ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Newage coil pack conversion (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1068030-newage-coil-pack-conversion.html)

ossett2k2 21 November 2023 09:18 AM

Newage coil pack conversion

I know JTI do the loom but spotted that Fuji racing do the same loom for my v3sti for less than a third of the price! Anyone running the fuji are they ok?

Rich

lockheed 21 November 2023 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12135250)
I know JTI do the loom but spotted that Fuji racing do the same loom for my v3sti for less than a third of the price! Anyone running the fuji are they ok?

Rich

Ive not got any of the fuji gear, but ive seen its well priced and heard it's icp's own brand and not heard any complaints about it.

ossett2k2 21 November 2023 07:20 PM

Yes Luke at icp has always sold quality gear. Was so surprised at how much cheaper the fuji loom is compared to jti. Also forgot that Alyn @AS Performance did a loom but don't even think he would be that price.

About time you sorted a website out Alyn @stockcar

stockcar 22 November 2023 02:38 PM

if the price is too good to be true......................

unfortunately lots of 'names' have simply gone down the lowest price route with the expected fall in quality - in general, lots of things are simply far eastern sourced copies of someone else's hard work

ossett2k2 23 November 2023 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by stockcar (Post 12135282)
if the price is too good to be true......................

unfortunately lots of 'names' have simply gone down the lowest price route with the expected fall in quality - in general, lots of things are simply far eastern sourced copies of someone else's hard work

I hear what you're saying but nearly £170 for a small loom is very expensive
DIY was around before the loom kits so I guess everyone has copied this loom.

I've not seen any bad press for fuji racing but I'll see what the quality is like when I receive it.

stockcar 23 November 2023 04:04 PM

labour / hourly rate alone would mean they can't be UK made but also unsure who is charging £170+ ??

not aimed at anyone in particular but amazing how much "copy" parts abound these days and are even sold purporting to be something else............

ossett2k2 23 November 2023 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by stockcar (Post 12135308)
labour / hourly rate alone would mean they can't be UK made but also unsure who is charging £170+ ??

not aimed at anyone in particular but amazing how much "copy" parts abound these days and are even sold purporting to be something else............

£168 direct from jti

lockheed 23 November 2023 04:57 PM

[QUOTE)

About time you sorted a website out Alyn @stockcar[/QUOTE]

This!

stockcar 24 November 2023 08:37 AM

oh and just to confirm albeit most already would know this but Fuji Racing is simply a trading style of ICP............

as for websites then maybe we prefer to ensure people actually get what they require rather than some odd stuff of the net..............:lol1:

there is always phone and email??

ossett2k2 24 November 2023 10:32 AM

It's good to talk Alyn but when I've had 15 whiskeys on a Saturday night I get the urge to buy something shiny and totally un-needed for my lovely car then Online is the way....it's the future :)

It is definitely good to know there are still some proper old school traders etc out there but not even you would appreciate a call at 1am to order a catch can and an AS Performance Tshirt :lol1:

ossett2k2 24 November 2023 08:43 PM

The loom and coil packs arrived and it looks to be put together well,there's 5 plugs and some wire&shielding so not too much labour involved making these,pretty sure they won't be mass produced either.
Happy with the quality and for the loom and 4 new coil packs £168.

Looking forward to trying these out,do some mapping and see if my drunken buy was worth the change :wonder: