ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   LESS lb's for LESS £££'s (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/127824-less-lbs-for-less-s.html)

Claudius 09 April 2002 01:54 AM

sorry double post

[Edited by Claudius - 9/4/2002 1:56:33 AM]

Trouser @TSL 02 September 2002 06:07 PM

After discovering the joys of forged wheels and the amazing effect that their weight reduction brings we have been working overtime to get a similar effect for slightly less eye-watering sum ;)

The result is this little blighter :).. The Pro Race One. Now a lot of wheels sat "Racing" on them.. and they look a lot like the wheels on Racing cars.. but this little fella is the SAME wheel as used by Mr Piper in his group N BTCC Alfa!.

Theyr are heat treated cast wheels.. very strong. Nearly as strong as the forged wheels and this 17" weighs a smidge over 7KG! :eek::cool:

Available in Anthracite, White, silver, gold and proper racing matt black (same as on the Alfa) These are available NOW and are just £110 plus VAT per corner :)

http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/getpi...7548477382.jpg
http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/getpi...7548269889.jpg

Cheers

Paul
TSL

dowser 02 September 2002 06:33 PM

Hi Trouser,

Do they come in different offsets with Subaru stud pattern, and can you measure some clearances for me if I gave you dimensions? :)

And, are they suitable for track use?

I'm looking for 2 sets of an ET45 wheel capable of housing my Movit Porsche calipers.

Cheers
Richard

Vinesh 02 September 2002 06:44 PM

Does the spokes on the P1 stick out, like the above?

Trouser @TSL 03 September 2002 10:08 AM

Dowser

no worries mate.. just give us a bell. At the mo i can only get them in ET45 and theree is a stack of caliper room in there. Our 335mm 6 pots almost look lost! :).. Always best to check tho.. give us a bell and we'll measure up.

Vinesh.. the spokes protrude a little way beyond the rim to get more caliper room... being a proper race wheel they are meant for large stoppers.

Cheers lads

Paul

Subarussian 04 September 2002 12:24 AM

Hey Paul,

Are these MY wheels? What are you doing photographing them while I've been waiting for so long and can't wait to stick them on, er? ;)

Do you mean I now also need to buy 6-pots??? :D

Cheers,

Andrei

Claudius 04 September 2002 01:55 AM

Damn, they look really nice! :eek:

And the caliper clearance looks very good as well!!

Make them in 17 x 8, 5 holes, PCD 114.3, ET +38 and I buy 4, possibly 8. :)

ScoobyK 04 September 2002 08:09 AM

Paul, 18s ? if so, how much ?

G

dowser 04 September 2002 10:53 AM

Thanks Paul,

I'll measure it up this weekend and drop you an email.

Richard

P1Fanatic 05 September 2002 06:00 AM

Hmm sweet looking wheels. Any chance of posting pics of the gold colours ones as they go better with DBM :p

MATTeL 05 September 2002 11:06 AM

Right so you bring these wheels out after I buy their big brother!:rolleyes:

Thanks Paul! ;)

Are you sure about the price... it does seem relly low!:eek:

Look really nice as well.

Subarussian 06 September 2002 01:52 PM

How does 7 kg compare to other wheels? I couldn't find any weight info on the OZ site. Has anyone got the stats?

Also, what about the weight of 16" vs 17"? If you are moving from standard 16" to light weight 17" -- is there a weight reduction or not (i.e. because the wheel is bigger)?

Not that these details are going to change my decision (these wheels pictured should be proudly displayed on my car, hopefully, next week :D)... I am just curious.

DrEvil 06 September 2002 04:23 PM

I think the OZ Super Leggras (Sp!) are circa 8Kg per corner.. hope that helps.

Alex

Andy W 07 September 2002 02:52 PM

Trouser, will these go over the STI UK calipers?

Andy

Andy W 10 September 2002 05:03 PM

Trouser?????

Up_North 10 September 2002 06:35 PM

I spoke to TSL yesterday - and they DO fit the STI7. Also said they were only available in 17".

Ian

Subarussian 13 September 2002 12:21 AM

Just weighed these wheels WITH tyres (F1s) -- 17 kg each! So the tyre adds 10 kg, wow!!! I haven't yet weighed the old 16"s that have come off. Will be interesting to compare.

I'll try to take some pictures of my car with these wheels and post here. Beware, if you've got standard 4-pot brakes/disks they will look tiny under these wheels; and the rear wheel arches now look almost empty! So a big brake upgrade has to be budgeted next :( ;)

Sbradley 15 September 2002 11:15 PM

From the SIDC FAQ:

"The 17" wheel and tyre combination increases the unsprung weight to about 21kg, up from around 16kg."

So if Subarussian is right (and I'm sure he is) then these really sexy wheels only add a kilo to each corner. Which is quite a result, actually.

Think I'll go get me a set...

SB

Subarussian 24 September 2002 10:52 PM

Been trying to get centre caps and graphics for these - unsuccessfully so far. Has anyone else got them yet? Have you got them plain (like in the photo) or with graphics and caps?

subysouth 25 September 2002 05:54 AM

Did I miss the width on these wheels?