ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WRX STi V5 1999 'V' reg (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/109030-wrx-sti-v5-1999-v-reg.html)

ScoobyKev 30 June 2002 07:25 PM

Hi all.

I'm new to scoobynet and would like some advise. I'm looking into purchasing a Scooby, and the details r as follows :-

Gloss black
WRX STi V5
1999 V reg
46,000 miles
Imaculate
4 door

Was £15995 and have knocked him down to £13,000 over the last week. He is a garage dealer and I know is desperate to sell some cars as he bought my GT4 from me and the cheque bounced. I have the money now and was wondering if this is a bargain....?

Regards

ScoobyKev

Your help in this matter would be much appreciated :)

TonyBurns 30 June 2002 07:54 PM

Check out www.sidc.co.uk
These cars wont be touched by Subaru UK by the way and speciallist servicing is the best way to go for Imports.
Also check that you can get insured as some companies dont like dealing with jap cars and remember that it needs SUL Minimum fuel wise or else your going to get det and kill the engine :( (a nice ecu remap should sort this out ;))

Tony:D

alistair 01 July 2002 08:49 AM

Sound's like a reasonable price.

As stated, check you can get insurance OK, always run on Super Unleaded (or Optimax) and find somewhere to get it serviced.

Do all that and you'll have a permanent grin........

BKS 01 July 2002 01:52 PM

i agree. 13k sounds fairly reasonable. I just recently bought my first scoob, also a V. Good idea to save some cash for the extras.....they like to swallow money!!

Highly advisable to get an ECU remap or put a p1 ecu in.

happy motoring

ScoobyKev 01 July 2002 05:52 PM

Thanks for your help guys. I've had a quote from Tesco and me being on my wifes insurance with full NCB its 1063 per year, for a UK car its £493. Not bad but it all seems too much trouble. UK cars have only 200 bhp where as the STi's have 280...or am I wrong..?

Just looked at Autotrader and theres a few RB5's up for £13,000, may consider a UK car and modify it :)

Regards

ScoobyKev

BKS 01 July 2002 06:02 PM

correctamundo, all STI's are 276bhp. Insurance sux but dont let it put you off what you really want!!

johnfelstead 01 July 2002 08:18 PM

no they arent. :D

snowcrash 01 July 2002 08:21 PM

some dealers do touch sti's and will service them..

STi wanna Subaru 01 July 2002 08:56 PM

just a point about the dealer. If they are in trouble finacialy and eventually go under you may lose any comeback on the car should you have a problem in the near future. A UK car may still be under warranty, although you would lose it if you start modifying it

bigmac 01 July 2002 11:01 PM

Whoever you buy from, always use your credit card towards at least part of the purchase price.

Trust me, there's a little thing called the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (section 75). If the dealer goes under, you can approach the credit card company.

Mark