ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fox problem (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/109388-fox-problem.html)

The Zohan 07 January 2002 07:44 PM

I saw this on the news earlier, never heard of this happening before.

Hope the kid is OK, looked OK in the piccie they showed.

BTW If a dog bites a child (and i sincerly hope they do not) should they hunt it down with foxes then ;)

Paul

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 7/1/2002 7:47:03 PM]

Scooby Snax 01 July 2002 07:38 PM

Just saw on the news that a fox has bitten a baby. What could be the problem there then...... ooo maybe bring back hunting and the little buggers will still be scared of humans and leave us in peace.

http://nhh.glencarry.com/images/o2.jpg

father_jack 01 July 2002 10:27 PM

Lucky it was in this country, otherwise It'd have been Rabies shots for the kid. Not nice.
Foxes are bold as brass these days though. Probably the result of old ladies and other idiots feeding them.

Luke 01 July 2002 10:42 PM

Shoot the old ladies.....

alcazar 02 July 2002 09:01 AM

No, hunt down the old ladies with idiots..........

MarkO 02 July 2002 09:30 AM

It's obviously a 'devil fox'. I think they should be banned - they're clearly to dangerous.

Mind you, I blame the owners. ;):D

Luke 02 July 2002 09:41 AM

It was a french fox.

father_jack 02 July 2002 09:57 AM

What - like Sophie Marceau?

Tiggs 02 July 2002 11:26 AM

it never happened- it was prob a dog that the dozzy family mistoke for a fox. does anyone really belive a fox: 1. came into a house with adults in it. 2.tried to eat a baby! 3. sat there while the baby and family screamed at it!

not the most cunning of foxes!

T

MarkO 02 July 2002 11:28 AM

Certainly not one you could brush your teeth with, that's for sure. :D

Luke 02 July 2002 11:50 AM

Could have been a monkey trying to steal the babies mobile

IanA 02 July 2002 02:31 PM

If over-fluffy urban dimwits didn't feed them then foxes wouldn't be attracted to their gardens.

The foxes you see in cities aren't even in good condition, At least country foxes get a good work out with the hounds occaisionally, helps keep 'em in the peak of health.

Scoobydick 02 July 2002 02:46 PM

Interesting thread....
Lets have some more of this quality, for fox sake :)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 02 July 2002 02:52 PM

When I lived in Bow, E. London (Tower Hamlets Borough), there were foxes in the gardens at the back of the house. They used to regularly come & play/hunt/shag in our back garden, not to mention knock over the bin for a scavenge.

Rang up "Pest Control" as they were crapping all over the place & Ez was just a tidler, but soon to want to venture o/side.

Nothing they were prepared to do.

Offered me a telephone number that was a premium rate pre-recorded thing about putting eco-friendly deterents (Lion poo?) about.

"So I can shoot them then?" - oh no!! Certainly not allowed :rolleyes: Against law, arrest etc :rolleyes:

"But I legally would be able to hunt them for sport with dogs and horses then?"

"err..."

Bollox burocracy :rolleyes:

The image of a pack of dogs and horses & huntsmen all dressed in their togs (like piccy) cantering down the Roman Road amused me :)

In the end, it was chickenwire on top of the walls & in the gaps that (I think) kept them out - then we moved to the country & I haven't seen any :eek:

:)

Toerag 02 July 2002 03:56 PM

Why don't you get one of those hunting horses to catch the fox and eat it...

Jolly Green Monster 2 02 July 2002 05:23 PM

We have a fox coming into our garden and it is not overly scared of humans... anyone know any harmless was of getting it to leave us alone.. it is after our rabbits..

JGM

druddle 02 July 2002 05:26 PM

JGM - a sniper. Harsh, but fair :D :D

Scooby Snax 02 July 2002 05:28 PM

Click... Go Go Go

NotoriousREV 02 July 2002 05:44 PM

Notcie how every fox expert they interviewed inferred that it didn't happen that way i.e. all the "unheard of"/"totally out of character comments".

It was probably a Red Setter ;)

Phil Harrison 02 July 2002 06:57 PM

'Think Tiggs is right..... there's more to the story than meets the eye I reckon...

Phil

cement man 02 July 2002 07:15 PM

Probably a cunning stunt!

Fuzz 04 August 2002 09:17 PM

you wouldn't want to say that pissed :D

Alas 05 August 2002 01:09 AM

Can't believe we've only had 1 mention of the hunting horses???

If we could work a cow into the story it would be a lot more interesting.
:):):)
Alas

Mice_Elf 05 August 2002 08:13 AM

That would never work....cows are controlled by squirrels with remote control devices. Ever wonder why cows look so dozy? There's no brain in the cranium - it's all hard wiring and remote sensors.... Them cheeky blighters the squirrels are in the trees working 2 cows each - can get up to 5 if they are well-trained and show an aptitude. Highest recorded Squirrel to Cow ratio was 1 to 17, but Cedric the Squirrel will be sorely missed....

Anyway - that's why squirrels chunter and throw nuts at you (not their own, I hasten to add). They are calling to each other to get the cows co-ordinated and don't want you to see the remote control units.

It's all so obvious.... :D

Alas 05 August 2002 02:04 PM

I understand now. So when they are burying nuts - it's really mobile antennae to control the cows over an increased range.
Just one question though, where do the foxes come in.
Alas