ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   How Does TSL Grp N compare to Godspeed Big Disc? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/115709-how-does-tsl-grp-n-compare-to-godspeed-big-disc.html)

Vinesh 23 July 2002 12:44 PM

Has anyone done a comparission with the above?

Views will be appreciated.

Claudius 23 July 2002 01:36 PM

Check the specifications, ie look at the technical datasheet of the disc and see what material is used to manufacture the discs and get someone who is familiar with metals to tell you what the differences in resistance / heat absorption etc are.

Some retailers / manufacturers do not give out this information. For obvious reasons... dont buy their discs.

Godspeed Brakes 23 July 2002 03:46 PM

Er - I think he was asking about a performance comparison not a metal content !! Ian

Claudius 23 July 2002 04:48 PM

LOL you can conclude that from the technical specifications. You surely know that since you sell discs, or dont you? :rolleyes:

Vinesh 23 July 2002 05:19 PM

I was after the performance spec :)

Claudius 23 July 2002 05:59 PM

What do you want? BS sales talk or real info??

Dyney 23 July 2002 06:16 PM

Obviously he wants real world expieriences or he would have just phoned TSL or Ian direct!!!

I have the Godspeed kit and 'am very happy with it (though I haven't used the grp N disks from TSL)
I have herd good things about TSL grp N's and would trust their judgement in selling a decent product.

The obvious advantage (apart from size) of the Godspeeds is the separate bell:D

Iain.

alcazar 23 July 2002 07:34 PM

Would go with the last comment, I've just had a 325mm kit fitted at Godspeed, and apart from looking awesome they perform 150% better than my previous setup--at least.
Don't know about the TSL ones, but would again agree with a previous comment:TSL have a good reputation and have seen me right in other matters.
You pays your money.....- I went for Godspeed for the looks and the size!

Vinesh 23 July 2002 08:07 PM

Real info.

Want info from people who have used the set up.

ChrisG 27 July 2002 05:24 AM

Anyone got any other experience???

I'm interested in this comparison too.

ROUGHNECKS 27 July 2002 08:00 AM

Be careful with the TSL set up, I know at least 2 people who have paid over £450 for this set up PLUS VAT (Paul) ;) and have warped the disks through normal fast road driving :( on going back to Graham at TSL he's blaming it on the purchaser :(

Not good in my opinion.

jim litten 27 July 2002 12:11 PM

Sounds familiar!!!!

jim

ScoobyK 27 July 2002 01:49 PM

Anyone experienced this type of problem with Godspeed (335mm) ??

caz1562 27 July 2002 02:46 PM

Alcazar - A little off the topic but would you not fit brakes for their performance, not how they look !!!!!

Whats the point of them looking nice and not stopping you in time.......