car, just make sure you drive it smooth when she is in it :D

NotoriousREV 26 September 2002 05:32 PM

Using my crystal balls I foresee a Vauxhall Zafira Turbo in your future, kill yourself now!

alcazar 26 September 2002 05:32 PM

Try this: I went on holiday to France in my '98 turbo saloon, towing a 15 foot caravan, with 4 mountain bikes on top, and with wife in front and 3 teenagers in the back. A bit cramped, but when we got there the fun factor was pretty high.

jonny gav 26 September 2002 05:33 PM

IF SHE DOESN,T LIKE IT TELL HER TO BUY HER OWN!!!

allzo 26 September 2002 05:37 PM

Change the wife?? :)

brooks 26 September 2002 05:38 PM

Gav - not a good move - the car is registered in her name! My car officially is Fiesta 1.0 L

gadget kev 26 September 2002 05:49 PM

tell her to go b0110ck5.

thats what i have to do to my misses.

saying that, in the end i bought her her own car to shut her up moaning.

DavidRB 26 September 2002 06:01 PM

Remember, men and women speak different languages. "It's not a family car" probably translates roughly to "you still haven't redecorated the bedroom", "you still haven't cleaned out the loft" or "you still haven't mowed the lawn and tidied the garden". ;)

MooseRacer 26 September 2002 06:04 PM

DavidRB :D :D :D Oh how true that is!!!

shunty 26 September 2002 06:08 PM

ditto moonracer....davidrb, your definetly not a paper MCSE, youv'e got experience:D

shunty

T5NYW 26 September 2002 06:08 PM

Buy a old STi7 while there on 0% interest much more a Family shopping car :D:D and feels much smoother :D

Tony

Ps if see then complains buy PPP out her house keeping and tell her to pack :D:D LOL

Fuzz 26 September 2002 06:14 PM

and the boot is not very big.
you feckin what !!!!
it's got one of the biggest boots I've seen...
for a saloon that is, of course.

Andy

mutant_matt 26 September 2002 07:16 PM

Fuzz,

Beat me to it - how big does the boot need to be :eek::eek::eek:

Matt :)

snowy95wrx 26 September 2002 07:31 PM

what these things have a boot

Chu 26 September 2002 07:40 PM

tell her its the scooby or you will get some thing so pig ugle even she wont want to be seen dead in it!!

Moles Dad 26 September 2002 07:54 PM

brooks, borrow my car for a week...your wife will defo WANT to return to your 'family car' after that :D

UK99, full de-cat, induction kit, HKS atmos dv, no rear seats, roll-cage, and Prodrive lowered suspension ;)

Best o' luck :)

Regacy 26 September 2002 08:09 PM

A couple of weeks in a caterham in Feb should do the trick.

mutant_matt 26 September 2002 08:11 PM

...or on a push bike....;);)

Esoteric Beast 26 September 2002 08:16 PM

EASY ANSWER................

Get her a Toy Boy.. she will then spend more time with him, get him to cart her around,he can take her shopping etc etc etc

Leaving you alone with your Car to have LOADS OF FUN :):)

SIMPLE........:)

Miniman 26 September 2002 08:51 PM

I managed to persuade the wifey (and one year old son - he likes blue so was easily persuaded) that an '02 WRX Sports Wagon was just what we need this June.

In fact it is a family car if you ask me, albeit with handling and performance to scare off most of the run of the mill family cars you see about.

323roy 26 September 2002 09:05 PM

hi brooks
good call that 1 fully understand the sit o
my girlfriend and i went out to bedford and stayed at a couples house for the old barbe about 8 months ago, anyway on the journey back in the morning <after sh1t loads of wine >she was sick...<forced to pull up in layby> but apperently it was nothing to do with the wine or driving it was the cars fault for gerking to much !!

stevebt 26 September 2002 09:16 PM

of course its a 4 door family car thats what i told my wife and it is. the boot is quite large compared to my last car which was a cav turbo the boot is small on that baby. just drive the car nice when the wifes in and how can she complain, its better than buying a cmon as feck VTR which has no space what so ever but would keep the women happy because there not too fast, buy her a bus pass LOL

Jolly Green Monster 26 September 2002 11:09 PM

Buy a wagon!!

JGM :)

Still somehow holding onto a bike and a Scooby despite the objections...

KenG 26 September 2002 11:27 PM

My wife just loves the UK STI. She claims it is as practical as any shopping-trolley family saloon. The main problem is she keeps egging me on to drive faster and throw it hard round corners (the STI that is). I'm worried she may be looking for a co-driver's job. :D

Ken