ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Fitted clear indicators...a bit wobbely! (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/126541-fitted-clear-indicators-a-bit-wobbely.html)

LG John 29 August 2002 12:09 PM

Fitted my nice new clear indicators and side repeaters last night but the front ones seems a little wobbely. The originals had a bit of movement but no nearly as much! Is this just a case of, 'they all do that sir' or should I be worried.

Cheers in advance :)

Trumble 29 August 2002 12:56 PM

Want to name where they were sourced from ??

T.

LG John 29 August 2002 01:09 PM

The ones that Jamie Whitefield sells! Crystal clear ones. I hit a *cough* very high *cough* speed on the way to work this morning and they are still there so that's encouraging :D

NINJA 29 August 2002 06:03 PM

mine wobble a bit as well.most aftermarket ones do

LG John 29 August 2002 06:38 PM

cheers for the peace of mind :)

P20SPD 31 August 2002 04:25 PM

SB mine wobbled quite a bit, my mate fitted them whilst i did the exhaust. Washed the car next day and noticed they wobbled. Got screwdriver out and it was tight for the 1st full turn, then became slack again, another 6 or so turns and tight again, this time they did not wobble, and still dont, 10000 miles later:D.

Just my personal experience though.

P20SPD 31 August 2002 04:27 PM

PS i had them on my blue one 1st and they were wobbley then, as i did not clean it the next day, wrote it off instead:D. They survived the barrel rolls at 90+ mph.

Moles Dad 31 August 2002 08:43 PM

SPD, glad you did too!

I have clear indicators on my 99, they were a bit loose so I wrapped some 'duct tape' around the small bit of the plastic case that 'hooks' into the bumper...it seems to tighten them a bit.

Cheers for now :)

mega_stream 01 September 2002 09:58 AM

Just for the record, the one's I had from GGR wobbled aswell.
If you look at the originals they have a small angled bit on them that helps hold them in place.
The replacement ones don't.

As MD says, a bit of tape wrapped round them cures this.
Shame mine had 1/2" of water in them first sign of rain :( I ended up sending them back for a refund.

Alas 01 September 2002 08:22 PM

Don't know if they're all the same but the ones I got from Scoobyparts have'nt moved.
Maybe I've got a heavy hand pn the spanner??
alas

LoFi 01 September 2002 09:08 PM

got some recently - they wobble a bit, but the car now seems to have new wind whistle at a little past the legal limit. anyone else experienced this?

Piers LoFi

Floyd 03 September 2002 09:14 PM

My JW supplied items don't wobble now as I've sealed all around the edge with high temp oven seal rubber, but then again I am quite mad.

F

RB5-Black 04 September 2002 11:32 AM

I put a little bit of double sided foam on the lug part :D
sorted the wobble and haven't had any problems since :) which is nice. Been on the car about a year now.

Craig.

Hol 04 September 2002 01:41 PM

Question?,

Do all the cars with wobbly ones have Foglights? and the others not?

The foglight on the vane bumper fits in behind the inner bolt which might make a difference.