ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Ecutek mapper around London or anywhere South-ish? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1067733-ecutek-mapper-around-london-or-anywhere-south-ish.html)

MB84 30 June 2023 02:53 AM

Ecutek mapper around London or anywhere South-ish?

My car is ready for a remap finally (I should have bought a BMW 335D :wall:, :lol1:) unfortunately FB Tuning can't do it.....
ECU only works with Ecutek :facepalm2: ..... 08-13 JDM Forester...From looking around the only one I found is close-ish is B. Rawle... any recommendations even someone who travels down south maybe?

I've been faffing about witht this for nearly a year now It's time to finally get it sorted...

Henrik 30 June 2023 06:10 AM

Slowboy racing @ brands hatch?

MB84 01 July 2023 11:20 AM

they don't use Ecutek....

lockheed 01 July 2023 12:03 PM

Theres Duncan Graham that maps at surrey rolling road but would you risk it?

MB84 01 July 2023 01:08 PM

The only one I could find that doe Ecutek is Bob Rawle , I'll get in touch with him.

Henrik 01 July 2023 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by MB84 (Post 12132615)
they don't use Ecutek....

mines ecutek and Neil has mapped it many times.

lockheed 01 July 2023 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Henrik (Post 12132624)

Perhaps you got in on ground level, im only saying because Abbey Motorsport (in Oxted) maps mine but have refused others that i pointed in their direction,

lockheed 01 July 2023 06:22 PM

Theres also Car Cal in north London run by Romain L, I think hes a bit more into motorsports than everyday mapping.

MB84 02 July 2023 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by lockheed (Post 12132627)
Theres also Car Cal in north London run by Romain L, I think hes a bit more into motorsports than everyday mapping.

I'll give them a shout , haven't seen any subaru's on their fbook page lots of honda's etc....

MB84 02 July 2023 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Henrik (Post 12132624)

You can pull the file and modify it but when re-writing was attempted with open-source the ecu was bricked ….. it was recovered , but was warned not to try again with opensource as It won't be recovered again as it's too much of a pain to fix again.....had to solder to the ecu and work some magic....the only option is Ecutek was warned before not to try as it will only work with Ecutek but some people here said that's bollocks....well it wasn't....:mad: and was able to recover the ECU as good luck finding a replacement one...I don't have the cojones to try again with anything else but Ecutek...as I don't fancy scrapping my car...

Don Clark 02 July 2023 12:47 PM

Ecutek "Master" tuner

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...0450ab0121.png

Henrik 02 July 2023 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by MB84 (Post 12132636)
You can pull the file and modify it but when re-writing was attempted with open-source the ecu was bricked ….. it was recovered , but was warned not to try again with opensource as It won't be recovered again as it's too much of a pain to fix again.....had to solder to the ecu and work some magic....the only option is Ecutek was warned before not to try as it will only work with Ecutek but some people here said that's bollocks....well it wasn't....:mad: and was able to recover the ECU as good luck finding a replacement one...I don't have the cojones to try again with anything else but Ecutek...as I don't fancy scrapping my car...

fair enough, mine is modified with ecuedit now (also because of that stupid ecutek lock in bs).

Just in case someone else is wondering, you can write to ecutek’d ECUs, but because of encryption keys, you need to use either official ecutek or ecuedit (a Russian piece of software, no idea how they got the keys…)

Wish I had an open source map myself, but unfortunately it wasn’t an option the first time I had it mapped :)

MB84 02 July 2023 02:15 PM

car had a secondary air pump delete an ecuedit worked fine for that and flashing the codes out, but as soon the flashing for the remap was attempted ECU was corrupted , brown pants moment when I could not find the ECU anywhere online to buy, lucky Ecutek were able to recover it but was warned it was a one off...so the car has never been mapped using any software so it'snot locked to Ecutek but was warned on a forester forum that it will only work with Ecutek and they were right...

Nor sure if EcuFlash would work better I just do not have the cojones to try again...and I'm stuck with mods on the car so I defo need a remap....I've been driving it for a year now with the new turbo in without a remap