ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   Track Night at Nutts Corner - Whos up for it??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/113785-track-night-at-nutts-corner-whos-up-for-it.html)

Sloaner 16 July 2002 10:07 PM

Who would be interested in clubbing together to hire Nutts Corner for an evening. It costs £40 per hour and if we had 6 or so it would cost £20 each for 3 hours.
The only problem is only one car allowed on the track at any time
but this can be a safer option in the long run.

We could time each other round the track to see who has the hottest Scoob!

Probably wont be able to get a booking until late August as it is booked up until then.

A track is a good learning curve and you`ll be amazed how much your driving improves and how much more you learn about your car.

mad555 16 July 2002 10:49 PM

Yeah I'll give it a rattle,make max number about 4 or 5 so no one bitches about it being to crowded!.What about Kirkistown do they allow more than one car on track?.

mad555 16 July 2002 10:50 PM

Wot about helmuts????

Andy W 16 July 2002 11:17 PM

You would need to check out the public liability insurance as timing may invalidate it, I know it does for most track days.

BTW the next kirkiston trackday is 21st July

Track skills-----top way to spend a Sunday!!!!!

[Edited by Andy W - 7/16/2002 11:17:56 PM]

Sloaner 16 July 2002 11:43 PM

Andy, The timing will be unofficial and between ourselves. You are quite right in saying that it may cause legal problems if we were timing each lap officially.

Shall we say the first 5 names get to go. I think too many will spoil it too but I dont want to disciminate - so first come first served.

When I get 3 definite names including me of course I will phone for the next available date.

So far its Mad555 and myself - 3 more please

You in Andy?
I think Kungfu will go - I`ll give him a ring tomorrow.

Sloaner 16 July 2002 11:51 PM

No helmets required. You only need that if there is an open track i.e. more than one car on at once. This option is more expensive but fun also. I slipped in with the Porsche club track night. It was £50 but I was able to see how the Scoob compared to Boxsters and 911`s etc.

mad555 20 July 2002 03:26 PM

Sloaner anyone else goin or is it just us pair??Anyhows put a deadline on it soon,cause they will veiw the thread talk about the legal side and still not go!!If its us two all the more track time!!!Let me know whats happening,dont book it for a Fri or Sat.Cheers mate

Sloaner 23 July 2002 04:56 PM

What day suits you best Mad555. Need at least 4 to make it worth while. We could book it for 2 hours if we dont get the numbers

mad555 23 July 2002 06:25 PM

Any night except Friday and all day Saturday mate,are you goin to try and get it for some night? or what else had you in mind?

Sloaner 24 July 2002 01:14 PM

Evenings suit me ok - might suit everyone else though. What anout a Sunday?

mad555 24 July 2002 07:22 PM

Yeah,Sundays are ok to mate.What about a deadline for names?