ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Driving Gloves in a Scoob?!?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/131983-driving-gloves-in-a-scoob.html)

MarkO 16 September 2002 08:35 AM

Anyone here want to admit to being the driver of the blue new-shape WRX on the M25/A3 junction at 13:30 yesterday afternoon? If so why the hell were you wearing driving gloves, you sad muppet?!?!

;) :D

super_si 16 September 2002 08:37 AM

lol

might have being nicking it!

jasey 16 September 2002 09:10 AM

What are driving gloves - isn't that something used in Golf :confused:

MarkO 16 September 2002 09:12 AM

isn't that something used in Golf
No, it definitely wasn't a Volkswagen - it was a blue Subaru WRX. ;) :D

jasey 16 September 2002 09:28 AM

One of us needs our coat - and it aint me ;)

Dracoro 16 September 2002 10:11 AM

There's a taxi each for both of you outside :p :D:D

The Crushinator 16 September 2002 10:16 AM

Wrong Forum too :p ;)

RaZe-=Buzz=- 16 September 2002 10:41 AM

And what sort of GIT drives in a massive thick coat and hat, with all the windows misted up ????

THATS WHAT THE AIR BLOWERS / HEATER ARE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dracoro 16 September 2002 11:03 AM

The ones that have broken heater systems? :p :D

yoza 16 September 2002 11:56 AM

You should always wear driving gloves when drivin someone elses car!

Rule number 34,page 16,paragraph 2..........

:)

Jodster 16 September 2002 01:01 PM

Driving gloves? What tan leathered ones usually found in Mercedes or Momo suede race gloves?

ADP 16 September 2002 01:42 PM

I always drive in gloves.........fireproof sparcos that is when Im on track ;)

MarkO 16 September 2002 02:06 PM

tan leathered ones usually found in Mercedes or Momo suede race gloves?
The guy in question was wearing black gloves, and they looked like they were leather.

However, even if they were Momo racing gloves, there's still no excuse for wearing 'em on the M25. ;)

AndiThompson 16 September 2002 02:28 PM

Doesnt Dave T-S wear driving gloves...

Richard Askew 16 September 2002 02:44 PM

I wear Sparco Triple Layer Nomex gloves... cos I dont like the feel of leather steering wheels.. :D

MarkO 16 September 2002 02:47 PM

So get a steering wheel which isn't leather. Wearing driving gloves on the road is just plain pretentious.

Jodster 16 September 2002 03:17 PM

Can some one send me the "Impreza driving uniform guidelines" as my dealer forgot to advise me. Next you'll be telling me I shouldn't be wearing a crash helmet.

A friend who works for one of the touring cars teams gave me a set of Ex-Anthony Reid Sparco gloves that live in the glove box (funny that) but have only been worn once when I went go-karting.

MarkO 16 September 2002 03:35 PM

I'm talking about on the road here - in particular on the motorway. For track use, gloves/helmet/etc are obviously important.

But are you seriously telling me that when driving on the M25 or the A3, driving gloves are necessary?

STi wanna Subaru 16 September 2002 03:36 PM

I hate to say it but i agree with MarkO on this one.........If I was to wear driving gloves my mates would be taking the pis5 for years to come!

RaZe-=Buzz=- 16 September 2002 03:38 PM

if its cold I wear mittens..the string can get caught in the handbrake if Im not careful though.

:D

DISCLAIMER - I dont really, Im lying.

Jodster 16 September 2002 03:40 PM

Maybe he finds his car so exciting his palms sweat and he loses grip?

I'd like to point out this was not me wearing the driving gloves, I'm just trying to understand why someone would wear them.

nigel rsx 16 September 2002 04:23 PM

I wear Sparco Nomex driving gloves every time I go out in my EVO VI.

This has nothing to do with being pretentious. I find it helps me keep a grip on the steering wheel when I'm attempting to hang the tail out on roundabouts (I believe there are roundabouts at most junctions of the M25).

In fact, it has transformed my enjoyment of the car as I can grip the steering wheel lightly (as Don Palmer instructs on his driving development course) while still maintaining a proper grip.

I think the chap in the WRX was probably out enjoying himself, while the real muppet thought it was worth starting a thread slagging off his choice of attire.

Nigel (former Scooby owner)

MarkO 16 September 2002 04:28 PM

I think the chap in the WRX was probably out enjoying himself, while the real muppet thought it was worth starting a thread slagging off his choice of attire.
Whatever. Frankly, if you're driving your car so hard on the road you can't keep hold of the steering wheel without gloves, I suggest you ought to calm down a little and try the odd track day or two. :D

The guy I saw wasn't exactly hooning it - we'd just come off the M25 in heavy traffic, and he was sitting stationary at the lights before heading up the A3 London-bound. But as I say, whatever. I'm sure his wife thought the gloves were very necessary, anyway. :D

barge 16 September 2002 04:47 PM

sounds like someone suffering from wankeritus if you ask me

jasey 16 September 2002 04:53 PM

If I were a betting man I'd be betting with Barge on this one :p

[Edited by jasey - 9/16/2002 4:54:31 PM]

nigel rsx 16 September 2002 05:16 PM

Thanks for your advice Kermit but I think I can decide for myself how fast I can safely drive on the road.

Nigel

MarkO 16 September 2002 05:22 PM

You're a bit mouthy for somebody who's only just joined the board, aren't you? And the name's Mark, not Kermit.

jonny gav 16 September 2002 05:32 PM

if you have a mans grip you don't need gloves, the only reason racing drivers wear them is cos they are fire proof!

Only the limp wrist brigade need gloves for the road

Richard Askew 16 September 2002 06:02 PM

Anyone that wants to call me limp wristed can do so to my face at the next SIDC trackday ;) :D

jonny gav 16 September 2002 06:05 PM

fancy yourself as a bit of a hard man eh,i bet you look rock in them gloves :D :D :D