ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Green with gold wheels - Ellon (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/113081-green-with-gold-wheels-ellon.html)

GammonRoll 14 July 2002 07:37 PM

Was at a wedding at the New Inn. Saw you in lay-by near Ellon and then doing the posers route (I assume) in Ellon.

Never caught the reg - but nice car.

Was without a Scooby this weekend unfortunately :(

Also saw a black new shape on road between Aberdeen and Fraseburgh - Was it you?

Gamm

tony1979 15 July 2002 09:18 AM

Was raised in Ellon, but now living in Reading. It's strange to see the place mentioned on this board. Never used to notice many Scoobs when I lived there - good to hear there's a following though! ;)

GammonRoll 17 July 2002 08:25 PM

My wife's from Old Deer, and the people getting married were from Mintlaw.

Boy-racer country I've noticed. I'm a Stirling lad mesel.

Gamm

tony1979 18 July 2002 09:00 AM

Yeah, I remember all the sad boy racers with their Nova's and Fiesta's racing up and down by the Ythan. :rolleyes: Surprised the police never tried to do anything about it.

LG John 18 July 2002 10:30 AM

Ah, Ellon, went to Mieklemill (sp?) primary school was I was a wee lad. But in answer to your question: No it wasn't me ;) :D

tony1979 18 July 2002 12:03 PM

So did I. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm 23, so would have started primary school around 83(?).

[Edited by tony1979 - 7/18/2002 12:04:58 PM]

LG John 18 July 2002 01:11 PM

No way :) I'm 23 also, so I was possibly in your year. I can't remember many people as I left at the end of Primary 3 but I remember being friends with a lad called Gregor who lived in the big fancy new (now 30 years old) houses on the hill. I held hands (awwww!) with a lass called Isla and I was best mates with Thomas McIvor who was a couple of years younger and still lives in Ellon I believe.

tony1979 18 July 2002 01:29 PM

I remember Thomas McIvor. He lived in Meiklemill - we used to be addicted to Megadrive games. :D

Gregor McEwan lived on Bredero Drive. I lived one street up on Chestnut Place. He used to be a good friend of mine too.

Did you know Kris MacLaughlin, and James Spencer and the rest of the gang that used to hang about with Gregor?

Spooky.

LG John 18 July 2002 01:42 PM

McEwan, that's it!! Gregor and I were best mates (if you have such a thing at age 5!) until I left and we lost touch. I stayed in contact with Thomas until about 5th year at high school but haven't spoken since. Thomas always had the best gear, first to get a BBC, first to get a megadrive, first to get a mountain bike, first to get a playstation and so on. He was a great laugh and I'm a little annoyed at myself for not keeping contact. I think my parents still send christmas cards to his though.

Small world :)

LG John 18 July 2002 01:44 PM

Probably knew some of that other crew but can't remember names. I remember the primary 1 school bully, think his name was allan. Twice the size of the rest of us :eek:

tony1979 18 July 2002 01:47 PM

Allan Morris! :o

[Edited by tony1979 - 7/18/2002 1:47:49 PM]

LG John 18 July 2002 02:23 PM

The little face says it all! :eek: