ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   Subaru Garages (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/125857-subaru-garages.html)

GMcM 27 August 2002 12:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a Subaru garage in Northern Ireland for general servicing etc?

[Edited by GMcM - 8/27/2002 12:24:53 PM]

Gavin G 27 August 2002 06:00 PM

Although I've never had my car serviced there I often get bits for it at Oriental Motors, (main Subaru dealers) Enniskillen. Seems to be a top place and the guy in the parts department is sound. :)

Where abouts in Tyrone are u? I'm in Donegal

Cheers

Gavin G

[Edited by Gavin G - 8/27/2002 6:01:48 PM]

GMcM 27 August 2002 06:18 PM

Thanks, thats good to know. With an Impreza turbo I think its important to maintain the FSSH and all receipts etc. However, I'm just being careful as I've had so many bad experiences with authorised dealer garages (not Subaru ones yet) in the past i.e. really shoddy work charged at the premium rate.

I'm just curious to see what garages come recommended, and which ones I should stay well clear off.

P.S. I'm from Dungannon.

bug-eyed wonder 27 August 2002 08:31 PM

I'd recommend McKeary Motors/Performance Subaru in Coleraine.
Didn't buy the car from them but now use them for servicing/add on toys. ;) Jonathan will always take time for a yarn and most importantly I consider them good VFM. Get yourself lined up for their BBQ on the 21st September and meet some of his customers.

SUNDAY DRIVER 27 August 2002 09:59 PM

If your cars out of warranty you could do a lot worse than taking it to Ali Burrows.He is about 5 miles from you and works full time on Subarus.

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 28 August 2002 12:31 AM

Ive met Alistair, and he seems OK, and seeing as hes local to you, worth a shout. I wouldnt trust any main dealer with any car, unless it was a sh1tter to start with.
I know too many people who work as mechanics etc at main dealers, most are idiots, and the rest dont give a sh1t.

GMcM 29 August 2002 02:41 PM

Alistair Burrows? I think I went to school with him actually, is he around 26/27?

Cheers lads,
Geoff

SUNDAY DRIVER 29 August 2002 04:15 PM

Yep heis about that.His no. is 87 767942.He knows his scoobs and is not too hard to pay.

brendy 03 September 2002 06:31 PM

Saltmarine are very good and pretty cheap in comparison to English prices. Used them for 2 yrs before moving to England and never had any problems. Car is a Euro import and they have told me they are happy for the buisness.

Andy W 03 September 2002 07:35 PM

I'm Currently using Donnelly's On the Boucher Rd and have been very impressed so far, Very friendly, efficient and easy to talk to, I have been to a couple of dealerships and even one that came very highly recommended failed to impress me with their attiude to new custom.

Andy

GMcM 05 September 2002 03:18 PM

Thanks for the info guys, kinda of a varied response. Not necessarily a bad thing.

I maybe should have asked what garages to stay away from.