ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bikers-Respect or Contempt ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/110013-bikers-respect-or-contempt.html)

DRUNKNORGY 03 July 2002 03:00 PM

How do you feel when you see them ?
(Not Scooter Riders)

Little Miss WRX 03 July 2002 03:06 PM

RESPECT!!!!

CTR 03 July 2002 03:08 PM

I have as much/little respect for bikers as I do for any other road user.

alcazar 03 July 2002 03:09 PM

They're just kids who need to grow up, parading around on their done up bikes with their flashy leathers.................not like us Scooby drivers. (Tongue in cheek mode -off)

chuckster 03 July 2002 03:16 PM

Sunny day, nice twisty road, me stuck in the scoob with wife n kids whilst they are off on a nice scratch? Jealous
Rainy trek out of London whilst they are crowded under a flyover trying to get wet weather gear on over the leathers? Smug
Regards
Chuck (part-time biker)

Bravo2zero_sps 03 July 2002 03:19 PM

As one, then nothing but respect, and what a refreshing change to see adverts on TV asking drivers to be more aware of Bikers. I always move over to make it easier/safer for them to filter past, I have never understood drivers who try and stop bikes from getting past or deliberatlely force them onto the other side of the road, plenty have done it to me so I know it happens.

DRUNKNORGY 03 July 2002 03:22 PM

I am asking this question in the name of science (LOL)
I have posted a similar question about Nova Drivers on the MCN Forum.

RaZe-=Buzz=- 03 July 2002 04:09 PM

Some bikers are idiots.
Some car drivers are idiots.

I qualify for both :D, but Im more scared of a badly driven car than a badly ridden bike.

Chances are the biker will fall off long before he rams into me if he's pants on the thing, but a bad car driver can go on and on and on till they hit summat...

mega_stream 03 July 2002 04:12 PM

Respect 95% of the time, however I do object to be overtaken at 80mph on the inside while I'm in the 3rd lane overtakig a car [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Happened last week, when I flashed my lights at him as he virtually pushed me onto the central reservation he gave me the shuffle [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

T055er [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

ChrisB 03 July 2002 04:19 PM

Respect. Nice when they give you a little wave to acknowledge you making space for them to come past.

Jodster 03 July 2002 04:21 PM

Got an R1 and a DRZ Supermoto (which I commute on) as well as my Scooby so I've got lots of respect for bikers.

I've also got a lot of respect for any driver who allows more room for me to filter past in traffic and shows good road awareness. I always try and thank them with a nod or wave. It's how things should be.

At the opposite end, I have no ferkin respect for mobile phone users who are obviously unaware of my presence and who swerve dangerously with the shock of having a biker go past them. But that's a different topic.

Jen 03 July 2002 04:27 PM

Treating everyone as I find them :)

Ultimate respect for the guys who are careful, respectful and say thanks when I pull over...no respect for those who sit 2 ft from the back of my car at 65mph along country lanes (you wouldn't be able to react if I did an emergency stop and the last thing I want to see is a biker flying over my roof:() - go past or pull back.

All in all I think all bikers are brave, don't think you'd catch me without four sides and a roof with some of the nutters on the rd at the moment - however...it is tempting... :D

alcazar 03 July 2002 06:02 PM

Wot abt "mountain bikers"? My lad rides his trials pushbike off the top of busshelters!!! Crackers or wot??

Jon1T 03 July 2002 06:06 PM

Don't forget nearly all bike riders drive cars - not all car driver's ride bikes. A lot of bikers have Scoobs - look at the number of bikers on this bbs. Always give bikers respect...but not scooter riders, the b*stards, god I hate them, always in the way, ridden by morons who don't have a clue, cogging up the roads for everyone else.