ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Scumbags in Cavalier SRi - Clifton, Bristol this afternoon (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/121841-scumbags-in-cavalier-sri-clifton-bristol-this-afternoon.html)

Turboteeth 13 August 2002 06:45 PM

WARNING TO THOSE WHO THINK IT IS SAFE TO PARK YOUR CAR IN BRISTOL...IT AINT!

I was in my office, just off Whiteladies Road when I heard a bang.

Saw a dirty white H-reg Cavalier SRi with missing right rear wheel trim with a Scumbag in the driver seat. The door opened, passenger got out, smashed the window of a Mitsubishi FTO and nicked the CD player whilst I stood and watched about 2 metres away!

The (thick as sh1t) pricks then wheel span away and attracted loads of attention!

This is yet another incident just off Whiteladies Road...now bringing the total count that I have seen to about 10 incidents in the last couple of months, including a Scooby which had it's scoop ripped off!

TAZMAN 13 August 2002 09:31 PM

thanks for the warning, I was parked just off whiteladies road this afternoon. Already been broken into once and tha b**stards not only smashed the passenger window but when they couldn't get the stereo out they smshed up the centre console and put a hole in the glove box..... you have been warned!!

Oh got a nice letter from the police saying they were looking into it and giving me the victims of crime helpline..I felt sooo much better!!

darlodge 13 August 2002 11:11 PM

My car was broken into 3 times in 1 month in Brighton, and every time I received the "victim of crime" support pack which included the support number. Never, even once did I contemplate calling them.

Darren

sexy wrx69 14 August 2002 09:38 AM

Does anyone even park their car in Clifton???????i wouldnt leave anything lying around that place let alone a car!!!

TAZMAN 14 August 2002 01:45 PM

unfortunetly I have to visit customers and as i use my WRX as my main car I have to park it sometimes in places you wouldn't want to..makes for an interesting meeting tho cause I keep looking out the window to make sure its still there..lol

Pudge 14 August 2002 03:59 PM

I used to be based in Clifton but luckily a local garage allowed me to park it outside their place and kept an eye on it throughout the day.

Best advice as already mentioned leave nothing on display not even a packet of Fags.

Turboteeth 14 August 2002 06:57 PM

Luckily my office has a car park and my car generally gets blocked in, but even so I still check it every hour or so :)

MOUSEMAN 15 August 2002 06:47 AM

Why didnt you do anything if you were stood 2 metres away,
would you if it was your car....................yes you would

SimonH 15 August 2002 11:21 PM

If I smoked, I wouldn't empty my ashtray in most parts of Bristol let alone park my car there :(

Pudge 16 August 2002 08:54 AM

The good news for me is that I am no longer based in Clifton.My office has now moved to a lovely area of Bristol called Knowle.
For those of you that know the area I am sure you can imagine what this has done to my Blood Pressure.

Everytime I park the car I lose a day of my life worrying!!!!

Pj

Jolly Green Monster 2 16 August 2002 11:14 AM

I hope you get the reg and reported it?

Probably stolen anyway but if they get caught later on this crime can be linked with it and hopefully they might get 60days rather than 50days probation(SP?)?

JGM :(

DAVE26 16 August 2002 07:39 PM

tellin ya
i catch any fooker even lookin in my car im in their face :)
so much as touch it then my wing chun swords are out :)

y cant the ****s keep thier hands to themselfs :(
mother fookers

snowcrash 17 August 2002 12:54 PM

FROM TURBOTEETH (NOT ON MY PC)....

Mouse, I was in my office and did run out, but by the time I did they were wheelspinning past!!!

Next time they wont get away :)

MOUSEMAN 18 August 2002 09:47 PM

Sorry mate it sounds like you were stood watching
didnt say you were in the office

Wurzel 19 August 2002 12:26 PM

So am I right in assuming that Knowle is safe then ??? only me and my M8 will be driving my MY00 and his MY02 STi over to a wedding in Knowle next Sunday.

[Edited by Wurzel - 8/19/2002 1:09:49 PM]

snowcrash 19 August 2002 12:31 PM

no - knowle is "not" one of the better places to leave you car - same as most of bristol really :(

breezer 19 August 2002 02:41 PM

Certain places in Bath (on the hill on the way out of the centre), if you're not actually /on/ the main road (which is permit only), are also deadly.

Its ScoobyJew! To You 19 August 2002 06:29 PM

...Bristol sounds like the place to avoid then?

Turboteeth 19 August 2002 08:26 PM

The thing about Bristol is that there are too many Scoobs to nick!

snowcrash 19 August 2002 11:18 PM

yeah i would avoid it... ;)