ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Accident at work (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/119601-accident-at-work.html)

Rumplestiltskin! 08 May 2002 04:47 PM

Today I was struck in the shoulder by a piece of lift (large heavy spring) as I entered the lift it fell through the gap between the lift & wall (just hitting my head) striking me on the outer shoulder.
I immediately filled out an accident report (there was a witness)
My question is - its now starting to hurt (happened about an hour ago)
Whats my position with claiming for injury against my work - would I have a case ?

Thanks

J.

[Edited by Rumplestiltskin! - 8/5/2002 4:51:24 PM]

Turboteeth 05 August 2002 08:31 PM

Phone Claims Direct...:)

dsmith 05 August 2002 08:32 PM

Troll

MarkO 05 August 2002 08:34 PM

Claims Direct went bust, more's the pity. NOT. :D

evo kid 05 August 2002 10:23 PM

get your self down to the local hospital , then get in touch wit a solicitor/claims firm , you defentally have a claim its's your companys responsability for your safety , i know of a few people in my works thathave claimed on more than one occasion ..

PG 05 August 2002 10:39 PM

Get to the Doc / hospital and take it from there ( your health is the priority )
Not knowing the lead up to the accident (working practices) it is hard to say if you have a claim but due to the accident being reported you are well on the right track.
You are responsible for your own H+S and that of others around you and the employer is accountable for all employees H+S and to provide a safe working enviroment.

Hope you recover soon

Good luck

Wurzel 06 August 2002 09:31 AM

go to the doc and then talk to your employer about what to do next before going to a solicitor / claims firm, it is because so many Wa***rs go running to claims firms that insurance costs are going up and up. FFS the country is turning into a small America where people are sueing everybody for anything.

Diablo 06 August 2002 10:13 AM

Oh FFS :rolleyes:

How bad is it really? What would you do if you were rummaging about in a cupboard at home and a box fell on your head? Sue the wife/husband/parent/kid that put it there....?

If its bad, fine, agreed it shouldn't have happened.

But Sh$t does happen....

Your employer will have Employer's Liability Cover. If you pursue a claim for something minor (as opposed to an accident which may prevent you from working) through a third party claims company (or even solicitor) then you can kiss your career prospects goodbye....

Hassle factor is huge. You will be seen as a troublemaker. Wrong as it may be you will then be on a downward spiral. Its cr@p, but its life.

Speak to your boss first and then HR dept if you have one and explain the position before you jump off on some miss directed crusade to make a few quid.

D

dsmith 06 August 2002 10:53 AM

and dont feckin whinge when everbody's insurance for house/car etc goes up.

Its not free money.

it comes out of your pocket. eventually.