ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Pedders suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/1068165-pedders-suspension.html)

LewisMY97 27 January 2024 09:17 PM

Pedders suspension

Hi guys. Just finished fitting new set of pedders suspension P/N 803036 on my classic. After install the front is sitting approximately 20mm lower than the rear. Using the measurement the pedders recommend from bottom of rim to arch I'm getting 565mm at the rear which is correct according ro the website and only 545mm at the front. These have replaced an existing set of pedders ezifit struts that a previous owner has fitted and they definitely weren't that low before as I can now not fit my jack under the front.

Could I have gotten something wrong during installation? They also come with the eccentric strut tops which the older set didn't have

Thanks

TECHNOPUG 29 January 2024 09:50 AM

Have you checked the individual struts to make sure they have packaged up the right ones in the kit?

909837L – Front Strut Left
909837R – Front Strut Right
909861L – Rear Strut Left
909861R – Rear Strut Right

They come pre-built don't they, so I can't see there being and installation issue.

LewisMY97 29 January 2024 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by TECHNOPUG (Post 12136514)
Have you checked the individual struts to make sure they have packaged up the right ones in the kit?

909837L – Front Strut Left
909837R – Front Strut Right
909861L – Rear Strut Left
909861R – Rear Strut Right

They come pre-built don't they, so I can't see there being and installation issue.

Yeah checked all the numbers against the website when they were delivered. What I did notice for the newage kit it does mention about having the eccentric strut top and the front being lowered, so not sure if this has been carried over to the kit for the gc8. Website quote; "Due to popular demand this kit has new been revised to the new "Spec B" version. Changes include, as standard, an offset rubber top mount for the front. This allows you to increase castor or allow greater camber adjustment. Additionally the front ride height has been lowered slightly for improved looks."

TECHNOPUG 30 January 2024 09:07 AM

The 803036 GC kit doesn't mention that it comes with the offset camber mounts though, only the late 803035 GD kit?

It could be that the mounts reduce the ride height slightly. How do you have them mounted? They should be up towards the bulkhead and then facing inwards for positive castor and negative camber.

2pot 31 January 2024 06:20 PM

The off-set top mounts won't make any difference to ride height.
Pedders info says the front will be 10mm higher than the rear - although it doesn't state whether that is a full fuel tank or not.
Did you torque the lower strut bolts with the full weight of the car on its suspension?
Did you slack off the roll bar mounts/end links?

LewisMY97 31 January 2024 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2pot (Post 12136592)
The off-set top mounts won't make any difference to ride height.
Pedders info says the front will be 10mm higher than the rear. f560/r550mm - although it doesn't state whether that is a full fuel tank or not.
Did you torque the lower strut bolts with the full weight of the car on its suspension?
Did you slack off the roll bar mounts/end links?

It was torqued with the front jacked up, but id have thought it would sit higher if anything in that case?

Rear drop links were disconnected, never had to touch the front ones as the hub moved out the way of the strut easy enough