ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Prices. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/118069-prices.html)

Eldar 30 July 2002 10:33 PM

OK, I'm new to WRXs and STIs, but I'm not an idiot. I'm going to order a MY2003 WRX, assuming it isn't a dog, but the delivery time is 6 months for an import at around £16.

So, in the meantime I'll buy myself an older one until the new one arrives. Nightmare, I've come across more lying *******s than you can shake a stick at. Is it an import, I ask? No sir, UK sourced, FSH and the like. Not being a complete mug, one checks the VIN and gives subaru a call and finds that its a Japanese import at UK prices.

Say to seller 'its an import, I'll pay import price' and they seem to think there are people knee deep dying to buy their second hand (and often well used) chariot at a higher price than an import.

Am I being unreasonable?

Eldar

Eldar 30 July 2002 10:39 PM

And secondly, the WRX is nice and sensible. Why would I want an STI? More expensive, dearer insurance, nasty gearchange, less reliable. And a bit quicker.

Please tell me not to spend all my money on an sti....

Eldar

Little Miss WRX 30 July 2002 10:40 PM

You know you want an STI.... ;)

ScoobyDoo555 30 July 2002 10:42 PM

Nope, you're not being unreasonable....

It is a BUYER'S market. There are plenty of Scoobs out there.....

Get it at the price YOU'RE prepared to pay - having said that, there are alot of people out there who ain't have fcuking tight!!!!! (considering the wages they're on ;) ) - ESPECIALLY on ScoobyNet!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Best of luck anyway :)

Dan

Eldar 30 July 2002 10:43 PM

I know, but I'll have to sell my wife, children, hamsters and chinchillas.
Having travelled at exceedingly un-natural speeds across Cold Fell in Cumbria in an STI, I really don't want one. Oh no, not a bit, not at all, one little bit, no no. Bugger.

Eldar.

Little Miss WRX 30 July 2002 10:49 PM

Eldar, sounds like you have bought one in your mind already :D

You just need to test drive a couple to be sure ;)

adamm 30 July 2002 11:06 PM

WRX = w4ankers recreational xperiment
STI = Shifts & Tottie Invited..

say no more...

Eagle7 31 July 2002 12:50 AM

where can i get an import for £16 only? ;)

please post the web address :D

ScottishMenace 31 July 2002 01:35 AM

You said - "Please tell me not to spend all my money on an sti...."

I say "Please spend all your money on an sti...."

I did and its the best money I have ever spent.

Go get em

Dave Allan

Active 31 July 2002 01:59 AM

Personally I don`t think you are unreasonable.
I was in the same position, looked foe a second hand, two / three year old wrx for ages. I looked at quite a lot £16.000 + and obviously (the cars I saw) were tatty high milage, uncared for etc.
I was nieve to believe that Scooby owners looked after their motor`s, wrong! So I went along the import "road". Purchased one (UK) spec for £16,400 all included, otr price from a dealer in Belgium. Ive been motoring for over 40 years and IMO it`s the best car I have ever owned.