ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   waving (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/135335-waving.html)

Mark_TM 25 September 2002 11:41 PM

Do you guys wave at other scoobys?

I guess its a good idea but I would probably feel like a numpty if the other driver didn't wave back.

I am tired I think its time for bed.

bug-eyed wonder 26 September 2002 12:06 AM

Keep it a secret but I think it's SAD! ;)
Why wave at a stranger? Would you go up to someone in Tescos and say hello just cos they were buying the same brand washing powder as you? :D
Let the crazy English have their silly habits but I'll wave if I know you!

Hong Kong Phooey 26 September 2002 09:10 AM

Nah. Scooby drivers don't wave here.
MG Midget drivers wave though. It used to bug the s*#t out of me - so I flicked the bird @ a few. That sorted that.

Mark_TM 26 September 2002 10:42 AM

Thats what I though, it would feel weird waving at a complete stranger.

Mac's Power 26 September 2002 02:27 PM

I always wave and flash the lights at other owners. Might be sad but they nearly always wave back.

mad555 26 September 2002 05:48 PM

Yes but what are they waving back at you????.If some dick came towards me flashing lights and waving I know what I'd be waving back!!

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 26 September 2002 05:57 PM

Some dicks came the other way towards me today, in a black VR4 with blue lights flashing, half in my lane... They didnt wave, but I certainly gave them a wave, using only one finger of course.

BTW, has anyone heard a rumour that they are offering to race people on Sunday at/after the show on the road towards harland and wolfe beside the odyssey, in the VR4 ???

Time to smoke some bacon I think....

bug-eyed wonder 26 September 2002 06:16 PM

That black VR4 is feckin sneaky! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
I'm glad I saw it when in my van otherwise I'd have been tempted to have a little play and then the blue lights would have come as a shock. :eek:

Andy W 26 September 2002 09:50 PM

There is at least 2 possibly three of the Galants and an st200 Mundaneo

mad555 26 September 2002 10:25 PM

Theres supposed to be 3 black,1 dark silver VR4 Estates,all with the blacked out windows(camera cars).Very impressive up the M2!!,the ST200 Mondeo lurks around Ballymena(nice dark blue).Has anyone come across the camera vans yet?theres a blue transit sits on the fly overs above the motorway stretch in Ballymena,nice beat up bit of kit too.

Andy W 26 September 2002 10:35 PM

I have seen white and red camera vans, in portadown and dungiven

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 26 September 2002 11:35 PM

There are a few Galants, in various colours, although not all are VR-4's, some are non-turbo models. The f**kers are driving everything these days.

Mark_TM 07 October 2002 11:48 PM

I see there is now a permanent speed camera on the dual carriageway at Banbridge.

B@stards

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 08 October 2002 05:33 PM

I dont live near banbridge, but if one pops up near me, i dont think it will be active for too long.
Is it in a justifiable position on the road? ie dangerous?? What direction is it facing?

Mark_TM 08 October 2002 05:59 PM

Its at the bottom of a hill on the Newry bound side. It's just before what looks to be a dangerous junction. Its the first permanent speed camera I have seen.

Andy W 08 October 2002 06:03 PM

As far as I undertsand the PSNI have signed up for the system where they get to keep a portion of the proceeds from the speeding fines, part of this package is that cameras must be in accident black spots, must be painted in a highly visable colour, must be within a specific distance of the speed camera waring signs.
I do not remember the time frame for their compliance with this but it should be reasonably soon.

Andy

Andy W 08 October 2002 06:09 PM

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/cash.htm