ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   BBQ (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/109567-bbq.html)

kungfu 02 July 2002 11:16 AM

you have all probably read the last thread....good night on sunday although the weather was piss, so what about a BBQ some night out the coast road...the car park we were in had a great few, tables and nice windy roads gettin to it :grin:
possibly within the next couple of weeks... i know of 5 that will go already

Sloaner 02 July 2002 12:33 PM

Count me in Kung Fu. Who is doing the cooking?
I enjoyed Sunaday night. Good to meet like minded Scooby enthuasists.

mad555 02 July 2002 08:51 PM

Count me in to mate.Lets hope the weather changes.

Sloaner 02 July 2002 09:17 PM

I`ve been thinking about how to get more interest in starting an local club without shelling out too much money. My first thought was to approach the Scooby dealers to sponsor an ad in Autotrader but then I came up with a better plan as they are usually after our money:-
Anyone going to Lurgan Park could make up a few flyers with details of our next meet and put them on any scooby windows they see in the car park on Saturday. This might get more interest.
Lets set a date quick so we can spread the word.
Anyone with artistic skills for the flyers - even just a basic one with the written details would do.

Andy W 02 July 2002 11:05 PM

Guys whats wrong with the ISDC?

I should be up for a bbq some night depending on dates etc.

A

Sloaner 02 July 2002 11:26 PM

Do they organise events in the North Andy?

kungfu 03 July 2002 07:52 AM

they organise meets are kirkiston and that don't they, but there isn't too much activity with the isdc further up the country, there are at least 6/7 from around where i live, and it's handier for us to meet around the port etc...
what about sunday 4th august for bbq, it's meant to piss the rest of july and august is supposed to be a good month,
i could probably get something sorted on the computer today for fliers

Sloaner 03 July 2002 12:27 PM

Sounds like a plan Kung Fu. Your the boss.
I might be in round Port this Sunday and next Sun as I`m off work - no doubt I`ll see you scobin around.

bug-eyed wonder 03 July 2002 08:15 PM

I'll see nearer the time. Punchestown all being well on 21st July though and definately German WRC end of August! :D

Andy W 03 July 2002 10:34 PM

Actually I am the ISDC northern Area Organiser,There are Actually very Few members in NI and I tried to Gauge opinion to a club Rally day a couple of months back and got Zero replies, the Members in the southern and midlands section have organised a fair few meets and events (puts me to shame but work keeps me pretty busy)

Sloaner 04 July 2002 01:38 PM

Let us know whats coming up and we could all head down.