ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   What causes this......alignment ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/123350-what-causes-this-alignment.html)

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 09:46 AM

http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/getpi...4448446407.jpg

Its the nearside front.

[Edited by RoShamBo - 8/19/2002 9:47:37 AM]

carl 19 August 2002 09:55 AM

Been sideways at all? My tyres looked like that after some serious sideways action on a track.

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 10:01 AM

Thats the thing - not been sideways on these tyres.
Couple of roundabouts I take in a "spirited" fashion but shouldn't cause this ??

Ro.

Brun 19 August 2002 10:16 AM

There is either somthing very bent or you have serious alignment issues! My advice is a trip to TSL for the full geometry setup. While your at it, treat y'self to some Eibachs.

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 10:18 AM

Its gotta be alignment.
I would assume that if something is bent then that would require a serious knock - I know for a fact that this hasn't happened.

Ro.

wrxrob 19 August 2002 10:22 AM

could be a couple of things mate,firstly suspension component worn,incorrect camber setting to much neg which you can now buy adj top mounts,or just a simple case of toe adj wrong(alignment,tracking )

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 10:38 AM

Can the alignment/tracking be looked at by most tyre places ?
I am in Woking so need somewhere close.

Ro.

Claudius 19 August 2002 01:41 PM

This will happen when you have relatively aggressive camber settings and drive straight most of the time: the inside will get used. Pretty straight forward when you think about it. :)

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 01:54 PM

Sounds about right.....so....I need someone who can adjust camber in the Woking/Guildford/Egham area please !!

Anyone know ?

Ro.

jasonwrxowner 19 August 2002 02:00 PM

Try Roadtyre (I think that's what they are called) They ar in Bagshot. They do 4 wheel laser alignment. Pricey though. £110.

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 02:29 PM

Jason - great call m8
Just called them - they can do camber adjustments :
Prices as follows :
£45 check & adjust front alignment/tracking
£15 rear tracking
£15 rear camber
£15 front camber

Thanks again

Ro.

Mo 19 August 2002 02:39 PM

Sorry guys but I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

4-wheel alignment should cost you around £60.

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 02:42 PM

I might not need tracking /alignment done actually.
It was done about 10 months ago.
But recently I changed to 18" wheels - so would you need to do it again or not ?

Ro.

Claudius 19 August 2002 03:18 PM

If it has been done 10 months ago, you definitely need to get it checked!

I agree that price for alignment and camber is absolutely HORRIBLE! I'd say that should cost like £30-40. And they have to do it for free if you buy new tyres from them, because their competitor said they would do it for free ;) :D

Claudius 19 August 2002 03:21 PM

Yes you need to check alignment and camber when you change tyres or wheels or both, and also in between.

Think about it this way: when your tyre uses up, the car gets lower, and the camber changes. Often times, you get different wear on the left and right side (check your other tyre, probably less or more used than the one you posted the picture of) which will fcuk up the aligment (car pulling to left or right under braking).

Laters

Andy Tang 19 August 2002 03:27 PM

Try Micheldever Tyres

There is too much negative camber on the fronts. They can sort this out for about £45. You need to book it in for this and they will want you there at 8am in the morning!

NENO 19 August 2002 04:09 PM

Can confirm that Micheldever tyres give a great service, but get there early and on a weekday to avoid waiting over an hour to be served - they have that many people. ;)

jasonwrxowner 19 August 2002 04:28 PM

Ro, Call ATS in Aldershot. They do laser alignment as well and are cheaper aparently. I have not confirmed this but I have been told by a mate. I am thinking of getting mine checked over so I would appreciate it if you could mail me or post here when you have been quoted.

Speak to you soon.

Jason.

RoShamBo 19 August 2002 05:09 PM

Jason

£32 for laser alignment - they can't adjust camber though :(

Ro.