ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Neighbour was beaten up by another neighbour in my block of flats and... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/112421-neighbour-was-beaten-up-by-another-neighbour-in-my-block-of-flats-and.html)

DrEvil 11 July 2002 05:40 PM

... the attacker was given a caution as he apparently didn't seem the type according to Guildford police! :eek:
His victim, one of the neighbours I know, had severly bruised ribs, black eye, and damage to various other parts of his anatomy!
To top it off, after the guy reported the attack, a few days later the father (or at least boyfriend of the mother) was tapping on the victim's window with an AXE!! :eek: asking him to come outside... The police found the axe, but apparently couldn't prove anything, so dropped all charges...

AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL SAFE AT HOME??? COS I BL**DY DONT!

I'm gonna ring the local police station and ask them what the hell is going on!

Alex :(

[Edited by DrEvil - 7/11/2002 5:42:17 PM]

Katana 11 July 2002 06:33 PM

Is this true? Cool, now I can exact revenge on those who wronged me and only get away with a caution..

47 NAT 11 July 2002 07:14 PM

The British (in)justice system really stinks :(

Nath

Floyd 11 July 2002 10:54 PM

Katana

just don't get caught speeding to or from the crime scene, or they'll hang you for sure.

F

Alex, nice area that you live in ;)

BarryK 12 July 2002 01:43 PM

Particularly if they smell Shandy Bass on you in your getaway car!!!

Think about this.

The law abiding are utterly powerless. Let's say he went outside as requested and battered the guy and shoved the axe up his ar5e.

Who would be in big trouble?

It would be obvious that he was the one doing the harrassing, no? He has now had a fight with two members of the family he has chosen to dislike.

While I'm on, why was he attacked in the first place?

Norman D. Landing 12 July 2002 02:12 PM

Get a bigger axe ?

DrEvil 12 July 2002 02:17 PM

Just to clarify - incase it isn't clear

1st occasion - Neighbour A (5ft10, overweight) has seven shades kicked out of him (and does not fight back) from son (18yrs old, 6ft built like a brick s... you get the picture) if neighbour B.

2nd occasion - Neighbour B's boyfriend is knocking on neighbour A's window with an AXE in his hand.. suggesting he wants a him to come outside for a few words - due to Neighbour A reporting 1st occasion to the Police.... Neighbour A calls police, they turn up circa 1 hour later....

Neighbour B's son gets a caution - original charge GBH. :confused:
Neighbour B's boyfriend gets sweet F A - couldn't prove anything.. did find the weapon in Neighbour's flat thou.. :confused:

Katana - yeah - it would appear you are right on that score...

Still haven't spoken to the police - been too busy with work..

BarryK 12 July 2002 03:13 PM

No info on why the original "fracas" broke out?

This is still half a story.

Not that I doubt you are rightly afeared of such obnoxious detritus.

DrEvil 12 July 2002 06:09 PM

Basically, the original fracus was unfortunate - neighbour A was looking after neighbour B (the mother, an alcoholic) at the request of the area nurse who had attended earlier on that particular day... Sun gets home and puts 2+2 together and gets 5.. kicks off... Note - I know neighbour A, and he is getting married in the next couple of weeks, but it seems he has been asked to sit with Neighbour B until the son/boyfriend got home on several occassions... hmmmm.. two sides to every story thou.. who knows!

Regardless of why it happened - I find it completely obsurd that the police haven't prosecuted the son at the very least!

Hmm...