ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Hello everybody (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/123584-hello-everybody.html)

Pitzi 19 August 2002 07:00 PM

Well, except for a post regarding the surging on my car, I am a newbie on this forum. Seems to me like its full of Scooby mad people like me!!
I have a MY 99 GT (thats what the WRX is called here is SA) and I have owned this car for 5 months now, I can say that I am totally hooked and I love my car to bits!

This really looks like a cool place and I will be posting more in the future. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I live in South Africa, but I am of Italian origin

So tell me everybody, whats hot and whats not here??????

LG John 19 August 2002 07:04 PM

I'll tell you what's not hot......Co55ie. Read the M3 post if you want a laugh!!!

Welcome aboard, would say we might bump into each other at a meeting someday but I can't see that given where you live :D

Pitzi 19 August 2002 07:11 PM

Thanks dude, well I actually like M3`s and Cissies, but I happen to like Scoobies more, so I guess its alright. About meeting at a show, well you never know!!!
Thanks for the welcome.
What car you have??

LG John 19 August 2002 07:19 PM

UK Impreza Turbo MY99 with a scoobysport back box and a dawes.

Agreed to buy scoobysport downpipe and centre section today.....can't wait :D

Pitzi 19 August 2002 07:27 PM

Thats cool. I bought mine stock standard, well, I have done a lot on it now, including a PPP ECU and 3" straight through performance exhaust with twin downpipe, sounds wicked!!......

LG John 19 August 2002 07:35 PM

Nice, change that ECU though! PPP is for girls ;) :p :D

Pitzi 19 August 2002 07:45 PM

I know, but we dont have much choice down here

LG John 19 August 2002 07:49 PM

John Banks/ECUTEK could sort you out with a TEC2 ECU I'm sure.

Pitzi 19 August 2002 07:53 PM

I know, problem is that our local currency sucks and anything ex UK turns out to be damn $$$$$$$$

LG John 19 August 2002 07:55 PM

Ah, bummer. You've started modifying already though so the slope will get you..........it's just a matter of time :D

TonyBurns 19 August 2002 07:56 PM

There is nothing wrong with the PPP ecu :D
If you care to check out Banzai magazine when they had the scoobynet rolling road day (its the one with the norris designs evo5 on the cover ;)) you will see a MY00 which is running a PPP ecu pushing out 280odd bhp :eek:
Good eh ;)

Tony:D

Pitzi 20 August 2002 11:04 AM

Saxo boy, I have done a lot on the car so far, here is a rough list:

3" exhaust with twin downpipe
Cold air induction kit with K&N airfilter
PPP ECU
Electronic Boost Controller
Leaded compatible Lambda sensor (to run 102RON leaded)
STi boost gauge
STi clutch kit
STi rear wing
STi front lip
17" Prodrive P1 wheels
Goodridge braided hoses
STi rear light clusters
Front and side clear indicators
Brake booster support bracket
DBA front discs

Still wanna do a few things, eg VF23 etc etc.........

LG John 20 August 2002 01:28 PM

102 RON....not fair!!! I see the mod slope has already got you big time :D

Pitzi 20 August 2002 06:53 PM

Yep, we can get 102RON leaded racing fuel from the fuel depots, only thing is its bloody expensive!!!

Jolly Green Monster 2 20 August 2002 07:05 PM

Do you have a flame throwing Alarm system or are the reports I have seen of them in SA make up?

:)

Welcome by the way

JGM :)

LG John 20 August 2002 07:16 PM

Flame throwing alarm :eek: I got to get me one of those :D Bummer if you set if off by mistake though!

Jolly Green Monster 2 20 August 2002 07:19 PM

Yeah I have seen pictures of it..

You try and break in and it blows flames out the sides.. the pictures showed it fitted to a BMW.. I am sure it was a photoshop jobbie but it said they were available and legal for use in S.A.

??

JGM :rolleyes:

7 Foot 20 August 2002 07:23 PM

Looks like the BMW GTR featured in this months EVO has had one of those bad boys fitted!

chrisp 21 August 2002 12:17 AM

Hi Pitzi,

Welcome to the madhouse mate, glad to see you made it on here at last, seen one or two of the other SA guys posting on here as well.

BTW you should post your pictures in the members gallery if you havent already.

cheers

chrisp

Pitzi 21 August 2002 07:49 AM

No dude, I aint got a flame thrower, but somerimes I really wish I had!!!!

ChrisP, thanks for the welcome mate, you will see my reason for my "emigrating" on the Cartoday BB site. Hope it will be better on this side!!

Only problem I am experiencing is that I cannot access the BBS codes or smilies, I get an error on page.

Will post the pics when I can access the BBS

jasonwrxowner 21 August 2002 11:03 AM

Hi, Just wanted to keep this thread up the top as everytime I look at the title it reminds me of Dr.Nicks catchphrase from the Simpsons and cracks me up!

Jolly Green Monster 2 21 August 2002 11:12 AM

Strangely it reminds me of the Jive Bunny track which has "come on everybody, come on everybody, lets sing this song" on it...

Dunno why as it clearly says "Hello everybody"

Did I type that out load?

Doh..

JGM :rolleyes:

Mossman 21 August 2002 03:44 PM

Welcome mate!
Mossman

Where abouts in Italy are you from ? I lived in Sauze, nr Sestriere for two seasons! SUPERB

Pitzi 21 August 2002 06:40 PM

Hi Mossman, I am born in Roma, but unfortunately only lived there up to the age of 5, when my parents moved to africa.

Can anybody help me with the BBS codes or smilies, I cannot access the pages, it gives me an error message?????

Jolly Green Monster 2 21 August 2002 06:43 PM

Press the edit button on someones posts with smiles in and you can see what they did :) :D :rolleyes: :confused: ;) :(

:) Edit button is the one with the pencil.

JGM :)

[Edited by Jolly Green Monster 2 - 8/21/2002 6:44:16 PM]

dhorwich 21 August 2002 06:43 PM

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk

Dan

Pitzi 21 August 2002 08:31 PM

Thanks ppl