ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Minority Report.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/111224-minority-report.html)

Plantie 08 July 2002 12:27 AM

Fantastic Film!!

Hate to say it but Tom was great in it and the story line is awesome!!

Fantastic Special Effects!

GO SEE IT!! :D

P1Fanatic 08 July 2002 12:39 AM

Aye. Best film out for a while.

CRAFT 08 July 2002 07:04 AM

Yep, totally agree, what a great film and a good story, which makes a change, and those spiders:eek:
Go see it!!

CRAFThttp://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/otn/wink/thumb.gif

Moles sis 08 July 2002 02:38 PM

seen it twice in two days i thought it was such a good film... it rocks! great special effects and wicked plot. im moles sis btw! :P [as you've probably guessed by the name...!]

Tiggs 08 July 2002 02:43 PM

hear steven spilberg on the radio- "ohhh, tiny tom wanted to do all his own stunts- oh we had to really try to get him to use a stunt man..blah,blah"

WE DONT BELIVE YOU!

why do movie ppl always think we will think better of them if they did their own stunts? muppets.

T

ps- and does doing your own stunts nowadays mean sitting in front of a pc with a joystick? load of PC generated cak that most films are now.

P1Fanatic 08 July 2002 03:54 PM

Thats why he was hanging off a cliff to do mission impossible 2. The fact is you get to see more of the actor rather than the back of his head or a blurred face at distance.

Tiggs 08 July 2002 04:00 PM

bet it was a fake cliff! like in rambo 3!

P1Fanatic 08 July 2002 04:08 PM

It wasnt cos Ive seen the making off. And there was a big press leak when some Paparazzi bod found where they were filming and camped out on a mountain all night to get pics of Tom climbing

scoob_babe 08 July 2002 04:45 PM

it was good :D

Diablo 08 July 2002 04:49 PM

Yup, is was a real cliff.:eek:

It was also a very real piece of wire he was attached to :D

Still, looked better than if had been a double..

D

Little Miss WRX 08 July 2002 09:47 PM

and those spiders
:eek:

<GULP>

s...s....ssssppp..pppi..ders?????

Erm arachnaphobic here, can I have warning of any spider scenes please?

P1Fanatic 08 July 2002 10:53 PM

They are metal/robot ones used to hunt down and scan crims in hard to get places and cos the pre-crime cops are too lazy :)

So nothing to be scared of!

Little Miss WRX 08 July 2002 11:48 PM

PHEW :D

<feeling silly now ;)>

Thanks for laying my mind to rest ;) :p

Marin 09 July 2002 12:11 AM

Have to agree, really good film - a girl I work with is going to see it but has a real phobia about eyes... Boy, is she in for a shock!

Little Miss WRX 09 July 2002 01:44 AM

<girly mode on>
Mmmm tom Cruise..... <drool> ;)
</girly mode still on ;)>

P1Fanatic 09 July 2002 02:50 AM

And us blokes get......Agatha......ah well was still a good film and Halle & Famke are both in X-Men2 (X2) so cant complain :p

Dr Hu 09 July 2002 10:10 AM

Was a good film....but just how much product placement was in that!! Sheesh...I reckon they must have made a profit on the advertising rights before it even opened!

NOKIA,GUINESS,LEXUS etc etc (plus more I can't remember!)

And dare I mention civil liberties to anyone......that film...as a portrayal of the future blew them all away! They actually used futureologists to predict what with realism what the world would be like in 45 years time.

Adam M 09 July 2002 10:54 AM

dont want to ruin it for anyone, but I thought it was kinda predictable.

I knew what was going on, and the bad people in advance, only thing eluding me was the complex mechanism and how it was carried out.

I hope this is vague enough to not give anything away.

P1Fanatic 09 July 2002 02:22 PM

The bad people??? There was only one tbh. If you predicted the entire plot/storyline then hats off to you, perhaps you are the 4th pre-cog - is your mum called Agatha?????

DavidBrown 09 July 2002 02:32 PM

Don't forget holes in the plot you can drive a bus through, and enough inconsitencies to make it laughable.

Plantie 09 July 2002 03:44 PM

lol @ P1Fanatic comment... :D

Dan B 09 July 2002 05:44 PM

Yeah, from what I understand, they predict or "see" the future, then prevent it??? So How do they see it? Fcuking big bus if you ask me.

Haven't seen it, so might be wrong....

Plantie 09 July 2002 05:49 PM

Dan, thats why you need to go and watch it.... if you knew all the answers to the film then there would be no point seeing it.

Get of your bum ;) and go see it.... bar 1 person on this thread everyone one agrees the film is great!

Go see it.

Dan B 09 July 2002 09:08 PM

I'll see what i can do. Open miind and all that.... :D

Besides, its only a film.

ScoobyJawa 10 July 2002 10:29 AM

I didn't think it was fantastic. ;) Went to see it last night. I thought it was ok, good effects, not bad storyline and all that but hardly a film I'd rave and call fantastic.....

Oh well!! Now will they hurry along Xmen 2 and The Matrix Reloaded :D

ScoobyGrannyDriver 10 July 2002 11:57 AM

I enjoyed the film but the guy I went to see it with said, "the only thing I couldn't predict was when it was going to end...", as we left the cinema.

SGD