ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   What about arranging a"BIG"Southern meet???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/133441-what-about-arranging-a-big-southern-meet.html)

Duracell 19 September 2002 11:03 PM

Don't know if anyone has ever thought of this or maybe it has been done before,but why don't we all(Cornwall/Devon/Somerset/Bristol/Dorset & anyone else) try & arrange a"Big"meet somewhere.
All we need to do is find a suitable central location to all of us to make distance travelled fair & a place/car park/area big enough to park our"Scoobs"!!!!! :D,& arrange a date,preferably before xmas!!!If a cruise/convoy was arranged also then all the better ;)!

Maybe i'm off my trolley?? but just thought it would be a great idea to all get together,& something different?
Who knows,we may start a president for the rest of the country & get ourselves featured in a ?? car mag.

"What do you all think"....Vote YES/NO :eek:

Regards all.......Duracell(Cornwall) :eek:

[Edited by Duracell - 9/19/2002 11:10:57 PM]

Big Goon 19 September 2002 11:22 PM

Yes, good idea, work out the two furthest boundaries and then meet somewhere in the middle ?

SteveB 19 September 2002 11:31 PM

Exeter/Exmouth might be about central to us all ?

Anyone know where to meet in this area ? Services M5 ??

Great idea, I think we could go for this.

Steve.

Duracell 20 September 2002 12:18 AM

Two positive replies already,Cheers Big Goon & Steve B.
I think we should go for this too,after all,we all"love"our"cars & what could be better than a"Big gathering"of a load of"Scoobs" & meeting new friends !!
After all i don't see why we always need an event like Donny or Trax,as good as they maybe,just to meet up with one another & admire each other's motors.

+ if its a success,then maybe we could go for a"National"meet somewhere in the middle & attract"Scoobs"from other regions of the country!!!!

:D:D

[Edited by Duracell - 9/20/2002 12:19:27 AM]

jonno 20 September 2002 12:47 AM

Excellent idea! :)

Jonno

bob 20 September 2002 02:12 AM

Sounds good, my problem is I don't have a Scoob anymore but I go to all the meets.

Chu 20 September 2002 02:13 AM

that sounds good!!:D

Sue Sidal 20 September 2002 07:01 AM

Put me down for it.

wilf 20 September 2002 08:09 AM

Me n missus too

Anyone able to pick a venue and date early so we can get the event rolling.

[Edited by wilf - 9/20/2002 8:11:00 AM]

ScoobyK 20 September 2002 08:12 AM

Duracell, if you want a true massive southern meet, you'd need to hold much further along the line of the M4, and then the Kent, Sussex, and Surrey scoobs would join you ???

Scott.T 20 September 2002 08:13 AM

What about Kent, E.Sussex, W.Sussex, Hampshire, Surrey

Duracell 20 September 2002 08:47 AM

Great!!!:D
More interested !!

East/West Sussex,Hampshire,Surrey,Kent,.......the more the better,hope you lot didn't think i was leaving you out :),like i say as long as we try to find a venue as central for all,otherwise someone is bound to moan & we dont want to spoil what could be a"Great meet":D
Having done some more thinkin,if we have a co-ordinator from each area to rally the"troops",then that person can arrange each run/convoy,time,place to meet,then on to wherever our"venue"is,thus making it more fun on the way,joining up with more"Scoobs"as you go along.
So if any volunteers let me know & i'll co-ordinate with you.

Well then,All we need is a"Venue" & a possible date!!!!! aaahhhh!!the latter may prove to be slightly difficult,tryin to please everyone,but then like all things,we can't please all.

Remember it is us the"owners"that can make it work,no one else ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Regards all...Duracell

[Edited by Duracell - 9/20/2002 8:49:54 AM]

[Edited by Duracell - 9/20/2002 8:52:28 AM]

Jen. 20 September 2002 08:53 AM

Yep! :D I'll come :)

Good idea about organisers to get down there, could be done along the lines of Gridlock Mikey's "Big One!" where we all convoyed up from different areas with pace notes (yes, I mean pace notes - there was even a yump in there somewhere!:D) and met in a large pub (well, acutally, it was two... :)) to chat/look at cars/have lunch...

He might have some useful hints about who he had to tell etc. I beleive the police were informed (but then that was 250+ cars... :eek:) Sure he'll happily give advice out :) Might also be worth posting on the Lancer boards as the Evo lads are usually interested in joining in?

Jen

Jen. 20 September 2002 08:54 AM

Oh - and if you need any help, give me a shout :D

Jen

Sideways 20 September 2002 09:03 AM

I'm up for that aswell. Don't care where we meet. :)

Duracell 20 September 2002 10:40 AM

Jen,
Thanks for your comments,can you put me in touch with"Gridlock Mike"??or mention about this idea to him?
Good comment regards Police,was wondering if they'll need to know:(???!!

All put your thinkin caps on & come up with a"venue",then we can set the date :)
Off to work soon,so back on 'ere later,
KEEP POSTIN'+ THINKIN'(keep this Thread near the"Top")

:D

SHAGGYDOG 20 September 2002 11:09 AM

cool idea! I'm up for it ....

springbok 20 September 2002 11:27 AM

Well you know the Devon / Cornwall guys will be up for it, that's if we can find our way out of Sainsbury's car park.
I guess we will discuss on Wednesday, Cheers, Grahame.

ScoobyK 20 September 2002 01:48 PM

Most important thing is to find a suitable venue...I'd suggest one of the Reading group could come up with something ??? Once that's agreed, we just need a date - would suggest a Saturday pm is best.

I'm happy to co-ordinate the East Sussex Scoobs although we don't need much organising. ;)

Mark E 20 September 2002 02:16 PM

I'll be there :) as long as i don't have to work on the day :(

DreXeL 20 September 2002 02:26 PM

I'm definately up for this.

[Edited by DreXeL - 9/21/2002 7:24:20 AM]

jasonwrxowner 20 September 2002 02:49 PM

Make it a weekend and I'll be there.

HKSubaru 20 September 2002 02:50 PM

i think the middle would be somewhere around Dorset? ;)

TAZMAN 20 September 2002 05:36 PM

I am there..just let me know when and where....exmouth would be a good location...make a great picure all the scoobs lined up on the sea front!!

just a thought!

PSI3 20 September 2002 06:43 PM

I'm definately in for this, depending on the date Longleat (near Warminster) could be an option, after the holiday season they don't charge for entry on Sundays, nice big car parks and nice surroundings, no pub but i think the cafe is open.

simon

SteveB 20 September 2002 06:47 PM

Decisions, decisions !!

I'll organise the Bristol crowd.

Steve.

Big Goon 20 September 2002 07:00 PM

Hmm, cos of the driving, beers out of the question, so somewhere where I can eat instead would be good :D

KFC drive-thru anyone ? ;)

andy steer 20 September 2002 07:54 PM

Hi Duracell,brilliant idea, be nice to get a Castle Combe amount of Scoobies together again.Did you get my email?
Andy,Scoobynut.:D:D:D

GUNNER 20 September 2002 09:27 PM

Yeah,me me me

Great idea.

Duracell 21 September 2002 12:33 AM

Hello Everyone!!!!
Just home from work!!! +"Great to see so many of you up for this meet".
Well from reading all your views & comments it appears that(+ i think this also),that somewhere around"Salisbury plain"area(Longleat is one suggestion),or maybe towards Thruxton race track,as this i would hope would be fairly central to us all,(Devon,Somerset,Wiltshire,Hampshire,Berkshire, Dorset,Sussex,Kent),oh..+ Cornwall !!
If you look on a map,i think & hope you'll agree???
As has also been pointed out,holiday season now over so shouldn't be too much of a problem,getting somewhere,like say Longleat to accommodate us.
I think a Saturday will be the best day for most,so how about 1st/2nd Sat.Oct(5th or 12th),that gives us a couple of weeks to arrange & give everyone plenty of notice.

Keep your ideas coming in over the weekend then i can post the"venue + date"

Thanks to you all so far....Duracell :)

[Edited by Duracell - 9/21/2002 12:36:23 AM]