ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   where are people based? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/115737-where-are-people-based.html)

Del Boy 23 July 2002 02:13 PM

just out of interest, why do people not put where they are from eg: north or south UK when they are selling parts or wanted, i thought this might be of help

Markus 23 July 2002 02:55 PM

Would guess it's due to the poss of undesireable people reading the bbs, so if they know where the parts are then there is a high possibility that the car is in the same location, volia, nice little earner for a tea leaf.

Little Miss WRX 23 July 2002 03:40 PM

As Markus says!!!

I want the scoob I am driving around in to remain in my posession whilst in the UK, hence a major lack of exact location in my from bit!

Markus 23 July 2002 04:28 PM

Chelle, think that you would hear the little blue meanine should it be started at some ungodly hour of the morning (and I know some muppets who could agree with that statement ;) :D)

Oh, and I will now return to my usual home :D

Tiggs 23 July 2002 04:35 PM

calm down ppl, i dont think many car theifs have time to waste looking on a BBS to see if someone has put down that they live in Reading so they can they go round Reading (only a few houses :roleyes: ) to see if they can nick the car.

T

Del Boy 23 July 2002 04:36 PM

oh i agree, i wouldnt want the t***ers knowing where i lived, i just thought maybe just putting North or South UK would be a help

kevin stanton 23 July 2002 04:39 PM

i'm not telling the theiving gypo's were i live. :D

Wurzel 23 July 2002 04:48 PM

I Live in Diezenhalde in Böblingen which is in Southern Germany so if anyone is in the neighbourhood and fancy popping in for a beer then feel free.:D:D:D

[Edited by Wurzel - 7/23/2002 4:48:56 PM]

Jerome 23 July 2002 05:20 PM

It is actually fairly easy to find someone using Scoot/192.com. I found myself on both with my ex-directory phone number shown [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Mr Jiggerry Poke 23 July 2002 05:27 PM

Jerome, there is a form that you can download from 192.com that instructs them to remove your name from their listings. They shouldn’t have it posted anyway if you are ex-directory.

Andy Hall 23 July 2002 05:32 PM

I don't undestand this either Dell, its not as if there are only fifty Scoobs in the country for goodness sake. If your average crim wants to nick a scoob he doesn't need to log onto the BBS, find that I live in winchester, go to 192, find out my address, drive to winchester, find I have gone on a driving holiday so the blooming thing isnt there anyway.

If I was him I would go and sit by the side of the road in a layby, wait approximately three minutes till one comes past, follow it home and nick it.

Tiggs 23 July 2002 05:33 PM

yeah, cause car theives are all sat on the net usin 192 to work out which cars to steal :rolleyes:

i also hear that some people use their cars in daylight where they can be seen!!!!!!! you'd think thieves would just use that option.

T

Jerome 23 July 2002 06:16 PM

Mr Jiggery Poke,

I've since moved anyway and only use my current land line for internet access etc.

However an ex-girlfriend, who was also ex-directory, was also on 192/Scoot with her phone number listed. She was pretty miffed - the reason she was ex-directory was that she had been stalked before - twice! My point is, it should never have been listed in the first place. A bit late downloading a form when some loon has stabbed you to death...

[Edited by Jerome - 7/23/2002 6:17:39 PM]

jonny gav 23 July 2002 07:11 PM

sorry tiggs,we forgot that all car thieves can't read or use a computer :rolleyes:

i wonder how they learned to use their snatch and grad gear???

how nieve.

Del Boy 23 July 2002 08:47 PM

I've just had a thought as well in answer to one of the messages. Although people don't want to let the nasty b.......s getting our cars, what happens when they ring you and you give them your address anyway!!

Chelsie-Bun 23 July 2002 10:25 PM

I agree you have to be really carefull what you say on these boards,
you don't know whos looking in and why.

chel xxx

NBW 23 July 2002 10:49 PM

I don't mind anyone knowing where I live.......

adamm 23 July 2002 10:59 PM

is this a 90 degree - if not - as an example - give me a bit of info on someone here and I bet (admittedly 1 pence) that they are traceable....