ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Pi Springs. Keep or get Eibachs when running 18's (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/130869-pi-springs-keep-or-get-eibachs-when-running-18s.html)

MAFFA 11 September 2002 10:53 PM

I've got a UK MY95 Impreza & i've just fitted 18" wheels with a 48 offset & 215/35-18 rubber. I am currently sitting on STI springs & it sits quite low without rubbing, even on hard driving (I have two subs & amps in the boot :D) & I have a set of new Pi springs sitting in my lounge needing usage. Are these going to lower the car more or will it be very similar & if so will they be stiffer to compensate? I think i'm going to possibly get the arches rolled to be sure I don't scuff the tyres but I won't need to if these springs will be okay.

I guess my question is should I fit them or sell them & get Eibachs? I know that the Eibachs are progressive & actually don't lower the car that much but not sure of the Pi ones? If they are okay then that's one less hassle to deal with.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

MAFFA

Tone Loc 12 September 2002 07:55 AM

The Pi springs will lower the car, they lower more at the front so giving the car a very nice nose down stance. The gap from the top of the tyre to the arch disappears. The springs are definately a lot firmer than UK springs, not sure about STi ones tho (especially the later version 6 springs which i think are very hard).

Tony.

Mo 12 September 2002 08:41 AM

Maffa,

do you know what STi your springs are from? Why do you want to change them?

MAFFA 12 September 2002 01:36 PM

Mo,

Don't know what STI the springs are from but I think it was a IV? Thinking about changing them as I got the Pi springs dead cheap. If I don't then I can sell them at a profit ;) Also I hear nothing but praise about the Eibachs & with the geometry done it would make a world of difference. That is unless it would make a world of difference anyway without Eibachs?

I just think that my car sits low at the back & quite high at the front due to the subs!

MAFFA

Mo 12 September 2002 03:43 PM

If they are from an STi IV then they would be rated at 196lb at the front and 174lb at the rear.

If you car is as you say sitting lower at the rear due to the subs then changing to Eibachs will not cure this, it'll do exactly the same.

The only reason I'd suggest changing to Eibachs is if you find the STi springs too harsh for the roads that you travel on.

MAFFA 12 September 2002 06:21 PM

Thanks mate guess i'll probably be flogging the Pi springs & getting some bigger brakes then ;)

Tone Loc 13 September 2002 07:49 AM

MAFFA, if you want to know how your car will look with Pi springs fitted i'll post a piccy of my car on Sunday for you (can't do it sooner unfortunately).

Tony.

MAFFA 13 September 2002 08:04 AM

Thanks mate :)

Elmer Fudpucker 15 September 2002 12:53 AM

maffa,i have eibachs on my car...done about 3k

maybe work a deal out,if you want to exchange

edited to say...removing shocks is one very unpleasant job!!

[Edited by Elmer Fudpucker - 9/15/2002 12:56:38 AM]

MAFFA 15 September 2002 09:32 AM

Removing the shocks & changing the springs is a horrible job as I did it when I changed my UK ones to STI ones :eek:

I may have sold the springs already but if not i'll come back to you.

Thanks mate

MAFFA

[Edited by MAFFA - 9/15/2002 9:33:10 AM]

Dyney 15 September 2002 02:49 PM

I did it when I changed my UK ones to STI ones
Who did it!!!!!

MAFFA 15 September 2002 11:40 PM

Alright so it took three of us :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

MAFFA 16 September 2002 01:22 PM

Elmer - Sold the springs. Sorry mate.