ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Will somebody please tell us the BHP of PPP STi7 ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/115525-will-somebody-please-tell-us-the-bhp-of-ppp-sti7.html)

DJB 22 July 2002 08:12 PM

There seems to be alot of nudge-nudge, wink-wink comments about power output figures from STi PPP. Some of you know the real figures so come on, let us all know.

D.

IanW 22 July 2002 08:16 PM

You will be lucky, until teh PPP is signed off from Prodrive you wont get any official comments due to the Non-Disclousre Agreements that will be in place.

RB5SCOTT 22 July 2002 08:27 PM

Well if its anything like the WRX PPP the torque figure will be way off what Prodrive claim :rolleyes:

Scott

Dave T-S 22 July 2002 08:39 PM

Yes I know, and no I can't say as Prodrive have told me not to.

But prepare to be pleasantly surprised:)

sammyh 22 July 2002 09:53 PM

Dave will you please stop teasing people! ;)

polarbearit 22 July 2002 10:45 PM

chrisp 22 July 2002 10:57 PM

276bhp I reckon ;) oops sorry that the standard JDM version ;).

I would hope its at least 300 but 350 would be unlikely but better :D

BruceWarne 23 July 2002 05:52 AM

346 bhp, 520Nm...you didn't hear it from me ;)

tweenierob 23 July 2002 07:06 AM

Pleasently surprised???
I did not believe it until i saw the print out......
strange size back box though, definately not what i would expect.
Rob
some people may think i am talking crap, however the owner of this STI will come out, i would love to know what all this secrecy is about..... is it a matter of our countries safety....
The worst thing is that normally i would just post the figures but i feel that i may upset someone.... as stated in the other thread, PE had an STI with PPP in on friday....... say no more.... :D

mutant_matt 23 July 2002 09:30 AM

Well I was at my local dealer and got him to ring Prodrive and all he could get out of them was, 300bhp. He wouldn't tell us the torque, which is the bit I'm interested in.....:(:(:(

What are we waiting for Dave?

Cheers,

Matt :)

sammyh 23 July 2002 09:47 AM

Tweenierob, the beans please spill them :D

Bruce 346 Bhp seems very optimistic!

T-S are you out there?

Dave T-S 23 July 2002 10:43 AM

As far as I am aware, some dealers appeared to have jumped the gun as PPP info shouldn't have been released quite yet.

If that is the case, the info is not in the public domain yet, which is why I will not post it. If I am told anything, the first thing I ask is whether it is public knowledge or not. If it isn't, and I go blabbing about it, I will never be told anything again.......

For example, I had a picture of the P-FF7 wheels back in February, but couldn't post it until they were released a couple of weeks ago. I could of course have just accidentally posted a picture of my car at Prodrive with the wagon with them on coincidentally in the shot, but that would have been sneaky - so I didn't.....:)

sammyh 23 July 2002 10:47 AM

Dave would you tell us if I gave you a briefcase full of non sequential used notes? :D

Dave T-S 23 July 2002 11:35 AM

Of course not!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] How dare you ask such a thing??[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

What denomination notes are they...;);):D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 23 July 2002 11:46 AM

Gotta be one way of paying for 2x STi PPPs ;)

TonyBurns 23 July 2002 11:51 AM

I remember those ppl who went to the Prodrive days saying that the demo cars had around 320bhp (which is quite a realistic figure) but like most people have said, its not just about the BHP its about the torque and how its curved so knowing that Prodrive had had alot of test time with this car i would be expecting a good level for boost pickup from around 2500 (as most complain about the 4k pickup) and a nice increase of upto... 300lbs of torque?
All guess work id say but this is what id like to see the car pushing out :D

Tony:D

Dave T-S 23 July 2002 01:34 PM

Puff
Good point M8:D

Sammy
£2 x £1995 and the info's yours..........:D

sammyh 23 July 2002 01:56 PM

Right then thats two briefcase full of non sequential Iraqi Dinars :D

donaldm 23 July 2002 02:31 PM

STI PPP's.... all new to this, whats this?

T5NYW 23 July 2002 04:55 PM

Perhaps prodrive are not willing to give a definitive answer on PPP Torgue and Power figures :rolleyes: as all cars(milage add on Etc and rolling roads are different :eek:)
They may just get the Dealers Demos done and say PPP has done this to it and Should do the same for yours :D:D as Dave-Ts has said it's not the figures, it's the drivability that counts:D with big figures:D:D:D LOL

Tony

Ps IMHO and can't wait till friday:D

tweenierob 23 July 2002 06:33 PM

If i bought an STI7 with PPP i'd want at least 318bhp :eek: ;)
Rob

Shark 23 July 2002 06:53 PM

Dave

I was told 300 bhp by the accessories department at IM, I don't know if it's right - you do ;) :D

David