ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why bother !!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/115270-why-bother.html)

Alas 22 July 2002 06:21 AM

Decided not worth posting run of the mill comments/stories etc anymore. If you read my Having a Laugh thread you'll see what I mean. From now on will use Scoobynet for Technical/advice/product details only. Hopefully that way will get sensible replies and not a load of sh*t.
I like a good laugh like the next guy but not when turns into a sniping match with no humour.
Thanks to those that appreciated the story. Nuff said about the other.
Thats the rattle thrown out the pram :)
Cheers
Alasdair

[Edited by Alas - 7/22/2002 6:24:47 AM]

wrxjoy 22 July 2002 06:52 AM

Pity m8 it was quality

Alas 22 July 2002 07:31 AM

Yeh - I've posted a few things on here when I've done something dumb and don't mind telling you guys as it's good for a laugh. But recently there seems to have been a few threads that have gone downhill.
The cow & horse threads were brill and although unfortunate for people concerned the comments were funny not malicious. Still nuff said .
Alasdair

mutant_matt 22 July 2002 08:22 AM

It's only one person having a snipe - just ignore him/her if you don't like what they have to say. After all, at the end of the day, you didn't rise to the bait, which is the honourable thing to do.

Matt :)

[Edited by mutant_matt - 7/22/2002 8:23:05 AM]

chiark 22 July 2002 09:59 AM

Ignore 'em. Have a larf. Made me giggle.

alcazar 22 July 2002 10:04 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Don't withdraw, mate, they were class!
Just ignore the gets who snipe, there's always someone in this world who THINKS he knows better than you, and will lose no time telling you. He also thinks you're stupid for being wrong Sorry, but it shows immaturity.
Just ignore the snipers, and keep on amusing the normal ones among us.....after all, we're in the majority!!
Cheers m8 Alcazar

Devil's Refugee 22 July 2002 11:00 AM

Ignore the comments mate and keep on posting !
:)

The Zohan 22 July 2002 11:05 AM

Keep postin' old chap - as JFK said "You cannot please all of the people all of the time"

JFK was assinated mind so you takes your chances.

Hey, if everybody agreed with your POV it would be a boing place to be

Adam M 22 July 2002 11:41 AM

LOL @ paul habgood.

mutant_matt 22 July 2002 01:34 PM

Paul,

Wans't that Nixon? ;);):p:p

Alas 22 July 2002 02:38 PM

Cheers guys
Thanks for the support. You may still see the odd remark appearing from myself when I can't resist it. But only on other peoples threads - as that seems to be the easy way for some eg. for the sub-jective few, an original thought is a dangerous thing.
Alas ;)

DJ Dunk 22 July 2002 02:40 PM

Drama Queen :p

Jolly Green Monster 2 22 July 2002 02:46 PM

Just ignore the t*ats...

Made me laugh!

JGM :)

The Zohan 22 July 2002 02:57 PM

Matt

JFK said it first i think you'll find!
I thought Nixons great quote was - "Are you sure they won't find the microphone?"

mutant_matt 22 July 2002 06:14 PM

LOL :D:D:D (just posted on the original thread BTW)

Floyd 22 July 2002 07:41 PM

Nixon said theat "you can con some of the people some of the time" I think!

F

subster 22 July 2002 10:45 PM

Alas
sorry if I have upset you that much, but as they say I am only putting my points of view across, you started with the insults
I was just pointing out what I would have thought if I was sitting in the car behind you
My own view is that as the owner of a scooby I would have to take him on (up to the speed limit of course) and if I didn't want too I would signal so, not the exact opposite to my intentions

Alas 22 July 2002 11:06 PM

Read the post.
1. First of all, I signalled I did not want to race. It was only after he made an insulting gesture I thought right, you want to race - then do it yourself and feel like a **** when you realise I'm not.
2. I did not start the insults. You told me I had sh*t out of the race.
3. In my post to you I used smilies which you did not. If you were trying to make a joke it helps.
4. Subject closed as far as I'm concerned.
Alasdair