ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Anyone on here ever driven a Noble M12? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/107978-anyone-on-here-ever-driven-a-noble-m12.html)

cletterridge 26 June 2002 01:09 PM

Anyone on here ever driven a Noble M12 GTO? Currently high on my wish list....

Robyn 26 June 2002 01:11 PM

NO but I have seen and heard a few knocking about round egham and they look and sound very special indeed!

matt555teg-r 26 June 2002 01:17 PM

No, but I did sit in one!!! Bloody awesome motor and enough room for my 6'4" girth ;0))

chopper 26 June 2002 01:27 PM

Yes - took a test drive at Mole Valley last year. The roads were a bit restrictive to open it up but I got the general idea.

Fanstastic car in every way - I really can't fault it other than I can't afford one yet. The noise of the dump valves is highly amusing. I got back in the P1 to drive home and it felt slow!! :)

SiPie 26 June 2002 01:54 PM

Was at Crail on Friday afternoon (just visiting) and was told that track was closed for private use. Turned out 'Alexander Noble' (according to the guys that I met) was up there testing his own modified Noble on the strip........watched for about 20 mins and all I can say is how fast??? and the noise was incredible, so whiney and mechanical!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the standard m12 gto at £49,950 looks like bargain of the decade to me!

Paul_M 26 June 2002 06:27 PM

Not bad for a Ford Duratec V6 outta the Mondeo... of course the Mondeo does without the twin turbos though ;)

Apparently the car's built using a lot of standard parts from Ford which helps to keep the cost down. I certainly noticed the rear lights are off a 93-96 Mondeo 4-door.

Fantastic car from every comment I've read about it.

R1916v 27 June 2002 02:32 AM

Heh tis a bit like the tvr chimera, have a look at the rear clusters, then go find a mk4 (i think its 4 and not 3) fiesta, turn your head upside down and have a look :-).

Mufasa 27 June 2002 01:30 PM

And Griffiths had upside down Cavalier lights :D

reaton 27 June 2002 02:12 PM

And 350's (wedges) had upside down Granada lights from memory!

They certainly had Granada side glass which was lots cheaper from the Ford breakers than from TVR dealers!!!

Rich

dela 27 June 2002 05:33 PM

I did a trackday at Hullavington, Wilts last month in the scoob.

In attendance was a lurvely black M12, though the best bit was the whine of those twin turbos, like a Harrier taking off!

It looked very poised handling wise aswell, from following through some of the wiggles setup on track.

dela

Richie1 28 June 2002 03:55 PM

There was an M12 getting built at John Nobles as I was waiting on my car being mapped..... V.nice it was as well :)

carl 28 June 2002 03:57 PM

...and Esprits used to have Allegro door handles and big Astons had Citroen wing mirrors :eek:

skiddusmarkus 28 June 2002 05:21 PM

I saw one last night at the Anchor pub,Oakerthorpe in Derbyshire.There was a few scoobs there too.Anyone on here?