ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   OCTAVIA COMEDIAN (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/107611-octavia-comedian.html)

X SOOOBY 23 June 2002 05:16 PM

yesterday travelling down a long slip road off the m25 gave it a bit of welly and then let of the power when suddenly this scoda octavia rs went by like the clappers pulls up at the next traffic lights i wind down the window the conversation goes

me "nice motor mate"

scoda "yeh and how much was yours"

me "£16000 from holland new"

scoda "yeh allright"

sounding gutted

scoda "yeh but your cars are 2 a penny"

me "thats becouse people know they are great cars"

at that he roars off through 2 sets of red lights
yeh all the reveiws say the car is a good 2 front drive car but it seems the drivers still have a chip on there shoulder

bluto22b 25 June 2002 07:45 PM

what a nobhead

TaviaRS 26 June 2002 08:36 AM

I don't have a chip on my shoulder, and no it wasn't me!

mannyo 26 June 2002 08:41 AM

No that was not me either, and I use the M25 every day, dont get the chance to go like the clappers though. the section I use is a carpark.

Steve Perriam 26 June 2002 08:47 AM

not a chip on the shoulder but got one in the car though jon !

ianc 26 June 2002 08:52 AM

hehe, one mention of an octavia and they all come out of the woodwork.

(and definately not me, cos mine's only a 4x4)

SWRTWannabe 26 June 2002 09:13 AM

Not me either. And I haven't got a chip on my shoulder - although I have got a bit of a scratch ;)

matt555teg-r 26 June 2002 11:06 AM

Wasn't the boss or me, certainly no chips here http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/angel.gif

Matt
ITR
RST

Dracoro 26 June 2002 11:33 AM

I suspect he gets off on the fact that they're cheap & prob doesn't realise that you can get other good cars cheaper if you import. (Bet he was expecting you to say £20k or something so he could say ha, that's twice the price blah blah blah, I mean, it's not the 1st thing you ask when pulling up next to someone is it!).

matt555teg-r 26 June 2002 11:40 AM

No it's not really the first thing you'd say, the last time I stopped next to a motor (A34 to M4 roundabout) and wound the window down was with some monster Volvo and the fella (middle aged and suited up) says to me "Fcuk me matey, how Fcuking fast were we going then", then I just pissed myself laughing and told him we nudged 140 down the A34 (an Autobahn in Germany!), it must have looked like to school kids when the lights changed and we went different ways, horns/lights and all that!! That's the way it should be though....

matt
ITR
RST

Paul_T 26 June 2002 05:31 PM

.....was not me either!

JasonO 26 June 2002 10:45 PM

LOL @ Matt, It's godlike when folks do that, init :D

mike16v 27 June 2002 09:14 AM

Just out of interest... What BHP are chipped RS's putting out??

S imple chip, exhaust & filter must make a fair difference does it not??

TaviaRS 27 June 2002 09:22 AM

Mine is 228bhp and 242lb/ft. Just a chip and zorst. Air filter change not recommended.

TonyBurns 27 June 2002 02:59 PM

LOL! like it ;) i also think that SEAT drivers have the same chip on their shoulders too, Leon VT drivers seem to want to make a point about how quick their cars are (and having one "try" to keep up with me in 5th to prove his car is superior :rolleyes: )
Makes you laugh though at some of the people out there but also makes you think that they could get nasty too :(

Tony:D

TaviaRS 27 June 2002 03:55 PM

Moi? Wouldn't dream of trying to keep up with a mighty Scoob! ;) :D

I have nowt to prove on a public road, I'd much rather go on track to indulge in a need for speed. Mine is adequately brisk, very cheap to run and I love it! If people are going to get a chip on their shoulders, why by the car in the first place! The guy was obviously a muppet (no offence to my friends in the hutch).

TurboBoost 27 June 2002 06:48 PM

I honestly don't know whats worse, the apparent chip on shoulder of SEAT/SKODA drivers or the superiority complex of Subaru drivers where when drivers of any other make of car have a bit of fun and put their foot down, that somehow means they are trying to prove their cars are faster. In reality its a bit of a laugh, and it goads the Scooby into nailing it. I guess you can tell by the expression on the other drivers face, if they are smiling then how can you diss them?
However the 'Scoda' driver above sounds like a right tit.

[Edited by TurboBoost - 6/27/2002 7:15:38 PM]

DaveU 27 June 2002 07:13 PM

No chips here either :D (yet...)

TonyBurns 28 June 2002 01:20 PM

Yeah but the annoying thing is, is that when you pass another performance car it tries to then sit 3 inches off your bumper (ie the SEAT driver) so i left him ;)
I suppose SEATs have reaonably good brakes but i know for a fact that they are no way as good as Brembo 4 pots :p and id hate to have to brake hard with some plonka 3 inches off my bumper if someone pulled out infront of me :(
Its nice sometimes to have a quick blast against someone else but you dont half get some idiots out there (red vw mk2 golf gti comes into it here :rolleyes: )

Tony:D

logiclee 28 June 2002 06:27 PM

XSOOOBY,

I think you'll find its Skoda not Scoda. ;) :)

In the dry or while rolling on A road a UK scoob will have problems with an Octavia RS, if the RS is chipped you may end up with egg on you face. 145+mph standard 160mph+ with moderate tuning on the RS, will only loose out to a UK Scoob off the line and round first and second gear corners in the wet. The Octavia is known to be the best handling car in VAG stable but suppose any car can have to55ers driving them, looks like you came across one. :) .

When I sold my Scoob I had plenty of drives in RS's couldn't believe what Skoda were offering, wife didn't like the seats :rolleyes: or I would be driving one now. :)

Lee

[Edited by logiclee - 6/28/2002 6:33:12 PM]

Paul_M 29 June 2002 12:52 AM

Sometimes it's fun to nail it in an obviously underpowered car just to see the guy in the nice car give it a bit of welly. Came up alongside a guy pottering along in a Ferrari 355 once when I was driving a 150 BHP beast! Thought hmm I'd like to see that shift and hear the sound of the V8 so I booted it and needless to say he was off!

I was never under any illusion about getting past him, just wanted to admire the prancing horse being driven properly. Probably the same thing when a lot of people put the boot down when you're driving a scoob - although there are definitely the ones with a chip on the shoulder :)