ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Showcase cinema: take Scoob or not? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/129482-showcase-cinema-take-scoob-or-not.html)

Hos 09 August 2002 07:04 PM

Don't know which you are going to but the showcase cinema in Birmingham is safe. (beside the M6)

[Edited by Hos - 9/8/2002 7:05:15 PM]

Molds 07 September 2002 05:43 PM

Off to pics later. Cant decide if I should take the Pug 1.1 or the Scoob. Really want to drive the Scoob but all those door bashers, t-leaves......

Ooooooohhhh, what to do?

caz1562 07 September 2002 06:30 PM

why own the car then ????

scooby nutter 07 September 2002 07:18 PM

had no probs going to my local cinemas in Blackpool or Preston but always parked in a well lit place as near to the doors as poss.
The worst problem is door dinging because the spaces are so close together.now i own the Evo i get my lass to drive me in her 106 1.1:)

The Crushinator 07 September 2002 07:23 PM

Park over 2 spaces, problem solved!:cool::D

P1Fanatic 08 September 2002 08:16 PM

Erm leave the Scoob at home if I were you. Check my post in General. My scoob now needs a new boot cos some scrote decided to kick the **** out of the boot - no doubt some low life who was jealous I had a nice car. Its a sh1te world we live in and it can only get worse.

Simon.

polarbearit 08 September 2002 09:47 PM

Personally I'd take the scooby, what's the point of having a nice car if you're to scared to take it to the cinema! My skyline goes everywhere and whilst I take sensible precautions (tracking device, alarm, steering lock etc) I've yet to have any problems at all, even in very dodgy parts of Bristol!

As for cinema's in Preston, the UCI car park isn't meant to be too good, my mum is paranoid about parking there and always walks :eek: ...

Mojo 09 September 2002 09:03 AM

My local Showcase cinema (Leeds) is superb and one of the places I was most comfortable about leaving my Scooby. Never had any problems there at all. Just wish all carparks were patrolled as well as there's.

Mojo

rik1471 09 September 2002 09:43 AM

you ****in gimp

snowcrash 09 September 2002 12:25 PM

polarbearit - i guess you've never parked in Bristol Showcase then :eek:

polarbearit 09 September 2002 08:11 PM

Well I've left the skyline @ showcase in bristol a couple of times lately - never had any problems...

Thinking about years back when I was a student I had a Citroen AX GT which broke down at Showcase and I left there for a couple of nights while I aquired a new battery for it! Didn't have any trouble then either...

The only places I've had problems were outside an old house in Downend when my locks got done on and car doors and boot left wide open (strangly nothing at all taken) and at St Michaels hospital when the nipper was nearly born, and the car was broken into - camera (incase nipper was born) and CD's were stolen [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

If I get scared of leaving the car places or driving places I'll sell the car!

snowcrash 09 September 2002 10:51 PM

i'm constantly paranoid in brizzol about my car, heard and know of incidents in this area, it aint good, although parking right my the front doors of showcase car park is ok, anywhere else i wouldn't go near..

Doc@IlsonIlson 09 September 2002 11:18 PM

Does anyone else have these thoughts whilst finding a parking spot???
1, Nope too close to parked cars
2, Nope too isolated and far away
3, Nope parking spaces too narrow
4, Nope under tree - sap

I`ve just come back from the hospital multi storey, and decided on option 2, out of the way but a bit isolated ideal for thieves :( twas OK though :D

snowcrash 09 September 2002 11:36 PM

all the time mate, all the time .... :rolleyes:

im considering buying a crap car just for these such occasions when you know you have to park the car in a crappy situation, i.e. supermarket car park...

Doc@IlsonIlson 10 September 2002 07:44 AM

I had a Fiesta run-a-round last year seems a good idea....till the MOT/insurance/tax is due :D