ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Album search - please help!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/131094-album-search-please-help.html)

STI SPUD 12 September 2002 04:29 PM

I have been searching for this album for years. It is called Masters Of Metal and some of the tracks on it are:
The Trooper - Iron Maiden
Ace of Spades - Motorhead
Spirit of the Radio - Rush
Fast as a shark - ?
Tragedy - ?
I only have a very dodgy taped copy and would give good money for an original copy....anybody help? I've tried some of the usual websites without much success. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Rachel

RESSE 12 September 2002 04:31 PM

Have a word with the HMV store at The Merry Hill Shopping Centre - 01384 78990 (West Midlands).

They have just found a very elusive album for me, and they could have not been more helpful :D

Richard

STI SPUD 12 September 2002 04:56 PM

DJ,

Defo a commercial compilation and I am sure I remember it as Masters of Metal although I suppose I could have that wrong,but it was certainly something like that. I think it would date back to the early to mid eighties.....jesus that seems like an age ago.

I am very grateful for your help though. I have just remembered that Fast as a shark was by Accept and another track on there was called War Machines....Oh and Breaking the Law by Judas Priest.

Cheers

Rachel

MattW 12 September 2002 04:58 PM

found it here

No track listing though. You'll have to check the cd numbers.

DJ Dunk 12 September 2002 05:22 PM

Theres a few albums called Masters Of Metal, none seem to match though . . .

STI SPUD 12 September 2002 05:59 PM

Cheers for all your help, I think I'm just gonna have to put up with the tape I've got and keep trawling the 2nd hand record shops.
Its an ex that I copied the tape from so I know he has an original but I don't think hubby will be too pleased if I looked him up just for a 'poxy metal crap album'(his words). Ahh well......

Cheers again guys,

Rachel

MattW 12 September 2002 06:50 PM

You could always post up the songs and get people to send you copies.
I can do The Trooper.

Hanslow 12 September 2002 09:24 PM

Wow I had that album on tape :)

Best track was Man O'War's Metal Daze :D That song was well cool :)

STI SPUD 13 September 2002 05:14 PM

Hanslow,

That IS the album - thank god someone else remembered it I was doubting my own sanity. I do have a copy of it but its not a great one and I would dearly love to get my mitts on an original tape. If you email me your address I'll record the copy I've got and bung it in the post to you. Oh and your'e spot on with Metal Daze!!:D You forget just how good the tracks on this compilation are!!!!

Cheers

Rachel

Esoteric Beast 13 September 2002 06:12 PM

Rachel if you can write down the tracks we can find and download them for you...
......Nice people to do business with :):):):);)

Do you remember Saxon...747 (strangers in the night) Superb Track

STI SPUD 13 September 2002 06:35 PM

Cheers Beastie,

I'll have to sit down and try to remember titles and bands. Oh god thats not as easy as it sounds!!

Yes, I do remember that Saxon track - excellent !!!:D

Talking about some of this stuff brings back some memories don't it? Motorhead in Southampton, Iron Maiden @ Donnington, Jethro Tull in Portsmouth, Basingstoke....I could go on!!! Oh yes - music played on real instruments live.... and very loud !!!:):)

Rachel

Esoteric Beast 13 September 2002 06:40 PM

Sure does..........Beast still likes it LOUD :):):)

Hanslow 13 September 2002 10:09 PM

Rachel, YHM :D:cool::D

STI SPUD 14 September 2002 10:11 AM

Hanslow,

Cheers for the link to Steamhead, I've emailed him to check track listing a price so fingers crossed!!:)
It is an LP and I don't have a record player but at the moment thats a small detail (need a new system anyway!!):D

Is all goes to plan I'll have to get my Bro to copy it to disc.

Thanks again.

Rachel

Esoteric Beast 14 September 2002 02:20 PM

Rachel......Dont forget copies for the rest of us too :):):)

STI SPUD 14 September 2002 02:27 PM

No problem... email your address to me and as soon as I've got it sorted, a copy will be in the post.:D:D

Rachel

Hanslow 19 September 2002 06:07 PM

Rachel, you are a gem :D

Had a quick listen to some of the tracks on the tape and it is sooooo cool to listen to this again :) You will indeed have to bung me a CD version if you get the LP :)

For your track listing (full list for those that want to know about duff metal :D)

1. The Trooper - Iron Maiden
2. No One Like You - Scorpions
3. Back on the Streets - Gary Moore
4. Metal Daze - Manowar
5. Deceiver - Judas Priest
6. Fool for your Lovin' - Whitesnake
7. Stand up and Shout - Dio
8. Rockin Again - Saxon (just going with you on that one!)
9. In and out of Love - Bon Jovi (apparantly :o:D)
10. Ace of Spades - Motorhead
11. Fast as a Shark - Accept
12. Tragedy - ? (ain't got this far yet)
13. War Pigs - Black Sabbath
14. Spirit of the Radio - Rush

What a top album ;)

[Edited by Hanslow - 9/19/2002 6:22:59 PM]

carl 19 September 2002 08:09 PM

War Pigs - Black Sabbath
"Underneath the bodies burning. As the war machine keeps turning" :cool:

STI SPUD 19 September 2002 08:22 PM

Steve,
Cheers for the email - It IS a good album you are soooo right !!:D

Thanks for filling in the gaps, as soon as I read them I started to remember - always the way - can't believe that I didn't recall the Scorpions and Black Sabbath !! Still, really need to find out who sang Tragedy as it is one of my favorites. Someone must know....? And no, it is not Abba or Steps OK !!:)

Enjoy :)

Rachel

[Edited by STI SPUD - 9/19/2002 8:24:40 PM]

STI SPUD 19 September 2002 09:51 PM

Found it - Tragedy was by Hanoi Rocks !!! My life is complete......and just to make my day even sweeter the album is on its way from Germany!!Hoorahh Now all I need is a record player to play it on............:D:D:D

Hanslow 20 September 2002 09:48 AM

Nice one :D Glad you got it sorted.....

Hanoi Rocks...heard the name, never heard any of their music (apart from Tragedy obviously :)). Glad you worked it out cos I never would have!

DJ Dunk 09 December 2002 04:45 PM

Are you sure of the title "Masters of Metal" ? I've searched the online CD databases and drawn a blank with the tracks you mentioned.

Could be a non-commercial CD, such as a magazine freebie or something ? :confused:

Maybe a personal compilation ?

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 9/12/2002 4:46:02 PM]

jasonwrxowner 09 December 2002 04:52 PM

Try CD

[Edited by jasonwrxowner - 9/12/2002 4:52:34 PM]

carl 09 December 2002 08:42 PM

KaZaA and WinMX are your friends :D
"You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back."

[Edited by carl - 9/12/2002 8:44:33 PM]

Hanslow 09 December 2002 09:27 PM

If I remember rightly, Fast As A Shark was by Accept (god I'm showing my age now!). That was where my tape got chewed up so it went all smurfs :D

If you do get hold of it, can you let me know cos I would love a copy/listen to it again :D

[Edited by Hanslow - 9/12/2002 9:30:10 PM]

Hanslow 09 December 2002 09:39 PM

There's a chap selling the album (think it's vinyl, not CD) here http://www.steamhead.de/sampler.htm about half way down the page. Looks like he wants 5 Euros if I read it right. Might be able to give you the code off the sleeve though.....

[Edited by Hanslow - 9/12/2002 9:40:45 PM]