ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Styling (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/)
-   -   Delocking? (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/111186-delocking.html)

scooby_si 07 July 2002 10:14 PM

Out of interest (& an excuse 2 use this new section;)) i saw a car today @ Donno track day that was on show with delocked doors that did look boss. So while i doubtlessly cant afford it as yet but am intreged as 2 how much such a set up wood cost & any other details?
Cheers peaps:D
Si

ScoobyJawa 08 July 2002 10:15 AM

Planties had it done to his, tho' he weren't at donno.

Think it cost him 100-200 quid from a local bodyshop. Looks nice :D

SCOSaltire 08 July 2002 07:11 PM

is it any safer to have the car delocked?

ScoobyJawa 09 July 2002 10:03 AM

Means they can't shove a screwdriver in your door locks ;)

David_Wallis 09 July 2002 04:13 PM

I did mine with a bolt behind the handle... posted pics a while ago... depends whether your doing it for looks or security...

Back door handles wont fit.

David

Plantie 09 July 2002 04:59 PM

Hi all....

Jawa is right... I did have them done... as I was broken into using a screwdriver :(

Had the key lock barrels removed and the door handles filled and sprayed.. (David is right the rears dont fit)

Looks the b0ll0cks and if anything, hopefully gives the theif a second thought...

Cost was £150 if I remember right.... but in my eyes a bargin! Not had trouble since.

scooby_si 09 July 2002 07:24 PM

Back door handles wont fit wot? Der mode on ;)
So out of interest which method did u go for for door opening then as i've herd a few alleged choices???
Ta
Si

POC 10 July 2002 05:30 PM

Ok then, how do you get in?

Plantie, get yer ass on MSN and explain this to me!

Cheers

Paul

Dyney 10 July 2002 09:23 PM

It's only De-locked he's not flushed the handles :rolleyes:

Plantie 11 July 2002 09:12 AM

Ok when I say delocked I mean the key barrel has been taken out and the insert has been filled and sprayed... they handles still remain the same... (basically look like the rear ones.)

The rear door handles do not fit - What I mean is you cannot buy a set of rears to go on the fronts as the front handle is longer than the rear one - no fit. ;)

Hope this explains all :D

Next time I see someone with a digi camera I will get a picture for you all.

scooby_si 11 July 2002 07:05 PM

So how about removing the whole handle etc that's wot i was refering 2 im my shyte title;)?
Si

sasim 11 July 2002 10:39 PM

I believe that AWD in Perth have done it, or been involved with a car that's been done.

If you e-mail me I'll mail you back with Dave Brown's (of AWD) E-mail address and you can ask him.

Stuart

richs2891 14 July 2002 07:19 PM

I quite like the de locked look but would prefer to keep the orginal lock mechanism in place for emergancies.
Does any one know where I could get some round rubber / plastic lock covers that could be colour coded to give a simlair effect ?

Richard

David_Wallis 15 July 2002 09:34 AM

to remove the handle is possibly an mot failure... but to do it... remove handle and weld a plate behind... fill this flush then fit a solenoid to open the door and wire this to a spare output on your alarm... preferably need an alarm with 4 spare outputs otherwise youll be opening all four doors all the time.

David