ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stone Chips (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/129741-stone-chips.html)

Scooby555 2 09 August 2002 08:19 PM

The road near where I work has recently been re-surfaced (Damn loose chippings) Thame in Oxon.
My bonnet is now peppered with stone chips on in particular is down to the metal :eek: MY00
I am writing to the local council for compensation i.e a respray
The reason for me doing this is that the following day a road sweeper was seen collecting up the "EXCESS" chippings that had been "DUMPED" on the road
Has anyone ever had the same thing and got anywhere with it ???

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

p.s sorry for the waffling but I am well [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by Scooby555 2 - 9/8/2002 8:20:00 PM]

Scooby555 2 08 September 2002 08:31 PM

BTTT

Scooby555 2 08 September 2002 09:22 PM

BTTT again :rolleyes:

boomer 08 September 2002 09:36 PM

While you are at it, make sure that you complain about those so-called speed humps in the centre of town [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Even the pedestrians don't know whether they are allowed to cross on 'em!

mb

HoonDevil 08 September 2002 09:41 PM

Scooby555 2 - it depends on how well signed their surface dressing was - if there were plenty of signs showing the 'car chucking chips about' symbol and a speed limit then you will struggle to claim. If not, then sic 'em! (photos of the signs or lack of signs will help you!)

Good luck...

Scooby555 2 08 September 2002 09:54 PM

Signs were there for days B4 hand but the fecking artic driver ignore them [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Scooby Wannabe 08 September 2002 11:36 PM

Best thing to do if you ever have to deal with any council , is whatever the accident , IE. damaged alloy due to uncovered stank etc. is first thing before you do anything is TAKE A PICTURE, this happend to a friend of mine (his alloy wheel actually split due to a uncovered stank), so he phoned the council up and complained , next day it was repaired , so cover you're back and take a photo, also when u phone them ask if anyone has reported the (Stank, loose chipping etc) so you can report it and catch them out,

Marc

5252 09 September 2002 02:44 AM

Buy a new bonnet. Aluminum or carbon fiber. Rock chips are a common thing here in Idaho, and the usual remedy is touch up paint applied before rust sets in. My car sat for a year and rusted almost through! so I found a hood on sale.

DaveR 09 September 2002 07:27 AM

Full sympathy for you mate - I went past a lorry on the southern M25 at the weekend which I noticed too late was spraying chips out the back (in error I hasten to add) - somehow my bonnet avoided their attention but the passenger side of my windscreen received a large crack about 15 inches long!! Can't be fixed, I'm going to need to shell out for a new one! Arse ....

navigator 09 September 2002 10:20 AM

dave r check your insurance most policies rpleace windscreens with no effect on no cliams:) may cost you £50.

STi 7 09 September 2002 11:18 AM

are you sure Yoza wasnt driving infront of you when your bonnet got peppered with them stone chippings? :D

DaveR 09 September 2002 01:57 PM

Boys, thanx for the pointer - I hadn't realised actually - I did check out my insurance and hey-presto 50 quid later they are coming around this pm to replace the windscreen.

Not bad Direct Line (for a change)