ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   RIP QE2 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1066854-rip-qe2.html)

Lozgti2 08 September 2022 07:01 PM

RIP QE2

She was a goodun

silver-sub 08 September 2022 07:27 PM

R.I.P Queen Elizabeth II

IdonthaveaScooby 08 September 2022 08:02 PM

R.I.P. Ma'am. :(

I hope it wasn't the thought lizz truss taking office

RAGGY DOO 08 September 2022 08:18 PM

I shouldn’t comment 😜😜

Norman Dog 08 September 2022 08:25 PM

Even know I am not really a royalist, I do respect her dedication and the work she did for this country.

RIP.

RobsyUK 08 September 2022 08:58 PM

I actually feel exceedingly sad. She's been there before and all of my life.
I just hope Charles steps up. He's got big boots to fill.

markjmd 08 September 2022 10:18 PM

RIP Lizzie, end of an era.

the shreksta 09 September 2022 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby (Post 12124692)
R.I.P. Ma'am. :(

I hope it wasn't the thought lizz truss taking office

I think it was her latest gas and electric bill that done it....

BMWhere? 09 September 2022 08:43 AM

RIP Ma'am!
The Queen is dead, long live the King!

johned 09 September 2022 09:45 AM

RIP, a true one off.

Wurzel 09 September 2022 01:55 PM

It was probably the shock of meeting Johnson and Truss on the same day, she just lost the will to live after yet another sh1te Prime Minister was elected.

ALi-B 09 September 2022 10:30 PM

Sad to see her go. Would have preferred her to go out with the country on a better footing than it is of current. Still, we are in a far better place than we were after WW2 when she started her reign.

Less sad about every formerly peppy presenter and DJ now purposely talking in a low, soft, serious tone and playing their sad/depressed/break-up mix tape all day. Even Kerrang was playing Coldplay! No just no. Celebrating the life of the Queen deserves respect. Playing Coldplay on a hard rock radio station is just plain patronising and disrespectful.

Mini rant over.

RAGGY DOO 09 September 2022 10:44 PM

Replaced by that half wit charles ,
They would be better off skipping him and making William king

Dr Hu 12 September 2022 12:38 PM

Sad day all round - she was a rock the nation stood upon - and I fear big changes may be heading our way, as all the anti-monarchists will be jumping up and down frothing at the mouth.
I bet old wee Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon is feeling a bit awkward too - thought she detested the English - yet the The Royal Family all love Scotland... and such a public turnout in Scotland for the Queen!

Anyhoo - Does anyone think she is actually in that coffin they are parading around, and lying in State? - I heard it was lead lined - is that to stop it being x-ray'ed and finding out its empty :wonder:
No disrespect but she must be well minging by now...

I also think we should give them The Royal Yacht Britannia back - The Queen was extremely sad to see that go, she actually cried! - that was the Blair Labour Govt at the time, and yet there he is in the Privvy Council etc bold as brass :Whatever_

stockcar 12 September 2022 01:15 PM

no comment on your post but ALL previous surviving prime ministers attend the Privy Council, same reason Bozo is there....

RobsyUK 12 September 2022 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=Dr Hu;12124811]Sad day all round - she was a rock the national stood upon - and I fear big changes may be heading Does anyone think she is actually in that coffin they are parading around, and lying in State? - I heard it was lead lined - is that to stop it being x-ray'ed and finding out its empty :wonder:

The lead is to help keep it air tight and preserve the body.

IdonthaveaScooby 15 September 2022 07:30 PM

I cant imagine being blessed with so little else to do that I might spend 8hrs waiting to get a glimpse of a coffin

Lozgti2 15 September 2022 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=RobsyUK;12124813]

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 12124811)
Sad day all round - she was a rock the national stood upon - and I fear big changes may be heading Does anyone think she is actually in that coffin they are parading around, and lying in State? - I heard it was lead lined - is that to stop it being x-ray'ed and finding out its empty :wonder:

The lead is to help keep it air tight and preserve the body.

lol

Lozgti2 15 September 2022 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 12124811)
Sad day all round - she was a rock the nation stood upon - and I fear big changes may be heading our way, as all the anti-monarchists will be jumping up and down frothing at the mouth.
I bet old wee Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon is feeling a bit awkward too - thought she detested the English - yet the The Royal Family all love Scotland... and such a public turnout in Scotland for the Queen!

Anyhoo - Does anyone think she is actually in that coffin they are parading around, and lying in State? - I heard it was lead lined - is that to stop it being x-ray'ed and finding out its empty :wonder:

I also think we should give them The Royal Yacht Britannia back - The Queen was extremely sad to see that go, she actually cried! - that was the Blair Labour Govt at the time, and yet there he is in the Privvy Council etc bold as brass :Whatever_

I’ll have the boat if no one wants it

do scoobynet tours

Lozgti2 16 September 2022 06:28 PM

Good on David Beckham 👍

IdonthaveaScooby 16 September 2022 07:49 PM

Hes scored ?

BMWhere? 18 September 2022 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lozgti2 (Post 12125028)
Good on David Beckham 👍

You would have thought he could have got VIP access if he wanted! Credit to him for queuing with the rabble! :thumb:

Lozgti2 18 September 2022 08:14 PM

Lol

Is it disrespectful to have got some butterkist toffee popcorn in to watch it ? I don’t want to suck a lemon all day

Lozgti2 18 September 2022 08:17 PM

Yep. Nice one. Queued for 12 hours

the shreksta 18 September 2022 08:48 PM

Well you won't get a telegram on your 100th birthday anymore.......instead you will get a text off Andrew when you turn 14🙂🙃

Lozgti2 18 September 2022 09:11 PM

😂😂😂😂

silver-sub 19 September 2022 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12125099)
Well you won't get a telegram on your 100th birthday anymore.......instead you will get a text off Andrew when you turn 14🙂🙃

or get taken for a birthday meal at Pizza Express in Woking.

RobsyUK 19 September 2022 10:08 PM

What a beautiful funeral.