ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Caribbean in April - whats the sun like ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/128619-caribbean-in-april-whats-the-sun-like.html)

Shark 09 May 2002 10:11 PM

Dave

Thanks for your offer to help. We are going on P & O from Southampton and back to Southampton, so no flying :cool: IMHO

Thanks

David

[Edited by Shark - 9/5/2002 10:11:59 PM]

Shark 04 September 2002 10:00 PM

Anyone been? Is the weather good?

Thanks

David

ScoobyDoo555 04 September 2002 10:41 PM

Top - not too hot, and you're getting into Hurricane season yet!!!:D:D:D

I spent 6 months out in Jamaica :rolleyes:

The things we do for work eh?

:D

Dan :)

Pete Croney 05 September 2002 08:40 AM

David

I think its the best time to go. The sun is very strong and you will need a SPF between 50% and 100% higher than you would use in Europe. You do get small puffy clouds, but then you get these all year round in the Carribean.

Best thing about Feb to April is that there is always a nice breaze.

Avoid going later, friends have had two weeks of torrential rain in June.

Where are you thinking of?

Makalu 05 September 2002 09:53 AM

Ref: your question.

Round, orangey yellow and very hot to touch!

Mak.

scoob_babe 05 September 2002 09:55 AM

we went end march-beginning of April, very nice if not the odd shower at times but that's tropical climate for you. Was told that Feb-end April is best time to go.

andycrowther 05 September 2002 10:15 AM

been january, october, may, december, depends where you go....barbados in may was ace...st lucia in january wasn't brill...lots of rain cos of the rain forest.....antigua in nov was ok but 3 days of non-stop rain......april seems a good time to go...as it said earlier use HIGH factor to start with and always make sure you've got it on if it's cloudy...that's what catches most people out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete Croney 05 September 2002 11:29 AM

Agree with Andy

I have seen a family completely ruin their whole holiday because they arrived at the beach on their first day, saw that it was overcast and didn't put cream on. An hour later the sun came back out, they creamed up, but it was way to late.

They were burnt to a crisp and were blistering by mid afternoon.

Shark 05 September 2002 08:34 PM

Thanks for the input all - Mak included :p

Pete, in answer to you question, we're going on a cruise so it's Antigua, Tortola, Dominica, St Lucia and Barbados.

Got the sun cream thing sorted tho. I put factor 20 on whatever the weather is doing, just in case!

Cheers all

David

TAZMAN 05 September 2002 08:51 PM

shark,
which ship are you thinking of going on? I only ask as I spent 5 years working for various cruise companies..can steer you in the direction of some good ones..also have you booked yet...cause it can be a shed load cheaper to book the flights yourself and buy the cruise thru a US travel agent. The yanks get killer deals including at certain times 2 for 1 ...I kid ye not..mail me if you want more info.

Dave

P20SPD 05 September 2002 08:54 PM

What do they say about mad dogs and english men. We went to Barbados in early June 2 years ago, superb weather. Factor 15 1st day, factor 8 second, chip fat oil(factor 2) the rest of hols, no sun burn. G8:D

Chelsie-Bun 06 September 2002 12:27 AM

TAZMAN

whitch of the 4/5 ships working for PO would you say was the best and why?

We have been on 1 the AURORA but my boss at work says the OCEANA is the best.

shark says AURORA.

chel xxx