ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   STOLEN!!!!! Abarth 500 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1067279-stolen-abarth-500-a.html)

NOSSY_89 03 January 2023 12:53 PM

STOLEN!!!!! Abarth 500

Hi guys

I'm not expecting this will be found because these days cars are never recovered and if they are they end up in terrible condition. Just wanted to vent more than anything. Stolen in broad daylight, smashed the window and did whatever laptop business they needed to get it started.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...6974e76a34.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...34b88f6f47.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...e9c6da5cd9.jpg

IdonthaveaScooby 03 January 2023 01:22 PM

Sorry .

theres a bloke I see out my kitchen window spends most his daylight hours this last summer preening one these things , together with fitting an exhaust pipe that makes it sound louder than my next doors neighbours Huracan

presumably they are very popular

fpan 03 January 2023 01:25 PM

Sorry to hear this Nossy :(
They do sound great indeed!

JdmSti2006 03 January 2023 01:26 PM

no idea why but plenty of them has been stolen in the last few weeks

johno01 03 January 2023 01:37 PM

Fckers 🤬🤬

sorry to hear this mate

The Joshua Tree 03 January 2023 03:54 PM

It looks a nice car, i hope they catch the scum that took it and you get the car back in good condition.

NOSSY_89 03 January 2023 05:36 PM

Well the police are useless. Car was posted loads on social media and it was found. Called the police and they said "you've found it so drive it home". Speaking to people who live where it was found these scum were sat in it without a care in the world. For 6 whole hours they were driving in a stolen car and not one camera picked them up. Yet when you put a single tyre into a bus lane they have a 4k picture so clear you can see the food on your face from the morning. I had descriptions on the 2 asian lads and the person who lives where it was abandoned even spoke to them presumably due to how the car was parked.

To say I'm livid is an understatement

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...c8643728a5.jpg

hedgecutter 03 January 2023 09:56 PM

I feel for you mate, it's ****e when they do nothing and yet they could have had a cheap result. The others are c*&ts as well.

ALi-B 04 January 2023 11:49 AM

Brum/Mids is going through a mega phase at the moment. Worse than usual IMO.

My cousin's BMW was taken from a cul de sac. They knew exactly where the car was, jumped in and drive off with 15seconds. Key was at the back of the house so it wasn't a relay device.

Key must have been cloned or they gained entry via hacking the BMW online system (where you can unlock your car with a phone app). They knew the car's location so either sneaked on a magnetic tracker when it was parked elsewhere (shopping centre etc.). Or gained the cars location via the online app.

Probably stripped down now with its parts in a container heading to eastern Europe. The days of the Alum Rock/Bordesley chop shops where you'd probably find parts of your car for sale are long over, they're a global operation now.

Norman Dog 04 January 2023 02:56 PM

Gutted for you mate. :mad:
Is there much damage? How many miles did they put on it?

NOSSY_89 04 January 2023 05:57 PM

They went through a full tank mate, had the car 6 hours and not a single cop spotted them. The car is wrecked. I know the front and back have been hit because theres massive gaps like its been pushed in. The front number plate is cracked, bonnet doesn't line up either. Car looks like its been in a rally and 3 tyres are blown.

the shreksta 04 January 2023 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89 (Post 12128283)
They went through a full tank mate, had the car 6 hours and not a single cop spotted them. The car is wrecked. I know the front and back have been hit because theres massive gaps like its been pushed in. The front number plate is cracked, bonnet doesn't line up either. Car looks like its been in a rally and 3 tyres are blown.

Hopefully gets written off,less stress trying to get it fixed, just dontvaccept 1st offer

NOSSY_89 05 January 2023 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12128284)
Hopefully gets written off,less stress trying to get it fixed, just dontvaccept 1st offer

I don't want the car back at this point mate. Just knowing those dirty, greasy pieces of dog **** were in the car makes my skin crawl.

JdmSti2006 05 January 2023 10:56 AM

no idea why they take a risk with it, they will have more fun on Voi scooter

NOSSY_89 05 January 2023 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006 (Post 12128289)
no idea why they take a risk with it, they will have more fun on Voi scooter

Because the cops will literally do nothing

IdonthaveaScooby 05 January 2023 11:02 AM

Presumably nowadays the steering lock is bypassed electronically somehow ?

my twenty year old Citroen quite often wont lock up , so I just put steering lock on

NOSSY_89 05 January 2023 11:05 AM

The whole steering column etc was all smashed. Far more desirable cars on the road too but I think they spotted mine after they robbed another on basically the same street on the same day. Quite a few went missing.

IdonthaveaScooby 05 January 2023 11:12 AM

*******s , they should get caught -soon

NOSSY_89 05 January 2023 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby (Post 12128293)
*******s , they should get caught -soon

Thats the problem, they won't they had the car for 6 hours. Speaking to people where the car was found the scumbags were relaxing in the car without a care in the world. The insurance company asked more questions then the cops did. Absolutely useless.

IdonthaveaScooby 05 January 2023 11:51 AM

No consultation to you of course

Colleague of ours got car jacked last month in SA , he didn’t want them to have his ten year old Corolla - and for that he got 4 broken ribs and ten days in hospital

Never thought it would happen to him

johno01 05 January 2023 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89 (Post 12128294)
Thats the problem, they won't they had the car for 6 hours. Speaking to people where the car was found the scumbags were relaxing in the car without a care in the world. The insurance company asked more questions then the cops did. Absolutely useless.

how far away from yours was it found mate?

JDM_Stig 05 January 2023 01:19 PM

Obviously proper Pros, smashing the window and torturing the steering column was a flash back to the 90`s/00`s, surely any decent thief just piggy backs off the owners key and starts with no damage like they do around here,
Makes you wonder why the immobiliser failed to stop the car starting even with the damage.

NOSSY_89 05 January 2023 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by johno01 (Post 12128297)
how far away from yours was it found mate?

About 2 miles away from where it was taken.

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12128298)
Obviously proper Pros, smashing the window and torturing the steering column was a flash back to the 90`s/00`s, surely any decent thief just piggy backs off the owners key and starts with no damage like they do around here,
Makes you wonder why the immobiliser failed to stop the car starting even with the damage.

OBD2 hack I imagine. They don't bother breaking locks its just easier to smash the window. Dirty little scummy pieces of **** took it. We had descriptions of them.

ossett2k2 05 January 2023 06:15 PM

Police don't give a toss! Even if these scum tw@ts are caught our justice system don't punish the cnuts,this is exactly the reason it's so rife now. Disclok,snap off steering wheel,anti theft map and other devices are the only protection we can do to put the scum off. Catching them in the act or finding out who stole it then dishing out some broken bones will make them think twice!

silver-sub 05 January 2023 09:47 PM

Always a good idea to invest in a disklok.

IdonthaveaScooby 06 January 2023 08:40 AM

Do people really put those things on every time they get out the car ??!

stockcar 06 January 2023 08:53 AM

majority of the time you are far better off with an older car that actually has pukka security..........modern stuff is a joke

at least the Subaru 'chip key' seems pretty effective

NOSSY_89 06 January 2023 09:38 AM

Where the car was dumped the person who lives there saw but doesn't want to get involved........................

NOSSY_89 06 January 2023 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12128306)
Catching them in the act or finding out who stole it then dishing out some broken bones will make them think twice!

Couldn't agree more. Criminals have nothing to loose. Its us law abiding citizens that do. So instead of helping us what do the police do........nothing.

Norman Dog 06 January 2023 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by silver-sub (Post 12128311)
Always a good idea to invest in a disklok.

I used to have a Mul-T-Lock on one of my old cars, quick and easy to use and also very effective.