ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Nectar - Spend £4,000 to get 2 cinema tickets! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/132054-nectar-spend-4-000-to-get-2-cinema-tickets.html)

Alan 16 September 2002 11:59 AM

Just been told by Barclaycard that it is time to transfer my Rewards points to Nectar.

What great offers:

Spend £4,000 on your barclaycard and you get two free tickets to the cinema.

Spend a grand and you get a free rental from Blockbuster.

Looks like I won't be doing either....

The Zohan 16 September 2002 12:12 PM

Barclaycard have always had a problem with their rewards schemes you need to spend around 1Million to get a free zippo. Like most of these reward schemes they are set up to make you spend loadsa money with the company and get little in return but make you feel you are. I think people are cottoning onto this particular con and now realise if they shop around they can get better deals without a insult of a 'reward' for your loyalty.

The Crushinator 16 September 2002 12:15 PM

Some Incentive Eh?:rolleyes: That kind of thing annoys me!

MarkO 16 September 2002 12:21 PM

It's only worth doing for the Sainsburys reward points. We've been doing this for years, and have had our entire Christmas food shop for free for the last 3 years. :D

Phil 16 September 2002 12:31 PM

I use my Barclaycard for Business

I managed to get 2 flights for New York but I did have to spend £240,000 pound and I still needed to pay £30 each for airport taxes

Phil

ProperCharlie 16 September 2002 01:19 PM

I have had a barclaycard for years and have never once bothered to claim any of my points or whatever they are called. usually throw the catalogue straight in the bin. The sainsbury's thing annoys me but i end up doing it anyway as i can't really justify not bothering for the sake of carrying around 1 extra card. I would still much prefer it if they just reduced all their prices by 1%, or gave me a free can of beer every now and again, or something like that. I stick with Barclaycard because their customer service is better than the 'cheap' credit cards.

Charlie.

PS - The feckin Tescos thing is the worst. that's strictly for coffin dodgers.

super_si 16 September 2002 02:16 PM

load of ****e, i work for sainsburys , i dont think there no point

Reffro 16 September 2002 05:51 PM

There is a point, everytime you get points with any loyalty card they will log the transaction and start to build profiles with that information, which they then sell on to other companies, or pass to associate companies to bombard you with junk mail.........

shunty 16 September 2002 06:10 PM

Alan - I have over 9000 points on my A/E card...nouse unless I want 50 suitcases from argos:D:D

shunty

what would scooby do 16 September 2002 11:12 PM

Reffro is 100% correct - by profiling your purchasing habits they can also send you "special offers" - those fools with Tesco's club cards - have you noticed that 99% of the money off vouchers you get with yer normal "misers discount vouchers" is for stuff you don't normally buy..

Only thing I collect is BA miles - stoopid not to as seen as I get 2 or 3 free flights every year..

MattN 16 September 2002 11:31 PM

I'll have the cinema tickets if you don't want them!

I've got 97,000 nectar points - use your card more.

I tend to use MSDW or Egg these days as you get cashback - much more useful:):):)

Phil 17 September 2002 12:11 AM

Just worked this out

Currents Rewards

Visa 23093
Mastercard 1004

=24097

Converting to Nectar
5 Nectar for 1 Reward = 120485

Argos £2.50 Voucher
@500 Nectar Points 241 Vouchers = £602

Now where is my Argos Book

Same Principle for Sainsbury's

Phil

[Edited by phil_stephens - 9/17/2002 12:14:40 AM]

Alan 17 September 2002 08:27 AM

True, I have got a few points, enough for a couple of hundred quid at argos, but that's taken 12 years and over 50k spending!

So can I use my credit card to pay my mortgage? Get a few hundred points in a shot.

super_si 17 September 2002 08:30 AM

They keeps tags and what u spend,

Did and assignment on this

Si